1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Low FPS - What is causing it?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Eruption, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

(This is NOT a thread asking: Here are my specs, Can I run BeamNG?)
    I just downloaded DRIVE, and it, disappointingly, runs with low FPS.
    So, I was wondering what do I have to replace in my PC to make it run faster?

I have 4 AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processors with 2.90 GHz.
    And a ATI radeon HD 4200 Graphics card. (With a total of 1919 MB Graphics memory)
    With 4.00 GB RAM.
    Operating system is windows 7.

Any suggestions/help would be awesome!

Thanks in advance.

P.S I did everything the wiki told me to optimize performance. And I did search for other posts. And my budget is around $80.

2. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

You have 4 processors? Do you mean 4 cores? x)

3. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

Yes... Now I feel stupid.. :eek:

4. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Naw, no need to, its a simple mistake. :)
    Well, a cheap solution would be to maybe Overclock your GPU/CPU... if you feel comfortable to do so.
    You may need to purchase a second cool implement though, possibly a better fan, is your fan a stock fan?

5. metalmuncher

metalmuncher
    Expand Collapse

While the CPU is somewhat weak, the integrated graphics card is probably what is pulling you down. Grab a decent dedicated one and you should see an increase in performance.

6. FreddyJones

FreddyJones
    Expand Collapse

Not only that, it's very poor integrated graphics. Less than1/2 the benchmark score of the lowly Intel HD-3000.

7. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

AMD Cpus are low-rated for beamng i think. also your vga is not so good. its normall for me that you do not get smooth gameplay.

8. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

Yes. In fact everything is stock! :p
    I've been thinking on upgrading, and I guess now is the time to do it.
    How can you overclock GPU/CPU?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, but how can I get it to run faster?
    New graphics card? more RAM?

9. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

Overclocking is not likely to increase performance by a lot. It's also not a good idea to overclock without improving your cooling solution. In this case, your GPU is really weak; it's futile to overclock it.

It looks like your GPU is the short straw, and the best solution would be to get a dedicated card. Before you can do that, you have to make sure that your power supply can support the extra load, your motherboard has the appropriate slot open and that it will fit in your case. There are a lot of cards available for <$80, but none that are that great. In terms of the shelf life of the technology, it might be time for a new PC. If that's something that definitely can't happen, I would get a graphics card.

10. FourEclipse58

FourEclipse58
    Expand Collapse

hello iam having the problem too.

you must change the display settings and the game settings all of lowest and off and NOT anti-alising.

my pc is 13 years old and have Intel Premium 4 and 2,5 GB RAM and its all of low and iam play little which laggy

sorry for my bad english :D

11. CrashTestDum

CrashTestDum
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem, I get about 10 FPS on any map except the test map. I have everything on lowest and have turned SSAO off. Is there anything else I can lower/turn off to make it run faster?

12. nikobelichgta5

nikobelichgta5
    Expand Collapse

You have the similar PC like my ))) I have your processcor , your memory and Windows 7 but i have the GTX560 ...
    The BeamNG running at 40 FPS

13. gurflob7

gurflob7
    Expand Collapse

Your computer sounds great better than mine anyway. I think you just need a bit more ram, 4 isin't enough, you need around 8 ram. I have the same problem but i need a new processor.

14. Immortal Racer

Immortal Racer
    Expand Collapse

You really should upgrade your PC. The six core PC is now becoming more and more prevalent.

15. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

Wow. How much did you get it for? What is your power supply?

Cool, I will look into getting more RAM.

Thanks for the help you guys! :D

I also just remembered that I bought a GeForce 7300 LE awhile back, so I just put it in.. But it actually runs worse than the built in 4200 HD. :(

16. nikobelichgta5

nikobelichgta5
    Expand Collapse

Hehehehehe..... Its not WOW ...its Crap ! WOW when 8GB 8Cores and GTX TITAN ..heheehhee... My comp 15 + 5 ( vga) ... 20.000 RUB .....$650

power supply is 650W ... its enough for my GeForcy GTX'y 560 :D

- - - Updated - - -

In Russia we have one Game Viewer named VANOMAS ..May be you know him .... This is a crapped idiot who craps all games ! He criticizing my favorite game - BeamNG ! I wrote him - YOU PIECE OF CR*P !

#16 nikobelichgta5, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  17. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

That CPU is so bad it can't even handle 1 car properly, so it doesn't matter if you increase RAM or change the GPU or whatever, you have a CPU that is bottlenecking your whole system in this game. Apart from that, please don't buy old DDR2 RAM, it won't work on newer computers, don't invest money on something old and crappy and outdated. If I were you I would save money and buy something decent, Intel CPU, mid-high range GPU, 8GB RAM, a new MOBO and a PSU that can handle all that. For 500-600$ you can get something interesting. ;)

18. Ryandibbs101

Ryandibbs101
    Expand Collapse

I'm on vacation and I have yet to try this game on mine. I can tell it will most likely be slow since i have Intel i5 and 2.4GHz with the stock graphics card and 4GB RAM. Hopefully I won't make the game look too god awful when I optimize the game to run without lag.

19. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

I think I could just buy a new one for that much.
    Luckily I had some old RAM from my previous computer, and it didn't fit. So if I buy new RAM I will get the newer kind.
    Is there anything that I can get that's decently cheap? Otherwise I would have to save my pennies.

Thanks for the advice!

20. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

More RAM is not likely to fix your issue. 4 GB should be enough to play a game. Pop open the Task Manager and look at how much RAM is being used by the game and how much you have free. If you're using a total of 95% of your RAM, that's bad. You can free up a little more RAM by closing other windows while you have this game running. Know the problem before you throw money at it.

I still maintain that the GPU is the short straw. The 7300 LE is a low-end version of a card from 10 generations ago; no wonder it's not better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice