Make glass and suspension in blender

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Need2000, May 22, 2018.

1. Need2000

Need2000
    Expand Collapse

Hi this is my first post im hoping this is the right place to ask. Ive been trying too search around, but i havent found a clear answer on how too do these things. So ill try too ask here.
    I been making a car in blender and i have a few questions.

- How do you make windshield and so that it breaks? Do you have too do it in blender or in some coding.

- And how do you make suspension, like make it work. Do u have too model the arms, brakes, brake caliper, coilovers yourself? And if so how do you make them work.
    Does the coilover/struts have too be exactly over were the wheels are?

- And how do you make headlights and tailights that work?

Is there anything else too keep in mind when making a car? I have the model but im unsure how it will work in beamng.
    Thanks for answers

#1 Need2000, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

3. Uanpis

Uanpis
    Expand Collapse

I personally don't know much, but I would suggest looking at the stock vehicles

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

I agree, you could probably look into the files of the official vehicles and try to "reverse engineer" them.

5. Need2000

Need2000
    Expand Collapse

Thanks ill try
    --- Post updated ---
    Reverse engineer them? Look into the jbeam files? if so can you see the cars in blender?

• Like Like x 1
  6. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

After unpacking the vehicle from the games content folder, you can use blender to import the .dae files, and you can use use notepad++ or the NBEditor to view and edit the .jbeam files.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Ok, look at the official vehicles when modeling that stuff. It will help for reference, and if you cant do it and your being lazy just take the suspension model and use it in your mod :D don't do that unless you have to because it can cause some problems if it does not fit perfectly.

8. Need2000

Need2000
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i cppied the engine and auspension from another official car, but still dont know how too get it too work. If i copy the jbeam file from the official one it wont be posisjon as it on the model

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

You have to reposition the urban i suggest using the nodebeam editor

• Like Like x 1
  10. Need2000

Need2000
    Expand Collapse

Ok ill look into that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GooBak

GooBak
    Expand Collapse

Im interested in something similar, that being the offroad 3 link on the van... Alternately Hopper suspension all around or even the set from the traxxis mod.

Is there a specific tutorial on that? Im pretty new to this but Im trying to get an idea before diving in

12. Need2000

Need2000
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i find it hard to find a good a good tutorial. Im trying to make a wing addon on the 200bx but its hard to get it too shiw the mesh in beamng. The mounting points is wrong and when i choose it on "Additinal modification" it only shows ut at the "coupe wing or something" And i find the whole texture thing hard, cos ir doesnt show igame

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice