1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Low FPS - What is causing it?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Eruption, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

That's just Bullshit, stop making bad advises. No more explanation needed.

This one?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031

It will for sure fit, the size of ATX power supplies is normed so you don't have to worry about its size. It's definitely a good deal with that $15 mail in rebate card:)

#41 Creak92, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, I can get it even cheaper on TigerDirect!
    Do you think it's enough to run that graphics card?
    If so, I will buy these, and let you know how it turns out! :D

THANKYOUSOMUCH!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so..
    I can run Cliff Tumble with almost the same fps with three cars, or one.
    I think my problem right now is the GPU.
    If that's not the case, then I will do what you suggested.
    :cool:

3. jeremywill

jeremywill
    Expand Collapse

or get some good gaming programs I have a laptop hp dual core AMD with readon 6856 HD 1.3 with 4gb of RAM running the game at 45 to 50 frps with high settings.

4. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

It's more than enough to run that card:)
    If you're not sure of how to install new components look for some tutorials on youtube (Like this one although it's even a bit too detailed :p )or ask a skilled friend but generally it's not that complicated. Make sure to touch a piece of grounded metal (water tap, heating system ...) once in a while and be gentle, don't use excessive force to make parts fit;) You can't really do anything wrong because of all the plugs will only fit to their appropriate sockets so there's no danger of accidentally making bad connections.

5. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

Please be specific. 'good gaming programs' doesn't make any sense to me. Do you have an example?

Awesome, that's what I needed to hear. I am familiar with installing cards, but not PSU's. But I'm pretty sure I could figure it out.
    You're da bomb dude! :cool:

6. jeremywill

jeremywill
    Expand Collapse

Well Here Are SomE Good Thangs To Download To Make Your Games Run Faster. One Driver Booster It Updates Any Out Of Date Drivers. 2 Razor Game Booster Stops Any Unessesary Programs Runing, Advanced Systemcare From Iobit It Will Scan Your Computer For Mlware,Junk Files,Booster Your Internet And system Ec Ec. AnD Here Is My Suggestions Of What To Download To Enhance Your Computer.

7. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Good suggestions. i use Razers game booster.
    Do YoU lIkE CaPitaLS?

8. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Oh really? So go take the frame body of a ferrari and add a 80hp engine. You sure expect it to get to 300km/h. Even a high end 4 cores intel cpu is a small bottleneck for the GTX titan.

9. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

That Ferrari analogy is not necessary and doesn't fit in the first place, just saying.
    In your post you clearly stated that the OP would get the exact same FPS on his system no matter if he'd use his integrated Radeon HD 4200 or a GTX Titan which is just not true.

In case you've forgotten what you've written before:

10. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

The analogy fits perfectly. The frame can be the GPU and the engine the CPU. If you have a powerful CPU (engine) and a super GPU (lightweight frame body) then it is fast. What he has right now is a 50 horsepower engine (CPU) and a frame body that weights 20 tons (GPU), that's why it is slow. Maybe I was wrong when I said there would be no performance increase with a better gpu, I had another GPU in mind. But as you can see on the forums, lots of people with 8-core AMD CPUs are having performance problems, so you can imagine what an old 4-core AMD @ 2.9 Ghz performs like... Remember this is a heavily CPU-dependent game. In his case I would get a new GPU, and after that a new Intel CPU.

11. jeremywill

jeremywill
    Expand Collapse

No My Phone Dose That I Dont Know How To Stop It From Doing it.

12. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

#52 Bubbleawsome, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  13. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Added one. 600w is about the max you need for an everyday computer.

15. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

Weird analogys won't help you to convince me, I know enough about electronics and PC technology so that I don't need them. Also I don't need toimagine what an old 4-core AMD @ 2.9 Ghz performs like, I very recently switched over from a old AMD quad core @ 3Ghz and I can tell you it ran drive fine if coupled with a proper graphics card. Changing the CPU to a more powerful one is fine if you have a decent budget (That's basically what I just did) but the OP wanted to know how to improve his system on a very small budget. His system is heavily bottlenecked by the slow integrated graphics so upgrading the graphics is the way to go here, removing the bottleneck will greatly increase his systems performance not only in Drive but also in about every other game.
    In most threads where people complain about bad framerates with good components (AMD FX 8xxx or Intel i5 or 7 CPUs) the issue most likely is caused by some kind of bug since interestingly the FPS are limited for most of them to 25fps which won't change by adjusting the settings. User that don't have such problems get good framerates with the FX CPUs.

A good 400W PSU is perfectly future proof if you don't plan to buy top of the line components. With +200W to spend on the graphics card you'll ever be able to run very good components, the power draw of components will definitely not increase in the future since mobility will play a more and more important role in designing the future generations of hardware.

16. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the rest of your text that I have deleted.

This should clear up my opinion on AMD CPUs performance on this particular game:

This is me and 3 cars in the grid map at max settings + PostFX:

BeamNGSandbox 2013-08-07 18-26-09-30.jpg

83 FPS.

And this is a guy from the forum with also 3 cars on the grid map and everything maxed out:

screenshot_00005.jpg

50 FPS.

There is a 33 FPS difference when he has the same GPU but overclocked a lot higher than mine, faster ram, etc. BUT AMD FX-8150, 8 cores at 4,2 Ghz:

AMD Bulldozer 8150 @ 4.2GHz | Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC @ 1.2Ghz | 8GB G.Skill @1666Mhz | 500GB + 2TB Seagate | 1KW PSU |

So that's why I think that old AMD is a bottleneck even with 1 or 2 cars. Maybe not with a 7300LE GPU, but with anything mid-range it is. So I recommend the same as you, change GPU, and when the budget allows it, go for an intel CPU.

17. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

First I want to clear up that I never said that AMD CPUs are superior to their Intel counterparts in this game, I just said that you'll get decent enough framerates with an AMD quadcore as well. I can't give you exact figures since I've swapped my config about a month ago and all of my AMD/Drive experiences were made with a pre-Alpha version so they might not be 100% comparable to the released Alpha but cruising around several maps or crashing two cars was no problem. This is quite a difference compared to getting <10fps in every situation like the OP.
    For better comparability (no matter if you want to compare CPUs, GPUs, RAM or whatever) you need 100% the same settings which is not the case in your screens. Both of you have used different cars, a different resolution and different settings, the graphics in both pictures really look different. With these issues solved I'd love to see a proper comparison of your framerates in different situations, you really seem to have similar systems except the CPU.
    This being said we'd really need a proper thread to compare the results we get on different system configurations like TheAdmiester has tried to start. For best results every component has to use the exact same settings, the best solution would be a map with prespawned cars.

Btw, the OP doesn't has a Nvidia 7300GT but a chipset integrated Radeon HD 4200 which is much slower than the already crappy Nvidia card. I'm sure he'd love to swap GPU Bottlenecked <10FPS with CPU bottlenecked ~45FPS (wild guess:p).

Don't get me wrong, just like you've said with the current code a Intel CPU definitely is the best solution for BeamNG but the OP has to make the best out of his situation on a limited budget which in this case would be getting a new GPU.

I think we're slowly getting into a common position;)

#57 Creak92, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  18. Eruption

Eruption
    Expand Collapse

That is exactly what I plan to do. When, of course, I have the money. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I have one more question.
    It is known that the card I want to buy is PCI-e 3.0.
    The computer I'm putting it in has only a PCI-e slot. (Not 3.0 or 2.0)
    Will it work/fit?

19. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

From what I've read on the internet you can use a PCI 2.0 card on a 1.x slot, but not a 2.1 or 3.0 card. Keep in mind that for AMD GPUs they are all 2.1 or 3.0 since the HD 5000 series. So.... Not worth it at all. If you want to buy the GPU first you'd have to go for an aldready really old card. They don't produce this cards anymore... I guess you'll have to update CPU + Mobo + Ram first and then update the GPU. And with an 1.x PCI slot you'll have an even bigger bottleneck.

20. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Those programs do absolutely nothing unless you're a complete fool who has their computer bogged down by bloatware and background tasks. They're not going to make a computer magically faster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice