1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Map editor problem (blank terrain)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by rexregum93, May 30, 2018.

1. rexregum93

rexregum93
    Expand Collapse

I keep having a problem with saving my custom maps. In the map editor i go up to file and click save, it saves the map no problem. The issue is that it creates a separate folder in documents/beamng.drive/levels. It creates a new TER and JSON files in this new folder. Now when i clear the cache it moves these files to the backups folder. I simply want to put the new files into the .zip folder so that i can upload it as a resource. I tried moving the new files along with the heightmaps into the .zip folder but all it does is delete all of the terrain and my car falls through the map as soon as it loads. I've heard that you have to change the path but i don't know how to do that correctly.

Just as a warning i am not a computer person so please keep it simple.

2. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

um well, its kinda complicated:
    I had this same problem with one of my first experimental maps, and i lost all of the data files (which really sucked)
    You do have to move the yourterrainname.terrain.json and the yourterrainname.ter into the zip of the mod you are making. But you do infact have to change the file path in several locations:
    all you have to do is open up the yourterrainname.terrain.json file and modify the paths correctly according to the file path of your map. (I will be using my Caronoa Isle map as an example) Start at where the says "datafile" in the terrain.json file: levels/Caronoa_Isle_BG123/theTerrain.ter and replace the path w/ your mods file path. repeat when it says "heightmapImage" (Its ok if u dont have a height map image, just do what i said and it should work just fine.)
    MAKE SURE THE .TER AND .JSON HAVE THE SAME NAMES!!! (and DONT delete when it says .terrain in the .JSON's file name)
    I think their might be a step after those that i am forgetting, I will let somebody else fill in past what i have said, unless i can remember soon.
    Hope that helps!

3. rexregum93

rexregum93
    Expand Collapse

Okay so what exactly do i change the path too? documents/beamng.drive/mods/yourmap.zip/yourterrain.ter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice