On Hold Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé

Discussion in 'Land' started by iRec42, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Unslinga

Unslinga
    Expand Collapse

I also have a scale model of this, and I tell you, even tho it's not a trophy truck or crawler, this is the car I'm looking most forward to.

2. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! But I hope I can finish this, because I will definitely need help with the JBeam.

3. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

The gear shifter is done. It took the whole day to build this.

mercedes 10.1.png mercedes 10.2.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! Unfortunatly the normal sl is a completly different car than the slr. But the third link shows some pictures which are very useful for the underbody, the intreior and the engine! Altough I searched for houres, I couldn't find images from these angles. But thanks your pictures I will be able to add much more details!

If someone else also finds good pictures of the engine or the chasis or other parts of the car, which are difficult to see, please send them to me.

#45 iRec42, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  5. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

It's about a week since I continued working on this and basicly the whole outside and the interior is done. I'm pretty satisfied with the way this turned out since I started with barely any knowledge of 3d modeling. I hope you like it too.

mercedes 11.1.png mercedes 11.2.png mercedes 11.3.png mercedes 11.4.png

6. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

I like it! Good work!
    Now you begin to port it to BeamNG? Good luck!

7. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

No, not yet. I still need to meodel the engine and suspension. That should maybe take about 4-5 day I think.

8. boshimi336

boshimi336
    Expand Collapse

iRec42 this is astonishingly a beautiful 3d replica of this car!!! I am blown away by what you've done here so far! Keep up the awesome work! :D

9. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

I have a cold since a couple days, which is the reason I couldn't spend much time for modeling. However, today I was able to start with the engine. There is still much missing but the basic form is done.

mercedes 12.1.png mercedes 12.2.png

#52 iRec42, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. SkilledF1Racer

SkilledF1Racer
    Expand Collapse

I just found this thread and all I can say is wow o_o. What a beautiful car and fantastic work. Cant wait for this cars release :)

11. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

The engine is done. I like the way it looks but I used quiet a few polygons :). I hope you like it too!

mercedes 13.1.png mercedes 13.2.png mercedes 13.3.png mercedes 13.4.png

12. miiiki123

miiiki123
    Expand Collapse

13. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

is this still going?

14. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Dont bump old threads. Private message the OP. And seeing as there has been no shown activity on the vehicle for over 2 months, i would say no

15. iRec42

iRec42
    Expand Collapse

I really want to finish this, but I don't habe enough time to teach myself Jbeam. I tried it, but I gave up after a few weeks. Maybe if there is a useful tutorial one day I can bring the car in the game. Or if someone else, who knows how to code the Jbeam, wants to finish the car. The model is basicly done except for the suspension and some details.

#58 iRec42, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

There's a visual JBeam editor someone made, I haven't tried it but it could help a lot.
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/6223

17. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

a bump on this thread was much needed, obviously he is still interested in finishing the car, however STILL the lack of any real tutorial or step-by-step instructions on here or anywhere is hurting these people that have mostly complete meshes but have ZERO progress on Jbeam. Shits hard to understand. We really need a tutorial (at least to jbeam and separate into separate flexbodies, like 1 single piece, thats all we need to learn. one complete piece step by step. obviously most other things can be done with the same technique, except hinges and latches, and ultimately slidenodes, those can be covered separately)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice