WIP Miraimar (2020 Miramar)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Velstydez, Aug 20, 2019.

?

What would you rather have first?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2019.
  1. Electric Miramar with properly designed chassis from the ground up (floor batteries, new susp)

34 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Modified Miramar mody (stronger, better susp) with modern IC engines

57 vote(s)
    62.6%
  1. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

this is soo sexy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Botanimus

Botanimus
    Expand Collapse

D O O R

3. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

That looks amazing! Just one thing that kind of bothers me though, I feel like suicide doors in the front and regular ones in the back looks kinda weird. I think it would look better the other way (as in regular doors in front and suicide doors in the back.) Or all four suicide doors

4. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

I cant wait to crash test it

5. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Gotta have them "quirks n features";) srsly tho fuck doug all my homies love rcr

6. boimadashell

boimadashell
    Expand Collapse

is there gonna be a "president" config? like two japanese flags in the front or back, maybe more weight, etc?

7. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, it is too small for that. We need a bigger Ibishu sedan for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JUGMBH

JUGMBH
    Expand Collapse

will there be a EV version? is that the high end model in the render doe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DesignMaster

DesignMaster
    Expand Collapse

The decision about the doors and their "weirdness" was made by me (as the designer) and @Velstydez (as the modeler). We both wanted it that way because is another different and distinctive feature for our design. On the other hand, the fact of being the front doors the suicide ones, responds to the fact of being the more used doors of a car, so the driver and front passenger can enjoy the added entry/exit comfort and convenience of the suicide doors. The car is full of quirks and details and we invite you all to discover all the details and their meaning, because every detail is purposeful and meaningful, based on the rich automotive and aeronautical histories.

• Like Like x 4
  10. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

doug.
    Also, i dont really think the miraimar name is fitting?? its kinda like if the camaro had disappeared and then came back only to be called camoro or something

11. DesignMaster

DesignMaster
    Expand Collapse

As I said, we are valuing the idea of doing a long wheel base version "ultra luxury" model, (with normal front doors and rear suicide doors). If we finally do that lwb version, it will be based on the "Imperial" top of the line finish, and it will feature added comfort elements on the rear passenger space, full of luxurious trim and details. That said, it will not feature any flag, but it will have different details on the exterior and of course added weight, different suspension tuning and a more powerful engine.

• Like Like x 4
  12. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

It has the same body lines and same (kinda) front fascia of the miraimar lol

13. DesignMaster

DesignMaster
    Expand Collapse

In the past, we thought about the idea of an EV, but finally we decided to respect the result of the poll and made a car powered by gas. And yes, the model of the last render is the high end "Imperial" trim. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    The name is another purposeful detail, nothing randomly chosen. The original name of the car was "Miramar", and as we are looking at the future we decided to put a new name... and as the car is obviusly JDM, we chose to do a wordplay with the name. "Mirai (未来)" means future in japanese and we blend that with the original name, as a result: "Miraimar". Hope you all enjoy the obsessive level of detail I put into this design.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow! very interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys still have the ev motor and stuff? Cuz I vividly remember a video of an electric Mirimar I thought it was from this thread?

16. DesignMaster

DesignMaster
    Expand Collapse

Yes, nothing is discarded. The design of the electric version was put into a halt. But maybe in the future, we reset the developing of that version. Nevertheless, we currently want and pretend a flawless launch, so the initial range will be rich but not complete, adding things and versions on future releases.

• Like Like x 6
  17. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

the more I read this thread the more I realize how much work is being put into this.. keep it up both of you guys :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. depewm07

depewm07
    Expand Collapse

great job everyone!

19. Velstydez

Velstydez
    Expand Collapse

Last weeks have been somewhat busy so I haven't done much, but finally I could make some more progress.

A few things:
    • Door handles (now with backlighting) and gas cap have been redone
    • Windshield wipers have been tweaked and now the mechanism is included
    • Rear door cut has been improved
    • Overall panel fitment has been improved
    Here I present two combinations:

Here's a Miraimar Imperial featuring "Another wine, please?" paintjob and the new backlit door handle/buttons, with the 18' optional Crown rims:

renderblender_306.png

And this one below is a Miraimar Atarashi with the color-shifting "Accidental Mistery Purple" paint. Notice the Atarashi exclusive side-mirrors finish.

renderblender_307.png

And some news!
    @DesignMaster has come with two new trim with which we will surprise you soon!

• Like Like x 32
  20. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice