WIP Beta released Maluch 2018-04-06

Legendary polish car

1. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Here you can see the result of the problem I ment in real life:

Thank you for your time and great video explaining the problem.
    Just to be sure, did you try the version I submitted today?: https://www.beamng.com/resources/maluch-126p.1964/download?version=5363
    There was an improvement in rear suspension.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have seen this one, thanks for suggestion
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you for bug report, I will have a closer look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I did download today and just now I cleared it from cache, then tested again with same result. Suspension.Jbeam has date of 4.4.2017 21:39

I'm not sure what causes that problem, but it seems to happen mods that are made before 0.8 game version, there might be something different with older version and newer version in regards or driven wheel suspension setup? I'm quite lost with suspension stuff.

Update: It was @wrinkle345 whom Lancer Evolution mod has this same issue, I don't know if he did manage to solve it?

3. PainyTOXA

PainyTOXA
    Expand Collapse

Very small and cute car, I like it :) It's nice to see a lot of updates to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for bug report, I will have a closer look at it.

Thank you for yur time investigating this issue, I will continue working on it, hopfuly next update will bring some improvements.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nice to hear thet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

New unofficial update, for those who would like to try a new configuration of Maluch's suspension.
    See attached file.
    --- Post updated ---
    Please have a look at this update: https://www.beamng.com/attachments/vehicles-zip.254211/
    I think the suspension works much better now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Please have a look at this update: https://www.beamng.com/attachments/vehicles-zip.254211/
    I think the it works much better now.
    Please try this one: https://www.beamng.com/attachments/vehicles-zip.254211/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think there still is same issue, but perhaps tiny bit more movement now, however it still is like leaning against bump stop making rear suspension spring effect really strong. I think that there should be more than 5cm of movement in this test:

What issue comes from that is then that car has lot of over steering, for example 2nd gear 30km/h it is possible to spin out the car. With suspension travel working it would more likely spin inside rear tire mostly or maybe even tip over if driven like in video you earlier did show.

--- Post updated ---
    I don't know much about suspension, but I would think that beams circled in blue should be removed and node circled in green might be better at location where is green circle with '?' but it might be this suspension stuff does not work quite like what you see is what you get so I don't know, hopefully some suspension guru can advice a bit better.
    upload_2017-4-7_0-30-29.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't know if this would work, but this is something I would try, yellow dots are connection to body/transmission, blue thing is that diamond shaped that is hub, red are beams keeping that diamond thing at place.
    upload_2017-4-7_0-44-50.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

I think the it works much better now.

Over steering it is normal for this car, it weighs only 550kg and the mas is concentrated back where engine is and the car is small in size. All that makes it very unstable, see how over steering it in real life is, not much different from your video:

If you try the suspension in a more bumpy road the difference (comparing to the previous update) is much bigger. I guess I will be continie working on it but I am afraid there is not much more that can be done, because of the nature of this car.

Thank you tor your time testing it, the results are useful.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is version I tested, there is small amount of rebound suspension movement, but no compression movement. It is improved though, but I'm not sure if handling characteristic are made by correct things, it might work on some situations, but on other it might fail. What I noticed is that car's body is flexing and I think quite bit of rear suspension movement comes from that.

Because there is not much of any compression movement in rear suspension, car is not leaning when turning and instead of turning over it slides, of course tires have also part in this.

What I think is that you should try to get same amount of suspension travel as real car.

9. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Can you clear your cache? Another user had a lot of trouble with the car (missing parts etc.) until he cleared his game cache, maybe that is the reason it is still not good enoghh on your comuter? I would say that the suspension works much better on my PC when I compre it witth your videos.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have done that, but there seems not to be much change.

11. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

OK, Meanwhile I will look more into it.
    Thank you for your help and involvement.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think Fiat 600 had something like 50mm compression (wheel moves up) and 100mm rebound (wheel moves down).

I could find only supplementary parts of my old car data, not sure if I have borrowed main book, but it might of had data for 126p.

Fiat 126p has same rear spring as Fiat 500 according to one spare parts catalog and for classic Fiat 500 I saw 190mm long spring, while 600 had something around 250mm and on another catalog I saw 220mm for Fiat 126, so it's quite confusing, however design is so similar that I would think 1/3 compression and 2/3 rebound would be what should work, it still would have difficult handling, especially when wheels camber change a lot with suspension travel, but it would feel bit less dead I think.

Difficult part is to get wheel to change camber like real thing of course, would be so much easier if beam/node joint could be locked so it would not be freely moving ball joint.

13. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

New features for the comming update:
    - rally bumper
    - new wheels for Face Lifting version
    maluch_rally.png

• Like Like x 5
  14. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Any plans to improve model for classic wheels? Right now it looks more like cap rather than solid rim.

20170408094205_1.jpg

Also bumper handles are wrong. Right now we can "detach" rear bumper using front bumper. There should be separated breakegroup for each attach.
    20170408094721_1.jpg 20170408094727_1.jpg 20170408094844_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Does it look better now?
    wheel_hub.png

The bumper bug is fixed, the fix will be included in the next release next week, thank you for reporting it I wasn't aware of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Much better. Only cuts should be placed "inside" the central rim, not on the edges.

17. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Goog point, I have changed that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mazur_rks

mazur_rks
    Expand Collapse

It's my model teak contact if you are intrested together work to put it in game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. wojak

wojak
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    Thank you for your offer and interest.

The engine looks impressive but it looks too detailed. the problem with that is that modeling for games require low poly for performance reason.
    The unibody is already done, but interior looks interesting.

So in general if you cold send me your project I can have a closer look and do some more consideration on that.
    If you would like to do some work on the existing project, in addition to that, let me know, there is a room for improvement I will give you credit for that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

Lots to be done but it's a fun thing to see what it fits in and stuff!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice