1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Mod pack or singular mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zenta, Oct 23, 2020.

1. zenta

zenta
    Expand Collapse

Hi, is it better to have a huge mod pack or singular mods with their individual .rar files, or it makes no difference?
    I'm asking because the game detects a big .rar file filled with mods as just 1 mod, so maybe there could be some performance differences.

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

if you have more zip files, iirc it will be slower.

3. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer single mods because you can deactivate parts of it that you don't want

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Is the "big RAR file filled with mods" Agent's meshslap pack? It's 1 mod, not multiple, they got merged into 1 file for some reason. Imo having multiple mods is better, unless there is one mod for another mod that could be a part of it (like Maluch and Flying Maluch which still works btw), so you don't have to deactivate both every time.

5. zenta

zenta
    Expand Collapse

Yes we can use that pack as an example, if someone wanted they could merge different mods into a pack to decrease the number of .rar files and boost performance. I know it wouldn't be ideal for other reasons, but just from a performance standpoint im wondering if it would actually make a difference.
    thank you for the responses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice