Look Back Camera Consistency (Hood View, Chase View)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Spec Racer Z, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

The shoulder look back in Cockpit view is amazing for most cars, and I also appreciate how looking back in Orbit view snaps the camera into place now regardless of movement direction. My favorite views for racing are Hood view and Chase view, so I want to offer some feedback on them.

Hood view is the only camera view in the game with no means of looking back without changing to a different camera, which is unfortunate. Having look back place the camera over the trunk/rear of the vehicle as your reverse hood view would be my favorite way I've seen this handled in games, but a reverse bumper cam is also fairly common and works well. I'd also like to see an "Automatically center view on release" toggle for Hood camera the way there's one for Driver camera if possible.

Chase view has an automatic look back that reverses your manual camera controls, and this is very disorientating when quickly switching between forwards and backwards movement, especially given that the camera rotates to position rather than snapping to position. I think the camera controls should be matched to the orientation of the vehicle and ignore movement, and the look back button should have the exact same behavior as orbit view and lock the camera backwards regardless of movement as well. I'd personally prefer no automatic look back at all in this view so it's entirely manual and even more distinct from Orbit camera's default behavior, and for looking around in this view to snap the camera into position instead of rotating.

Customization is always a good thing, so it'd be great to see camera snap behavior, orientation and automatic look back as separate toggles under camera options for Chase.

With those additions, I believe all of the camera modes would feel equally playable and there would no longer be any situations where it feels like the camera accidentally sabotages your control of the vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. julie mack

julie mack
    Expand Collapse

I can say its a quite interesting post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice