1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Mod support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jun 14, 2015.

1. da_monsta2000

da_monsta2000
    Expand Collapse

Where to get mods
    i know there is a showcase on bmg site but i don't know the site adress
    :confused::confused::confused:

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

3. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

nvmnvmnv

4. upsetkiller

upsetkiller
    Expand Collapse

to be frank im not a fan of the forums being used as a mod place , it stops no piracy all of those mods are available on other sites as i had seen before buying the game when i was trying it out . It limits and confuses people due to how the forum structure works a place like the nexus etc are the right places for mods .

Second of all yes majority of the mods from the russian site are bad but going as far as saying shit > Russian , or that the game should crash when russian mods are used is unfair , i have seen a few quality mods from them as well and i think the community should drop the elitist dick attitude , it does not come across very good

5. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

You did not understand my code (Buttons) <Works> <Doesn't Work> <Uncertified MOD> This code comes from my background in html.

Also Nexusmodding is a forum too, they do not support BeamNG. Steam is a forum within its personal operating system.

#45 g0tsl33p14, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  6. Landie_Man

Landie_Man
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic Idea

7. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

"Russian MOD" sounds discriminatory. It should say "Unsupported MOD" instead.

8. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

I can and will change that no problem (uncertified). Yet... I think "unsupported MOD" is more confusing as people will wonder why unsupported. I hope your logic makes sense though since I know what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed, I hope Russians are happy and put "Made in Russia" when building from nothing.

9. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Well I think that unsupported mod could be applied to all the mods that aren't supported by the community.

By that I mean those mods who gets released on those russian sites or others than this forum, where they just post it once and never update them.

Even the old forgotten mods on the forum would fall into that category. If the mod creator doesn't bother in updating it to make it work on the latest release of the game, then it's not worth the download.

Hmm by reading that now I'm getting confused... this would work for the repository... anyway, just some ideas :D

10. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

I agree with what you want. Here is my example from your input. "If the mod creator doesn't bother in updating" <Doesn't Work> (with current build)

I can't put unsupported because the game does support bad mods. The bad mods still function, thus they are supported in my opinion. That is why I think voting is needed.
    My design idea is still { [Buttons] <Works> <Doesn't Work> <Uncertified> ] (with build 0.4.0.x) }
    probably still confusing I suck at coding

11. Tyger1048

Tyger1048
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome, but sorry if this is a bit silly, but where do I put the .zip mod folders after I have downloaded them, and do I have to do anything with them except copy them over?

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Just put the Zip in Documents /BeamNG.Drive /mods without extracting.

13. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I agree that it should be called an unsupported mod. Russian mod sound harsh to the people that are on the forums that live in Russia, such as Ilya Higuti.

14. Tyger1048

Tyger1048
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I have done this and it came up in my mod manager. However when I go and load up a freeroam, the map I downloaded is not there, and when I get in-game the vehicles I downloaded do not appear in my vehicle selection list. Are they just not compatible or am I doing something wrong? They are all activated.

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Check the mod creation date, maybe those are too old?
    Maybe take a screenshot of your mod manager?

16. Tyger1048

Tyger1048
    Expand Collapse

There from all through 2014, here is my mod manager:
    2015-06-17_00001.jpg

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Eh, those mods are from those cheap sketchy sites. I have no idea how they made them or etc.
    Since it's 95% those mods problem, you have to ask them for help with their mods.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You realise 4 of those mods come from 3rd party "russian" sites notorious for poor quality mods, 99% of which dont function in current game builds.

The gallardo and zonda for example. Both are meshes stolen from forza and really crudely slapped on the bolide JBeam. Drive identically to a bolide and meshes gain random spikes all over the place in collisions from where they dont fit the actual physics skeleton. Entire site is best avoided.

19. Tyger1048

Tyger1048
    Expand Collapse

Ah ok, thanks very much.

20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

What is the deal with the mods .json? It appears to update with something when I place a newly created mod map in mods/levels but it never actually shows the map I put there?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice