Mac VS PC

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by pf12351, Apr 26, 2014.

?

Mac or PC

1. PC

92.2%
  2. Mac

7.8%
  1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... It seems I have started a flame war, not my intention, but a hilarious side-effect.
    Nope, my box is a little jet engine. Xigmatec fans FTW!
    I think I like you... (No homo)
    I'm gonna have fun with this one. Running 10.6 on my Mac, let's go to the app store and... Oh dear... That's freer than America, SixSixSevenSeven:
    Screen shot 2014-04-29 at 8.00.03 PM.jpg
    Did I ever say that there was a direct link between Office and Windows?
    No, doesn't look like it.

[TABLE="class: infobox vevent, width: 22"]
    [TR]
    [TH]Company / developer[/TH]
    [TD]Apple Inc.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Written in[/TH]
    [TD]C, C++, Objective-C[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]OS family[/TH]
    [TD]Mac OS, Unix[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Working state[/TH]
    [TD]Current[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Source model[/TH]
    [TD]Closed source (with open source components)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Initial release[/TH]
    [TD]March 24, 2001[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Latest release[/TH]
    [TD]10.9.2 (Build 13C64)[SUP][8][/SUP](February 25, 2014; 2 months ago)[±][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Latest preview[/TH]
    [TD]10.9.3 (Build 13D45a) [SUP][9][/SUP](April 21, 2014; 8 days ago) [±][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Marketing target[/TH]
    [TD]Personal computing[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Available in[/TH]
    [TD]Multi-lingual[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Update method[/TH]
    [TD]Apple Software Update
    Mac App store[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Supported platforms[/TH]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    No, clearly says that OSX is a Unix OS here... Allow me to repeat it: "OS Family: Mac OS, Unix" Modified Unix, yes, but still Unix.
    Eh, I try.

2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

10.6? you need to update (the older c2d models can go up to 10.7 stock, i'm sure someone's made a hack that allows it to go higher)

so it's the pc's fault that the fan manufacturer of the fans in your pc are crappy? yeah no, doesn't work that way, not only that, but if it's a normal desktop, you can quite easily replace the fans with quiet ones.

the lags and crashes and slowness you're talking about sounds like a virus, been running many windows pc's for 10+ year's, never had a SINGLE BSOD in their entire life, and running lag free (other than some of them in new games, in which it's the hardware being old causing low fps)

not trying to say mac is horrible though, like i said i like mac os just as much as windows, as they both do exactly what they're made to do and are both quite powerful os's

also:

8sV3p.jpg

$20 ≠ free

#42 logoster, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

See above quote from earlier.

4. ErikSW

ErikSW
    Expand Collapse

The update is free, but you need to have/buy an OS first to upgrade... It's almost like saying Beamng is free because the race update is free for anyone who already bought the game.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So your Xigmatec fans are therefore evidence that windows sucks? No that just means you have a PC with really shitty fans.
    There is where you bought in office, your own words. Look at them. They have no relation to the subject at hand, but you are the one who bought it up.

Let me go to the BeamNG updater, oh look, updating is free, thats freer than America redrobin. Updates to software =/= buying the software in the first place. I didnt pay to update my windows 8 machine to windows 8.1... Actually its the OSX license cost that shows why Apple UK suck so bad, rather than converting the $19.99 US price into pounds, they just charge £19.99.
    There you go, you never said OSX was UNIX, you said that UNIX was modified linux, they are not, UNIX predates linux and they share ideas but you are still fundamentally wrong.
    Python, non apple 3rd party software, working absolutely fine on my windows box right here and now (yeah, its actually running).
    C#, actually that is microsofts own product there and normally targets the windows only .NET framework. Mono is not 100% compatible.
    OSX is then further crippled by outdated versions of flash, java and coincedentally mono runtimes and also older versions of GCC.

Additionally not all versions of linux are free, there are several enterprise distributions which do have paid licenses.

The blind fanboyism is strong with this one...
    Low market share, it is fully possible to write malware for OSX and iOS and both have been done (OSX malware is on the rise big time actually) but why target a system with low usage. If I was writing a virus to steal users login info, I'll get alot more info back by targeting windows.

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

49226402.jpg

#characterlimit

7. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

Why would they do that, it would be as simple as typing "dollars to pounds" on the google search bar and then inputting the U.S. price. It just sounds like they couldn't be bothered to just spend 1-5 minutes correcting a small currency issue.

8. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

The flamewar has started. I repeat, the flamewar has started. What do you expect from this forum?

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

it ended 2 weeks ago actually(probably the first flamewar ever to actually end):

10. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

i don't mean to interrupt things but...

(imported from here)

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i would have chosen both, but the op didn't make it a multiple choice poll

12. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

You sicko lol.

Definitely no multiple choice, one or the other. Hard choice for some...

13. Seb121314

Seb121314
    Expand Collapse

It's simple , if you do not a Hardcore Gamer and want spend money in a computer go for mac. they have less hardware product compare to windows ( asus, acer, dell, hp,...) it's because apple have more control of all their hardware, and then more stable less bug... . for all the rest it's PC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice