1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Thanks to this amazing tool by Car Killer: https://www.beamng.com/threads/modding-tools-v1-1-1-for-beamng-0-23.71167/ I converted all materials to Json in a few seconds, tested them all and everything works!
    Most of the parts on this image used to have cs materials and now they all have JSON:
    sdwwwas.png
    So now I can focus on finishing the configs. That was fast!

YOU WILL HAVE TO CLEAR CACHE AFTER THIS UPDATE BECAUSE THE GAME NEEDS TO LOAD ALL THE MATERIALS AGAIN.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I haven't tested the bugs that were supposedly fixed by the game update yet, beta testers will test them

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Updated 25 configs with new parts + additionally all configs after 1977 have the proper 140 km/h speedo now. I need to redo automated testing for some configs and double check if they load properly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Preparing first beta testing of update 1.6, if no bugs are found (which I doubt could happen) then it will be released very soon, overall release relatively soon regardless I hope

• Like Like x 4
  5. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

6. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

7. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

I need to take up reading again lol

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Literally the second sentence: "The car has changed alot from standard"
    There was a real Brown edition but it looks nothing like this, it's just a loosely inspired modification. Real one coming in version 2.0.
    This is obviously not functional lmao, just a shell sitting on a frame of some trailer, the suspension is not even connected to the wheels and you can see that the engine has been removed (or at least the exhaust), not to metion lack of seats and steering wheel, looks funny but isn't drivable at all. For version 2.0 we have planned a proper off-road version with a frame, suspension and engine swap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

i didn't read it, he just asked if the brown edition was factory and i said yes
    i've just googled the actual brown edition and it's literally a brown fiat now that i've seen that makes it funnier

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The brown edition has many unique parts for increased comfort and crash safety, you can think of it as kind of a luxury version, for example it has thick side trim, some special insulation to make the engine more quiet, unique seats and overall unique materials in the interior, and of course the special paintjob. The reason why it hasn't been included yet (along with the other special editions) is just the amount of custom parts needed to model and texture for it.

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's been a while, some testers have already done some testing, others not yet. There is a bit of stuff to fix that has been reported so far. Modern rally config needs retuned suspension because it handles bad, some adjustments are needed to Giannini configs, prototype config needs new narrower wheels and tires (12x3.5 from Fiat 500R), there are a few shading errors and some headlight accessories need better models. That is all that has been found so far but there will probably be more stuff like this. I will begin fixing everything once all testers do their job and report what they found.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So I'm finally back! I have been working through the todo list, updated configs etc. Coyplatipus aka @loba04 made a lot of research for the Giannini configs and I retuned the engines and carburetors they use a lot to make them accurarte to real life. The 800cc engine now makes lower power at low RPMs but higher power at high RPMs, as well as more torque everywhere overall. It's not that much different from the 700cc now. Added a new carburetor too which was used in the Giannini GPA800 aka GPA Sport, the most powerful Giannini 126 which makes 37hp. I previously thought it used the same modified carburetor as the other Giannini but apparently no, it's a custom one with a bit less power for some reason. In the old version of the mod it made over 40hp which was overkill and didn't handle good with these narrow tires. Now there are so many carburetors in the mod that I had to order them somehow, so I did it by size. Bigger size obviously means more peak added power but also more torque removed from the engine at low RPMs, basically same thing as stock vs sport vs race intakes on normal vanilla cars, the more up to date ones with correctly simulated carburetors at least.
    saasfsa.png
    Next thing I need to do is add 12x3.5 wheels and tires as apparently the car had those from 1972 to 1973 instead of the 12x4 ones, that was before it was produced in Poland.
    --- Post updated ---
    Added some 12x3.5 wheels, standard steel ones and Fiat 500R ones, as well as various matching tires, also 12x3.5 spare wheels too
    saasfsa.png

• Like Like x 5
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Fixed some of the most glaring model issues such as holes in mesh, messed up shading, inverted normals, a few badly modelled details and stuff. The rest is not worth fixing when we are getting a new model anyway. I would be done with the fixes now but I want to add some of the suggestions people wanted, in particular the electric version and a Złombol config.

This electric version seems like a more proper job than the one people suggested, the motor is in the axle while the battery is where the engine would be, which preserves the weight distribution nicely, I'll go with it
    https://auto.dziennik.pl/aktualnosc...iat-126p-samochod-elektryczny-cena-wideo.html
    --- Post updated ---
    Working on the electric swap...
    fwfss.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Electric version done, it has lower power and top speed than normal because the motor only revs to 2040RPM (it's from a forklift hydraulic pump lol), but it has way more torque, can easily win in a pushing competition against a stock Maluch. All of the specs are as accurate to real life as I could get.
    fwfss.png
    And also added an SBR4 performance motor swap just for fun, it can reach 285 km/h with it and wheelspins even with drag tires on lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I have hopefully fixed a bug that some people are having with parts of the car having white color instead of body paint. It was a small typo in materials that reaches all the way back to Wojak's version of the mod lol.

Fixed bugs with all the dirty and Italian police skins being way too shiny. Before and after:
    dankpods_restored.jpg sdfsf.png
    650_personal4_sunroof_carabinieri.jpg fasf.png

Added Złombol config
    fsdg.png

Next up I only have to make the offroad suspension lighter (it's way too heavy which causes issues) and there will be next beta testing, hopefully last before 1.6.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Redone most of the offroad suspensions and subframes, based on the Bolide ones. I made them 560kg lighter, that's as much as the weight of the whole car when it has the two-stroke engine lol. All off-road configs are now sub 1 ton in weight instead of a ton and a half. Of course such drastic changes need a lot of tuning and testing, which Xupaun will do for me after I send him the mod tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

After over a week of work at this point, the off-road suspension has been tested and tuned for actually usable off-road performance thanks to @Xupaun ! Also fixed a bug that appeared in 0.25 which was causing the steerng to break on spawn with certain parts combinations.
    sdfa.png
    I now have to perform the automatic testing for the new and updated configs, then add thumbnails, and then the next (hopefully last) beta testing will be done.
    --- Post updated ---
    So apparently the thumbnail generator works for me in 0.25 so I'm doing the thumbnails myself now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Old vs new thumbnails, for some reason the new ones have less saturated colors which is closer to how they actually look in game
    asfsdaf.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Beta testing of newest version has started, I hope this is the final one for 1.6.

18. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

unfortunately murphys law exists

19. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

You are a great example of it
    Go put your hate elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

eh ignore him. He is an arse

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice