1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Modding engine sounds?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cwazywazy, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to change the engine sounds to something better. I got a V8 sound off the RoR repo, converted it to .ogg, and renamed it to cheetah_engine then put it in the sound folder. But, when I play the game it doesn't give me an error or anything but there's still no engine noise at all. Help.

EDIT: I also seem to have somehow lost my backup of the original.

2. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

for now all of the sounds in game are simple placeholders. be patient, they will be overhauling all the sounds before long

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It's going to be months before that happens. There have been posts and videos of people who did it, but I can't seem to be able to.

4. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

I'm testing some different samples for the engine sound now. It works if I open cheetah_engine.ogg and the new sound in Audacity, copy and paste the sound data, export as ogg, replace the original file.

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

If you get a good V8 sound, maybe upload it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice