1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

low fps, 99% cpu usage on 3.44GHz quad core??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by THEDRVER, Jan 1, 2018.

1. THEDRVER

THEDRVER
    Expand Collapse

and the pc is now about 4 years in my posesion and last year i bought a new harddrive, a few weeks ago i reinstalled windows and then i started to put all my games on a different harddrive,i had ran beamng before(my friend game) like half a year ago and then it ran great (utah highest setting 60fps limmited) but now (exact same pc) doesnt run shi"

2. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

There is a great factor you keep missing, is the pc made by a company like dell, hp, etc, or is it custom? The game had many updates to optimize newer hardware, yours is falling behind. Telling me weather or not its prebuilt can give me a good idea on what I can tell you as an upgrade path to make games run better.

3. THEDRVER

THEDRVER
    Expand Collapse

bought and upgraded (dell xps)
    and i'll check the specs in a sec, im gonna get some food real quick

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Something is clearly wrong there, I recommend you to dry older drivers, if Minecraft is not running well, then there must be software issue I guess.

HDD is not directly effecting this, but trough page file it could slow things down, but I would say that is really rare situation.

You can test HDD performance for example with https://www.atto.com/disk-benchmark/

It would also help if you would log data with HwInfo64 from BeamNG session and post log here, so we can see what is going on in machine, but based on your GPU load, CPU load and FPS, it looks like driver issue, but there is always so many possibilities and such log could help us to narrow down possibilities a bit.

5. THEDRVER

THEDRVER
    Expand Collapse

better prossesor faster ram and better gpu watercooling was standard but got replaced +- a year ago couse it got near clogged

6. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Since its a dell (nothing against dell) the motherboard is prolly causing the issues, a drive could help but it doesn't change the fact the computer is old. I would personally say get a new motherboard and cpu ram ect and then drop 110$ on windows or use it inactive.

7. THEDRVER

THEDRVER
    Expand Collapse

i am planning to just buy a brand new one but since im only 16 i make around 400euro a month so ye but what i don't understand is why its running bad now and +- half a jear ago ran great

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice