1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Mods not loading/registering

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by JowoHD, Jul 13, 2018.

1. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

so after the latest update my game has stopped loading mods, it's hard to explain but ill leave a link to a video explaining it, basically in the past whenever i started the game with new mods it would freeze for a few seconds and then update the mods and enable them, aka going from 450 to 455 if i had installed 5 new mods. but now after the latest update it has stopped reloading them, causing the game to launch without any of my mods. the weird thing is that in the mods folder in-game it shows my mods as there and activated but it hasn't updated since i last installed some. any ideas? i know the create thread thing says disable mods but this is an issue with all mods, not one or two

link to tweet with video explaining the issue --> https://twitter.com/AnOrangeHellcat/status/1017834705314557952

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

3. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

right, i renamed my mods folder to something and then created a new one with a few mods and it worked fine so i might try moving everything to there, ive cleared cache and everything etc

4. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

you can also try to delete `mods\db.json` in the folder you renamed
    It will reset the active/deactivated state of all mods and you start with the fresh base

#4 thomatoes50, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  5. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

right so ive been away the past few days but ive tried it all and nothing is working, i deleted the db.json folder etc and even left the game running for 20+ minutes to see what happens but nope, when i click "open mods folder" in the repository it opens the folder but nothing loads into the game
    --- Post updated ---
    also when ive tried gradually moving my mods over the folder says 158 mods but in game it says 93, wtf isnt loading?

Attached Files:

• upload_2018-7-20_20-36-32.png
    • upload_2018-7-20_20-36-54.png
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We found out that some mods in the past 6-7 days were not being packed correctly.
    If you downloaded one of those, they are breaking your repository and mod manager.
    So go through those most recent mods, and you need to actually remove / move them out (it is probably just one of them, but no way we can tell you which one)

7. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

what would i be looking for exactly? incorrect folders inside the zip?
    --- Post updated ---
    AHA ive found one, the doge calender

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice