1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Live stream feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Maybe I can answer some of them.. (Not sure about them, but it's something)

2- Dubt. There is no confirmation about this, but they think about making this a commercial game, and the other game developers can buy the engine codes/licencing for their own games.
    3- As said above, depends if any other game developer buy this engine.
    5- Rigs of Rods probably.

2. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

The stop sign makes a good hood ornament for the D15;)

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

1 - Things are in beta, the particles are likely work in progress. Be patient, there's alot to improve and develop still. Hell, the game still crashes constantly
    2 - doubtful that this project is going to be open source, its looking highly likely we're going to need to pay
    3 - Its certainly possible to see this in other games, last year Gabester used to talk about BeamNG being 'middleware' for use in all kinds of games. Whether this is still the case is ambiguous, but its a hell of an engine not to sell to other developers
    4 - They say it tales 10,000 hours to get good at something, but with enough experience you get to learn that being an "expert" is an ongoing process. These guys have been at it for probably well over a decade
    5 - BeamNG was likely birthed out of freeware called Rigs of Rods as a redevelopment from the ground up in order to iron out all of RoR's problems and inefficiencies. The four developers here are the main developers of RoR.
    6 - You'd need an understanding of Newtonian mechanics, and some understanding of material physics. You obviously need to learn to program too. There's a massive library of things you need to know to make any kind of competent physics engine. but mainly you need to be a good problem solver because many of the challenges associated with new ways to do things are unique. You do a lot better being a creative problem solver than solely relying on existing knowledge.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

To the guy that said to make it more user friendly, I think it needs to stay that for the "pre-release." That way the devs can tell who is just a casual gamer and who wants to acctualy help with the bugs by who asks how to use the GUI.

5. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

yeah! it could be used as a skin on that boxtruck ;)

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I like the UI just the way it is and i really hope it doesn't get ruined so the dumb folks don't get confused.

7. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

Pfft you GUI kids. I do everything by command line... But seriously the UI needs to be simple, but not dumbed down or restrictive. If people were to play in the Torque 3D editor, it would be easy for them to mess things up by accidently moving an object etc. On topic: The stream was worth staying up for :) The music was soothing and a good variety of content was shown. I was in aw when you sent those delivery vans down the cliff. The parts system looks great too, but is the handling effected when parts are changed/removed? I assume so because you see that each part has weight.

8. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Yep, if you do extensive weight reduction to the super for example, by removing the body, seats, bumpers etc you get an insane half-pipe machine :)

9. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

I love how you can now remove whatever you want, and it applies to the structure as well. I think it'll be a huge turning point for some folks, as they can have their own beat em' up cars (no hood, fenders, bumpers, etc).

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I was so excited when you showed that. It looks really awesome and i can only imagine how much this will effect the mod community (if you can add new components to add to cars easily). Do you reckon we will finally be able to post screens of a modded gavril without facing the wrath of Gabester? :p

11. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

Hell yeah. I'm excited for crazy, unnecessary body kits people will make for the cars that will ship with the game.

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im waiting to be heavily disappointed by some god awful looking mods people put on the cars that get put on here as screenshots. But hopefully people are tasteful. Who am i kidding :p

13. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

Another question(just a little one :/)

- How is the clipping bit? I mean in the first bit there was some massive clipping because there was no colliding with the same object. Then there was but it wasn't perfect and in the livestream I almost didn't see any glitch. Is it almost fixed now?

:eek: And another one:

- If you get funded for the project(Maybe kickstarter was the best thing but you're a bit late now) will you test real life vs ingame crashes? Or do you think the physics in game are slightly different causing a different crash?

14. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Here is a thread showing Gabe trying to replicate a forum members crash with the D15.
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/633-Developers-Challenge-you

15. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

16. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

2 week trip D:

17. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Haha. Sorry to bring back those memories lol. :)

18. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

You guys are lucky... Next week I will go away for 4 weeks with no computer or tv at all ;-(

19. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

And the game (alpha) won't even have been released when you come back :(

20. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

Is there more certainty about the publishing date? maybe the month or year?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice