WIP Mafia Lost Heaven Countryside

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by César V., Sep 19, 2016.

1. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

See the wiki here for what to do with the textures: http://wiki.beamng.com/Exporting_Textures_-_DDS_Files
    Yes. It's pretty much a constant 60fps (limited).

2. César V.

César V.
    Expand Collapse

Oups, I didn't see, j23, sorry.
    Yes, why not, and this separate level will have the race mission, so less polygons and material who will allow to add more stuff on it.

Unfortunatly I haven't succed to import the city map, Blijo. But it will be certainly too heavy to include to the actual map.

Thanks for the info, mumboking.

#42 César V., Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Just some more info about the virtual memory limits crash. When i first spawn and i drive down the road facing the same way as the car. I can drive around the map for around 10 minutes until it starts to loop back around and get near the port area. Also if when i spawn i drive down the road the opposite way it crashes after about 1-2 minutes. In free cam it crashes even quicker. Hope this helps a bit.

4. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

. (removed)

#44 NoxiousFumes, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  5. Awesomeness149

Awesomeness149
    Expand Collapse

Can someone please help i downloaded the update and now the map does not show up please help.
    Ps: i already deleted cache.

6. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Make sure it is installed like the path into the picture that i have posted.

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
  7. Awesomeness149

Awesomeness149
    Expand Collapse

it is
    --- Post updated -- upload_2016-9-27_9-27-19.png
    --- Post updated ---

i might of found the problem
    upload_2016-9-27_9-35-22.png
    --- Post updated ---
    any ideas how to combat this

8. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

if you cant open the file it means the download was corrupted. press CTRL+ENTER and check how big the file size is. It should be a similiar size to the picture i posted of around 85-90 mb.
    --- Post updated ---
    I just looked at your picture. Your download was definetely corrupted. It should be around 10times the size that it currently is. Instead of 8 something mb it should be around 85-90 like i said before. Just redownload and reinstall and the problem should be solved. Remember to delete the old files.

9. Awesomeness149

Awesomeness149
    Expand Collapse

k
    --- Post updated ---
    thx i think the problem was that it was downloading realy quickly cus everyone's using the internet thx again though.

10. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

For next time, atleast now you know what the problem is. After downloading a file, just try opening it and if you can't and it pops up with the error message, simply redownload and reinstall the file.
    Sorry for blocking up the thread Cesar V.
    Great mod, cant wait for the upcoming updates.

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

This seems like a pretty cool map, good luck with this and I hope to see continued progress.

Large maps will use GOBS of memory, even more after a forest is added. The larger the map, and/or the denser the forest, the higher memory usage it will be.
    Also, adding more cars (like for accidents or AI driving) will also inherently raise the memory usage up a bit. I can get 75~90% of my 16gb used up by Beamng.drive while editing, about 10gb while NOT editing when running my Tennessee USA 144 square-mile map. I will give a shout when I run this map and let you know what the memory usage is.

For folks with 8gb system RAM, it may help to restart the computer, then immediately running Beamng.drive (load steam if you must but you might not have to), and loading this map. Some people were able to run my large map this way, when otherwise they could not.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Awesomeness149

Awesomeness149
    Expand Collapse

funny i have a 460 nvidia and a core 2 and 8gb ram and it runs smoothly on high and with max dynamic reflection.

13. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

#consumerlaptopstruggles
    I have 3.8gb of ram but i could run it on medium high setting and still get around 30 fps. This was with everything except for dynamic reflections on and lighting was only on low. If i turned the lighting to lowest i got around 45-55 depending on the part of the map.

14. César V.

César V.
    Expand Collapse

No problem, Creasing Curve, nice to see it work for Awesomeness149 !

That would be very interesting !

By the way note that the entire level is made with static objects, witch is, I think, not best way to make tracks because it don't use any terrain editor wich is optimised for big maps.

15. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Free camera will cause the memory bug. if I pop in and out of it the map is relatively stable. So many memories with this map.

16. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

best wip map i've ever seen
    but sometimes you crash into "something" with tall vehicles
    screenshot_00069.png

17. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

And try crashing into guard rails...

18. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

yeah you will stuck, but i mean there is something invisible in the air over the street

19. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Probably some invisible trees :p

20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i'm very glad to see and play with this map, i loved the first Mafia a lot.

I have only one remark to do : the cubemap for the sky is an old one, from older version of the game, and gives to the cars an unnatural shiny aspect, because the horizon and moutains are white on those old cubemaps. I made a try with a dark horizon cubemap, and you can see the chromes are more natural, and the black car is black instead of being medium grey.
    Sorry to place my cars in the demonstration pics but i have lots of fun cruising in the map, thanks for it :D

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice