Moon that moves at night

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by B3_Burner, Mar 16, 2022.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Any possibility you can make the moon move at night, like the sun moves in the day? It could rise at 6pm in the east, when the sun sets, and set in the west at 6am when the sun rises.

What's more, there could be an axis tilt variable and azimuth override variable, just like there is with the sun. It would be in the same TOD file as the sun.

Right now, the default constant is a moon with a fixed azimuth of due north (0°), and 45° altitude angle above the horizon. This isn't even realistic unless one is in the southern hemisphere, and most of the default maps I believe are meant to be northern hemisphere maps. I know I can manually reset the moon in the southern sky, but how nice it would be to see the moon move through the night on whatever axis tilt I choose.

This will allow night to be more dynamic, without just fixed moon shadows in one position all night long.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement this, but at least think about it if you could. I and probably others, would be most appreciative. Thank you for your consideration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice