1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

[Mod Idea] Car Radio/Illusion of Radio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by supercharge71, Nov 12, 2018.

1. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Hello all!

So I was going to post this in community screens along with a screenshot but I didn't want to make anyone mad by posting a video in an obvious screenshot thread so here I am. Basically I came up with this idea and It may be able to be created via modding but I am not sure. My idea consists of a car radio that is muffled outside of the car as seen in my edited video below. So when you start the car it picks a random song to play from your playlist or a folder you determine and to avoid having to create the effect in game you can just use a program to add the effects and have the game play the .mp3 and make it sound like it is originating from the vehicle. To create the illusion of the radio being on in the car. But yeah just a cool idea I wanted to share.

Example Video

Let me know if you like the idea and if it would even be possible, If I remember correctly there was a music player hidden in the more features mod a while back. :/ Id love to see that expanded upon in the future. The possibilities are promising realism wise! Thank you all for your time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I like, there have been radios in the past but not like this

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThunderOnion

ThunderOnion
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea. I've noticed something with the new light runner update, even though it's the other way around basically. When you go to do one of the light runner races, a song starts playing with crisp audio on the outside, and when you go to the inside view the sound gets a little muffled as if it's played through cheap car stereo. I believe they are currently working on audio, may be the start of something like you mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice