1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Added rear bumpers (so far ST and FL/EL), lights on the FL/EL bumper are breakable
    adasdasd.png

• Like Like x 9
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The front bumper might be more for decoration than for safety lol, unless the front cargo area doesn't deform that much irl, I'll have to check
    ddasda.png

• Like Like x 7
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Not much progress today, spent a lot of time fixing the halogens. Fixed the bug where having the FL/EL or Panek bumper installed would break the halogen textures, fixed flares not working, and made them breakable. They are very wobbly though, I need to fix it but idk how yet, they have long attachment parts so they aren't very stable on the bumper, I'll need to make some sort of support for them.
    asddasasd.png

• Like Like x 7
  4. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Nice!

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Getting all these options to be compatible with each other wasn't easy...
    asdsd.png
    Every possible combination was tested and all works properly, unlike in the original mod.

• Like Like x 8
  6. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

i wonder how useful that bullbar is going to be...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

About as useful as the Piccolina one which it's based on.

Added hood and it opens on crash like in real life, I think it's a safety mechanism because without it the hood would go through the windshield and decapitate the driver.
    sdasdsd.png

• Like Like x 6
  8. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that the hood would go all the way into the driving compartment it’s way to wide for that, however it is still a possibility that the engineers just wanted to be safe, or it could be caused just by a poorly engineered hood lock.

Also, for comparison with Maluch here is a 1972 Trabant 601 crash test at 50 km/h into a wall:

Attached Files:

• h03-illu-08.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It may be too wide, but I tested a half overlap too before adding this mechanism, and then everything bent and part of the hood did go through, at least that's a thing in game, idk what would happen in real life.

10. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, your probably right, just an idea that came into my head... after all I haven’t done any crash tests to test that and Fiat did.:p

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I haven't really compared my Jbeam to any crash tests yet, will do after I add doors and glass, so far I'm just eyeballing it, setting the values to what seems about realistic for each part. Most are similar to Piccolina but the more modern ones like plastic bumpers are based on the Covet instead.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Windshield that can fall off the car when you crash, there's also a glued version used by the el sx, elx sx and Town versions irl that is harder to break off
    asasdasd.png
    (It's kinda hard to actually see the glass so I made the lighting darker to make it more visible)
    --- Post updated ---
    Quick change: Windshield trim falls off with the glass now because I saw that this happens in real life
    asdsas.png

• Like Like x 5
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Openable rear windows... Kind of. I couldn't get them to be tiltable normally like in the real car, so for now they just can open fully once the latch on them breaks, seems good enough to me.
    asdasd.png

• Like Like x 5
  14. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Those openable rear windows are together with the front quarter lights the best way to break into the Maluch, something very useful if you’re the type of person that tends to lock his keys inside. :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Riiight, that's why ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Imagine explaining that: "well officer... you see... the reason my neighbors called the police on me for breaking into this car is that it's actually mine and um... I locked my keys inside" :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok so I checked the weight of the car and it turns out it's already 250kg too much than it should be, and that's before I even added the interior.
    Also, the most stripped drivable version I can make is 596kg, and 600 should be the whole car. So the chassis in reality must be closer to 250 than 300, but even that won't bring it down enough. Also I know my engine weight is accurate so I should reduce the weight of the fuel tank and suspension too. It's gonna take a long time to adjust all of this... If anyone has any info about the weights of individual parts, it would make it much easier for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

I'll look into it, what’s the engines weight now may I ask?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I found some info that the 600cc one weights 45kg and the 650cc 65kg, but not sure if it's counted with the transmission or without it. I'll need confirmation.
    I got the chassis down to 260kg now (started from 290), and stripped config from 596 to 524, so far not too bad I think. But I'll need to fit all the parts including interior in the range of 72kg now which I'm not sure if it's realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Around 50 kg for the engine sounds about good, the interior Is fairly simple so with the early 126s it is very much possible that it weights only 72 kg.
    --- Post updated ---
    The engine transmission combo probably weights around 70 kg.

20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Oh, that means my transmission is way too heavy. And also I mean 72kg for the interior, glass, doors, hood, decklid, bumpers... Yeah that's not happening.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice