1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. EunosRoadster69

EunosRoadster69
    Expand Collapse

Take your rest, well deserved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Dually Maluch is possible now. Although not recommended, because such heavy wheels are really wobbly on this suspension, and even worse on the normal suspension.
    dssda.png
    I also added a bunch of brakes with similar values to the ones from original mod, some differentials like welded and locking ones, and added a range selector to the 5-speed offroad transmission except the low range is how it was driving originally in the mod (with the 70 or something km/h top speed) and high range can actually reach over 100 km/h like any decent transmission should.

• Like Like x 7
  3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

holy shit you madman. you actually did it. :eek:

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Added camshaft and cylinder head tuning options, which is another popular thing to tune in the car other than the flywheel, carburetor, differential, exhaust, air filter, transmission, and also adding a turbo or using a pre-made tuning kit. I made reasonable torque curves for them based on what I could find online, with everything else stock they increase the horsepower to 28, 35 and 38. So they are a good alternative to the Z-1/30 sport kit that increases it to 30 (and includes a different camshaft and cylinder heads as well). Combined with a good carburetor you can get over 80 horsepower which is already a dangerous number for this car.
    asddssaf.png
    Corrected mudflaps model, especially the size... (also you can notice these cool Abarth center caps)
    asdadasd.png
    They might look ridiculously long but that's just how they are irl as it turns out, on FL and EL versions the bumper hides most of them but on ST not. Polish roads in the 70s were so bad that they needed bigger mudflaps than rally cars lol
    g6.jpg
    Now, the only things that I have left to port from the old version of the mod is the Cabrio body and the configs. I think I'll start with the configs, the mod doesn't have any at the moment and the amount of selectable parts it has is pretty big so I should probably make some.
    --- Post updated ---
    Turns out making configs for a mod like this is a ton of work... So far I have just these and might have to redo the colors anyway
    dsasdsd.png

• Like Like x 9
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I made configs for the ST version so far. I'm kinda proud of the OBR Rally one because the performance is now the same as irl and the weight turned out almost 100% accurate (there's still a skidplate to add and that will be the extra weight). Some of the configs need some more parts. Especially the OBR FSM is really unfinished, it should have custom stickers, door net and stuff. I don't think I've talked about this one in the thread, it was one of the prototypes for the OBR Rally, then got bought by a guy who collects cars like this and turned into a crazy looking tuner with a LOT livery. Also Abarth is unfinished, needs a skin, all rally versions basically need different skins. Tomorrow I'll add missing parts, redo the glass skin system so I can add more stickers easier, and make some FL and EL configs.
    asdasdasd.png

• Like Like x 7
  6. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes, basically all cars from that time period had massive mud flaps, some countries even required them by law but those laws were killed by fuel economy a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I ended up spending the whole day improving the configs and writing detailed descriptions for them like this
    sdaasdd.png
    There will be a lot to read in the mod, which is good, people will be able to learn some of the history of this car

• Like Like x 7
  8. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

*rates informative*

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I had a silly idea, and for this car silly ideas are a good thing because people do even more silly stuff with it irl
    asdasd.png

• Like Like x 5
  10. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, a park bench. Nice.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Aari

Aari
    Expand Collapse

poland chooning 1998

• Like Like x 2
  12. GlassCastle

GlassCastle
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Put one more spoiler on the front for maximum aerodynamics

13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Lol front spoiler? I haven't seen many cars with them, but it's possible to put a hillclimb splitter if that counts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GlassCastle

GlassCastle
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, it is rare to see a car with spoiler on the front, but it is a thing like this countach has
    images14.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I used the part randomizer mod and got this...
    asdsdads.png
    It doesn't even drive at all because the flail (from my trailer mod) is way too heavy lol

Edit: I hit a Vivace with the flail and destroyed my engine due to overrev, the cops saw it and they thought it was some random Pigeon's fault, they set a road block for it and arrested it lol. Second time ever I've seen them bust an innocent traffic car
    sdaasds.png

#575 Agent_Y, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  16. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

That is perfect!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Some new configs and parts
    asdsddsa.png

• Like Like x 6
  18. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

just update background pics and its 100x better :D

19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Will update when the rest of the mod is finished, otherwise I would forget about them, then change something and have outdated ones.

• Like Like x 3
  20. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

@Agent_Y how about attatching your flamethrower for pigeon mod (btw i love it) to the maluch?
    Just a crazy suggestion :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice