1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

logitech driving force pro paddles skip gears

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Warble, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to get a flawless run up the modded track pikes peak for awhile now in the hirochi prasu, but my flow keeps getting messed up when I hit the paddle once lightly on my Logitech driving force pro wheel and it shifts directly from 3rd to 5th, 2nd to 4th, 4th to 2nd or most annoyingly 3rd to 1st, which just ruined a really good run I was having by grenading the engine, its a nearly 15 year old wheel so I expect that the problem is on my end, just to let you know im NOT using gearbox safety assistant, im also not using a clutch pedal, my wheel doesn't come with one I have clutch assist on but not throttle assist is there anything I should do so I can stop having this issue distract me during runs? it happens quite frequently

2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem, but usually only when upshifting. My wheel is however 19 years old, but the shifting is set up like on yours. I suggest you open the wheel and see if the paddles make good contact when pressed, and if not you could macgyver something together.

3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yea sounds like the paddle switches are messed up and send multiple shift signals at "once".
    Software side there is no debouncing of super quick repetitive inputs, so that would lead to your described issues...
    For now, try giving the switches a good clean with quality contact cleaner, might help for a while. In the long term you probably need new switches though.

4. gonard

gonard
    Expand Collapse

I have same problem with g27 wheel. In other games i fix it by gear shift debounce option (min timer between gear shifting). It would be great to add this feature in beamng.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice