1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

dang. i got ninja'd

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Planning to make it a universal thing for roof bars, then it will work on all cars that support them, including this

• Like Like x 4
  3. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Yay :D

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

A small but very much needed change. Having 3 different fuel systems and each of them having a different fuel tank meant that the part randomizer would almost always pick the wrong combination. This fixes this issue and also allows you to have unleaded fuel on old carburetor like on FSM Niki (Australian spec version of this car).
    asdsda.png

• Like Like x 6
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I had an idea for a cool thing, inspired by what TAN has irl
    View attachment 841459
    Will be somewhat customizable a bit (wheels, mirrors, bumpers and extras), and will have simple cube Jbeam. Will use the skins and colors of your car. Making this is a long boring job of copy+pasting stuff but it's cool lol
    Edit: image broke what the heck
    Edit 2: working image
    dsaasdasd.png

• Like Like x 8
  6. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

Picture is broken :/

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Fixed it, idk why it broke, my Internet is being weird

• Like Like x 1
  8. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Cute

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

HerbieTheRealBug is actually a great source of info for this car. First he helped with the mudflaps, now he showed me that the FL bumpers are modelled wrong in the mod:
    IMG_20210926_125022.jpg
    IMG_20210926_125033.jpg
    Z.png
    We all previously assumed that they are like the Covet bumpers, but this is not true at all. They are more like enlarged P4 bumpers with removed inner side. Instead of being glued/screwed to the car, they still use the same 2 mounting points which makes them stick out a bit... and they are way thinner than both ST and P4 ones. That's ultra unsafe lol. It means I have to change both the model and Jbeam of them to simulate them correctly. But that will make them more realistic so it's fine.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Fixed the bumpers and added another cool little thing inspired by real life
    sdaasdd.png
    dfssdfs.png
    Now I'll finish that mini model on the dashboard finally, I'm getting distracted a lot lol
    --- Post updated ---
    Finished, some customization examples that will be in configs
    asdsdasd.png
    Doesn't have its own Jbeam because dashboard collision turned out not precise enough for it, it's part of dashboard Jbeam. Still cool though.

• Like Like x 4
  11. mirandasolter

mirandasolter
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Looks awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

All factory configs done aside from convertible ones which I'm doing next, only that left to port from the old version of the mod, but still a ton of stuff left to finish. Some of the stuff I can't affect when it will be done, such as improved models and interior textures.
    sdfsdfsdf.png
    (of course Happy End is there too but it just didn't fit on the image lol)

• Like Like x 7
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Started the cabrio version. Realistic weight, Jbeam fits the shape, chassis stiffening, roll bar, etc. Will need some testing.
    sdfdssdf.png

• Like Like x 10
  14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I made some cabrio configs based on the ones from old version of the mod but with parts accurate to real life. Now testing and fixing bugs.
    sdadas.png

• Like Like x 7
  15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I made some broken glass textures finally... They kinda look weird but they work. Tilting windows look weird like this because they lack the outer rubber that they should have.
    dasasdasd.png
    asdsdasa.png
    tgsdf.png
    All glass pieces have new UV maps now and should be skinnable easily, so I can make the stickers into proper skins (except PL sticker, it's small so I kept it as a separate part), and I can easily make new glass skins. I have some ideas for them.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Some glass skins (first one is glass tint), will add more when I find the images I want to use for them. Most of them are references to various things, you probably won't get all of them.
    dsasdsd.png

• Like Like x 7
  17. supra107

supra107
    Expand Collapse

Soo, all the MR1 and MR2 cars are also gonna be recreated? :)
    mr22021-09-2922-40-50.png
    I'd like to point out that the rear lights will need to be rescaled a bit, since they're bigger than the real life counterparts. Oh yeah, my dad has like 3 elx's and he knows that car's mechanics and history through and through, so maybe I could get some helpful info for the project.
    And just one more question: how far off is the project from the initial 1.0 (re)release? It seems to be on-par with the current version in terms of available parts and configs, so I think it would be wise to postpone adding new parts for a while, focus on polishing out all the current additions, release an initial version and only then work further on expanding the mod. You know, to avoid feature creep, the bane of countless projects. :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Practically all of the MR1 cars are tuners with 1 or 2 weird parts or skins and varying horsepower, while MR2 are mostly stock ones with small engine tuning, custom exhausts and skins. And all of them have weird ricer wheels. Basically they wouldn't all add much variety to the mod, I picked the 2 most recognisable ones: Toxic and Experimental, but haven't made their custom parts yet (they have a lot in MR2, like custom body kits, custom dashboards, etc.). Also I'm planning to make the thunder skin from the MR2 Cabrio and put it on the tuned Cabrio in the mod.
    AdamPLG is currently redoing all the lights completely, which includes resizing them all to proper size, making the missing ST/FL taillights, redoing all light models and textures based on ETK I-Series (not sure why this car but ok), and adding light skins like aftermarket, tuning, JDM, smoked, etc. I'll probably show everything when he finishes.
    Any bit of info about the car is helpful, if something else is modeled wrong or something, then let me know.
    I really can't tell at all when it's being finished. It mostly depends on fufsgfen and Vapordude rather than me. Mostly fufsgfen because he left some unfinished textures that need to be finished before release, namely floor mats and dashboards. But the car is missing some important parts too that Vapordude has to make, like rear windows rubber, actually good front quarter windows models, various suspension components, better engine models, Diesel engine model, and some popular tuning parts like decklid vent covers, aftermarket hubcaps, etc. Without these things the mod is not really in a releasable state yet. Not to metion I have to redo some of the stuff I made too, such as offroad suspension (turns out it's not the best even for a garage build), or passengers (I'm planning to redo them today, there is just 1 dummy option currently and the Jbeam is bad, and no Stig option so far... Some work to do on this). And also SKB has to get HerbieTheRealBug's sounds to work and fix the Diesel sounds, I can't release the Diesel when it sounds like this. And also the PROPER offorad version is not done yet, the one I planned to have on Hopper frame with D-Series suspension, like irl it has Suzuki Samurai frame and suspension. And I promised to add Autobello baja suspension swap as well, I know an irl Maluch "buggy" that I can make with it. I also initially promised SBR4 engine swap and V8 swap... More things I have to do.
    I imagine I will be able to do my things faster than the other people will finish their stuff, like always. So I might as well add more stuff meanwhile, like MR2 tuning parts (I have to anyway for Toxic and Experimental versions), stripped dirt racer version, maybe amateur rally beater version... and that's all I think, then cleaning up the mess in the files system, converting everything to PBR, adding missing colors (FL Maquillage, ELX and Town ones are missing), improving factory configs with proper interior and exterior colors, then as the last thing making the thumbnails, and the mod will be done...
    So well, it mostly doesn't depend on me when it will be done, I don't have an estimated release date, but definitely more than a month from now, possibly several months.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Progress from AdamPLGames, this is not final, I'll improve it myself later.
    New models for ST/FL and EL taillights, they are smaller and have reflectors now
    dfssdffsd.png
    New textures for headlights and clear turn signals, I'll definitely improve them later
    sdasdsd.png
    New glow texture for halogens
    asdasdasd.png
    And there's a slot for light skins now and with his changes I can easily make smoked and JDM style lights now. Maybe some custom light skins too if I get ideas for them and find good textures to use.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So there hasn't been much progress from me recently and probably it will be overall slower because my university is starting again... I thought I would share some sort of todo list for the near future:
    • Test the dummy, fix possible bugs, add passengers, add Stig option
    • Improve AdamPLG's lights
    • Fix bug with Abarth suspension that is getting stuck in compression apparently
    • Improve offroad suspension
    • Need to swap the Pigeon front suspension for the hillclimb variant because it's currently undrivable with a leaf spring
    • Fix a tiny config issue - I've been informed that for some reason there was a mistake in the EL advertisement folder, it says the base model didn't include hubcaps but in reality it did, and idk why they never fixed that mistake in the folder
    • I have also been informed that ST version used a different muffler than FL, currently in the mod they all use the FL one, I have to model ST one too. It has a different shape that makes more sense with steel bumpers.
    • I found out that there was some DLC for Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 that added a drag Maluch with a DeLorean engine, and I need to make it lol. Obviously I won't copy anything from DeLorean mod, I will reuse a V6 model from a vanilla car and find the DMC torque curve somewhere online. That version in CMS has the fuel tank in cargo area for better weight distribution, I can easily copy the Piccolina fuel tank for this.
    • Then the stuff I have metioned earlier, so offroad monster version, dirt racer, etc. I also forgot that I want to add a widebody version that utilizes the offroad suspension but slammed with very hard springs, so I only have to make the body kit which won't be too hard
    • I forgot that I have to also finish the unfinished Diesel engine Jbeam, add radiator for it, and also I NEED to add some tuning options for the F2 engine because the only options are stock and nitrous that blows up the engine instantly lol
    • Then MAYBE the BIS version but likely as a separate update, that would only have a few configs (base, with optional equipment, tuned, idk what else lol)
    And don't worry none of this is actually slowing down the progress because I'm doing this while waiting for fufsgfen and Vapordude to do their parts.

• Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice