PAID WIP McDonnell Douglas DC-3

Discussion in 'Air' started by Lyller, Sep 10, 2026.

  1. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Hello! I have started to make a custom model of the Douglas DC-3 skytrooper and I have made enough progress to show this and say for sure that this WILL be released as a paid mod. I'm a very new developer so don't expect me to make updates every week. This plane will have a custom jbeam and crash physics as close as I can get to realistic. It will have working cockpit instruments, flaps, landing lights, nav lights, beacon lights, landing gear etc. I can't say that when this will be released but it will be preseumably released in a year. We'll see.

    You can leave some questions under If you have any. I try to answer to every of them with respect.
    --- Post updated ---
    The Price Will Be around 3 to 5€ in The release

    Green: Finished

    Orange: In progress
    Red: Not started


    Lua:

    Landing gear Lua
    Controls Lua
    Lights Lua
    Engine Lua
    Instruments
    (gauges) Lua


    Model:

    Exterior
    Interior (about 90% done)
    Textures (about 80% done)

    Jbeam:

    Main fuselage
    Tail
    Wings
    Landing gear
    Cockpit
    Interior
    Control surfaces
    Engines



    Credits: Me(@Lyller) Lua, Model modifications and Jbeam.
    Original model from Sketchfab made by taeemtasbi. All credits go for him for model and texture. I have a permission to use his model in this mod.
     

    Attached Files:

    • Nyttkuva2026-09-10203834.png
    • Nyttkuva2026-09-10203844.png
    #1 Lyller, Sep 10, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2026
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Cool! Is this your first mod?
     
  3. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Also I forgot to say that The Price Will Be around 3 to 5€ in The start
    Yes this is My first plane mod. I started this project like a few weeks ago and we are at a point where all The textures work.
     
  4. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Do you know how jbeams work and allat?
     
  5. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Yes I'm actually now currently working with The jbeams. The only thing that is going to take me at bit of time is The Lua code cause I still don't know how to do a few things with it.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's interesting that no one else than you actually left a comment to this thread. I mean there's 161 views
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Nice Man! Can't wait! But take your time
    --- Post updated ---
    Also will there be a free demo?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    .
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm thinking about making a demo at some point but it will not be The latest point or version of The plane. I'm of course making The Absolute necessary updates for The demo version just to keep it working If I make one.
     
  8. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Okay cool
     
  9. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    So I'm starting to put the textures to the plane now. Here are a few photos of the plane spawned. And yes don't mind about the orange texture I will put the materials soon
     

    Attached Files:

    • Nyttkuva2026-09-11175326.png
    • Nyttkuva2026-09-11175414.png
    • Like Like x 3
  10. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Nice
     
  11. Blubhouse1212123

    Blubhouse1212123
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2025
    Messages:
    119
    MAD DUUUUUUDE SICK!
     
  12. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Thanks!
     
  13. Izukuro

    Izukuro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2025
    Messages:
    316
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK GOT DAMN i'll be waiting for this
    HERO OF THE BERLIN BLOCKADE IN BEAMNG BEFORE GTA6
     
  14. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    I'm now up
    Thank you I appreciate much
     
  15. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Which liverys are planned?
     
  16. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Well I really haven't thought of liveries but for now I'd say American Airlines and Finnish Airlines. I'm of course gonna add like 4 to 5 liveries at the end
     
  17. SupraTech

    SupraTech
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2025
    Messages:
    1,131
    Cool!! Would you add Iberia too?
     
  18. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Maybe I can. I still have to finish the textures and Jbeam (which I can probably finish in next month) and then I can start making liveries.
     
  19. Gearshifter14

    Gearshifter14
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2022
    Messages:
    84
    Excellent! I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking

    1. Will the plane mod have any working instruments

    2. will the crash textures and physics be the same as the B-25 mod

    3. Will the mod have various liveries

    Final: when can we expect the mod to be released
     
  20. Lyller

    Lyller
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2024
    Messages:
    141
    Well for the first question yes it will have working instruments that i have to figure out to do from scratch. For the second question I try to get as close as I can with the realism of the B-25 Mitchell crash physics. For the third question I try to make at least 4 to 5 liveries for the plane. I now know that the two liveries will be American Airlines and Finnish Airlines. I'm gonna think that what those other three remaining liveries will be. But don't worry I will make them for sure. And for the final question I'm not qonna say this for sure cause there's so much tests and things that I have to do with this plane so I can't say an actual date that when this will be released but my estimates are that this might release in a year. Sooner or later. Thank you also asking these questions it really makes me really happy :)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice