Mini Games

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by luke198, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Ya that's what I figured. It would be so much easier if the U.S. didn't have to be all defiant and go against what everyone else calls it.

2. skatermichi

skatermichi
    Expand Collapse

3. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Or everyone could follow the US. :p But imagine American football field goal with cars, you need to hit the covet with the h15 at the right speed and angle to give it enough momentum to go through the posts.

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

You gotta remember that this game is based on physics... It would be impossible to launch a Covet with an H15 because vans are slow and Covets are probably like, around 900kg or maybe less, and even if it did work it would get laggy quickly, most likely. It's gonna be (nearly) impossible to aim properly either way, even with just a regular oversized football...

They had to take a couple of shots on Top Gear Rugby, and that didn't even work.

The only way this will actually work in-game is if you have about 2 or 3 cars per team and a very simple n/b structure as a ball that's pretty light and won't deform, and either do rugby without the "shooting the ball through the posts" or just regular football... Unless there would be an insanely powerful server computer to handle the physics, that way we could have 11 cars on each team, I guess.

Also, people refuse to follow the US because the name American Football is silly. You barely even play rugby with your foot since you usually grab the ball and run for the line, so there's no point calling it football. Football, however, is something you play with your feet, you move the ball with your feet, not 90% of the time with your hands and 10% of the time shooting a ball through some posts with your feet...

#104 Mythbuster, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  5. CarFanatic

CarFanatic
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, car rugby is too complicated... Although, it will be interesting to see how car football turns out. I have a bad feeling it's going to be a complete lag fest. And I can imagine collision is going to be a problem. Remember in ROR when you crashed into a trailer, and your car gets stuck to it? Also, I like the MCM reference in your signature Mythbuster :D:eek:

6. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

7. BeamNGist

BeamNGist
    Expand Collapse

It is a big television-show-event-thing here in germany. People living here who are barery interested in that kind of stuff know it ;)
    It is great fun to watch and it shows that we could even have fun is internet/server capacity would only allow 2 cars to collide properly at a time.

8. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

Alright so if I could just get your mailing address, you should be getting a package that looks like it would comfortably fit an averaged sized male.

XD

9. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

Haha, I'd like a basketball gamemode much more if the car was the actual ball. You'd have a ring or a hole somewhere behind a ramp, and you'd have to maneuver your car well enough to go through it.

10. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

while bouncing?

11. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

That'd be ridiculous. I suppose I shouldn't have said basketball. A "Get through the ring" sort of game, focused on jumps rather than checkpoints along a circuit.

12. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

What if you had a huge motor in the tiny hatchback and you went down a ski ramp as fast as you can and try to make it through a hoop.

#112 .Alpha, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  13. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Just put a jet engine on it :D

14. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

How about a small dirt track in a forest with lots of trees on the sides, just like normal racing but with jumps tight corners and trees and rocks? :)

- - - Updated - - -

How about a small dirt track in a forest with lots of trees on the sides, just like normal racing but with jumps tight corners and trees and rocks? :)

15. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

You mean like a rally?

16. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

ROFL.

I think that's a rally, noshit

17. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Haha no, i didn't mean like that, more like 5 small hatchbacks and one big car ( like the D15 or the moonhawk or vanster) chasing down the small cars and try to crush or crash them all so they dont finish the race, something like '' Take them all or something '' :)

18. Adam_Bausse

Adam_Bausse
    Expand Collapse

Accident situations

You are just going on the road and something happens suddenly, and you have to avoid the crash. Less than a minute long route but i think its a good challange and it would be fun to watch the replay and try again and again till you can avoid the crash. You can only get a little amount of damage if you want to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXpoNAqjr4k

The gameplay would be as long as these short videos. Let me know what you think ! :D

19. CarFanatic

CarFanatic
    Expand Collapse

I like that idea :D Although instead of a small forest road, how about it's just a forest. Then you have to try and maneuver around the trees and find the best route to the finish.

20. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Re: Accident situations

Why don't just make it as in the video. A little town with some streets and crossings and no traffic regulation, so people would eventually crash in very different ways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice