Unsolved Max supported terrain layers?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by bob.blunderton, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Is there a limit on how many different surfaces a terrain block, or the subdivided tiles that make it up, may have per object or per tile ? Meaning, Dirt, Asphalt, Mud, Forest_Floor, Stone, Rockydirt, etc.
    Not tiled terrain in a true sense, but the blocks that make up a larger terrain (on a 10 mile x 10 mile terrain, each chunk of it would be a city block or two in size, very roughly speaking).
    I know in Bethesda's game engines for Fallout series and others, there is a max of 4 different surface types per 'quad' (or a quarter of one full cell of terrain, each cell has it's own terrain of four quarters of terrain).

I just want to know a limit if there is one, so I can plan around it, as I need to integrate rubble into the terrain vs doing poly objects with it for the same effect (the latter being much more 'expensive' to render).

My rubble-deprived abandoned mall awaits your answer. Thanks in advance!

Also, where can I add different surface types in so that my rubble doesn't get asphalt traction?

--The Bob.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice