Mini-map Suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by jdbensch, Apr 6, 2018.

1. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

This is just a suggestion I was thinking about the other day. Unfortunately when I use the navmap in-game, my FPS can decrease by up to 10-15. No, my PC is not an issue in running the game. With that being said, I think it would be nice to have a feature in the game where when you press ESC and go to access the menus, there is a map tab so you can view your location along with the map layout. It would be nice to be able to pause the game and look at a map real quick while driving around.

Also, it would be nice if the in-game navmap didn't hit the FPS so hard. But even if it didn't, it would still be nice to be able to have a full view of the map you're on.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This depends on your PC hardware, the map you use (ie. crazy-sized mod level vs normal sized level), how many apps you have on screen, if you turned off the UI resolution limiter and so on.
    Mind providing your PC specs?

3. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

Of course, no problem, sorry I didn't put it in originally. I'm running an i5-8600k, GTX 970, and 16gb of RAM.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We have similar specs, except I run an i7 4790k.
    Resolution? Did you turn off the UI resolution limiter? How many apps you use in total? (more apps, more work)

5. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

My resolution is 1920x1080 at 60Hz. I don't know if the UI resolution limiter is off, I'm not sure which setting you're referring to. The total apps I'm using is 4: the tachometer, messages, keys, and radial menu. Sometimes I add the AI control and compass apps but they don't seem to affect FPS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice