WIP Beta released Mapper's resource: Functional Train tracks

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by bob.blunderton, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Im done I hate the level editor!
    I follow down to the exact word what you say and nope, The level editor gives me the middle finger.
    I know it's not my fault I am going to do what I can but at this point i've almost given up.

This is what I get to look at every time I try to fix this piece of crap.

Attached Files:

• 20160625152035_1.jpg
    #21 Average Person, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  2. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Same thing with me

3. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if this file was pulled from documents or x86 files

4. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

My tracks glitch out and crash my game. I'm gonna wait till CLs train come out. He will have oil cars, box cars, and passenger cars complete with tracks.

5. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Atleast it's not just me having issues with the tracks.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Upload your map(s) you're having issues with, I will have a look at it. THIS GOES TO EVERYONE.
    When you've uploaded it (you can use this site, or you can use mega.nz or dropbox - if you have a good connection, otherwise use mega), private message me the link and I will have to take a look at it. Your work will not be shared with anyone.
    This level editor is very frustrating to work with sometimes. It makes it worse that the documentation is few and far between. Though, admittedly, having almost 22 years of game-modding under my belt helps, but still, if you're underage this can be much too daunting.
    Upload your work and private message me a link, and I will find out what's causing an issue, and either give you instructions how to fix it, send you a patch back, or re-upload the map and provide you with an update.
    EDIT: Remember that big message about 'you're about to purchase into PRE-RELEASE EARLY ACCESS software' or something similar to that, yeah, well guess what... Welcome to the fun of it.

7. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Age does not mean anything. I'm well, let's say under 15 and I have created a PRIVATE map with airports.
    --- Post updated ---
    On the bright side, someone is making 3D tracks with switches, diamonds, super elevated curves, and operating modern level crossings. So that should be exciting. He said the tracks are easy to place, the placing method will be similar to Train Simulator 2016, yes, that's right, I play TS2016, don't judge me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Ok now we bring age into the picture, im 14 i'll be honest but i've learned alot and im not illiterate to the level editor so don't look down on me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Rut-Roh...
    Nope, not looking down a bit, just remembering what I understood at my younger ages* - even going only back to my 20s I understood little compared to what my brain could comprehend say 5, 10, or more years later. "If you're underage this can be daunting"... This is exactly meaning: When I was underage, this stuff would have absolutely, positively, boggled my mind in a pretzel-like fashion, and I would have thrown the computer if it was not 85lbs. Even the DOOM editor for ms-dos (dck-2.2f) was boggling at times. I mean - admit it - this editor is complex, it is finicky, it is PRE-RELEASE so multiply the previous two things - AND there's no documentation for many things. There aren't always examples to go from - this is a large part of where I'm learning.

So either, you upload your map somewhere and don't sit there feeling angry, down, or anything else... and let me assist you in doing something here, and seeing if it's something I did or you did, and if it's something you did, I'll fix it or tell you how to fix it. It's not a big deal, it's just your option.
    Or... you could feel insulted (sorry, that's not what I was intending, really, I was just being realistic)... and be angry with me. Not something I desire.
    No seriously bud, I am VERY blunt, both in real-life, and the computer. I would say it no different in person. This is how I am - it's how I was raised. Unfortunately, I - and admittedly many others - don't translate very well (emotionally) on the computer text sections.

All in all, upload your map, I will look at it, let you know what happened, and show you how to fix it, or if it's something I did, I can address it for you and others.
    I can help you, if you're willing to be helped. If not, that's fine, I don't hate you, nor am I hating on you (and nor will I). I need your map to look at the issue, though. Alternatively, if you don't feel comfortable releasing it, you could wait a few days to a week, until I send mine out, and take a look at my map and see if you did something different or wrong. Just know I am not your enemy, I just am rather blunt and honest. That's why I put that there, there are things I have to learn to about this level editor... so yeah, stuff isn't going to work now and then, and we have to figure out why. I can't rule out a bug. This is pre-release.

*Technically, I tested in the 98th percentile, from tests I had as a youth and teen. I'm pretty good @ understanding stuff on the computer from it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Age doesn't mean anything other than what the brain is capable of understand and what one has learned by the time. I did not mean to offend, as mentioned before. Going from my own life experiences as an adult in my mid 30s. I hope someone is making tracks that are compatible, as it will help everyone, and I hope they are easier to use than these. I had no issue but apparently you and Minecraftfan did. If I can get a look at your maps, I can help figure out what the problem is. They DO work, just something may not have been right. There's a few steps and if you get one wrong once the change may STICK and the problem won't seem fixed even when you DO fix it, unless you fix the cache, too. So it's hard to tell. Took me a half hour to figure it out, or maybe 20 mins, I don't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Why not make them all ready instead of having to do this file editing crap

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

This is part of editing for Beamng.drive. Every map name is different. I have to do file editing @#$% every time I add textures, resources, forest items, etc. It's so simple to change some text in a file and load up the map.

12. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Theres no way to have it preset bud sorry about that.

13. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone gonna make switches or diamonds???

14. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that's possible if it is it would take alot of scripting.

15. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

What about diamonds?

16. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

still would be alot of work.

17. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Ya I guess. But it would be nice.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Your only hope would be to find someone who can do modeling and such. I can't really do modeling, however, if I needed one or two, chances are I could have created a diamond intersection model for trains out of mesh roads as rails (albeit very small ones!) that would work with the train.

19. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

the real problem here is that beam really isnt made for trains

20. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

I think I'm gonna take a break becuase I think I've caused too much stress and irritation. (People have told me)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice