Making Deep Snow

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Matty Ball, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Matty Ball

Matty Ball
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,

I’ve been starting work on a map made with mostly snow and ice. I’ve made textures for the snow but the surface behaves like asphalt, with the car completely above the terrain and no snow particles. I also tried applying the texture for the snow to existing sand, but the particles the car kicks up are sand coloured. How do you change the physical properties of textures and create a ‘depth’ to surfaces? I’ve no idea how to approach this.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

3. Matty Ball

Matty Ball
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this, but I think my problem is that I can't seem to find the heightmap for my terrain after I've clicked to export it so I can't edit the depths of my materials. I tried to follow tutorials on this but I haven't managed to get beyond this point. If anyone knows what could be causing this I'd like to know. Screenshot367.png I select the terrain and try to export to generate heightmaps but when I press this nothing seems to happen and it doesn't save in any folder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice