1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

More control when drifting with keyboard?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Prawblems, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Prawblems

Prawblems
    Expand Collapse

As the title states, is there a way to make drifting easier on keyboards?

I constantly end up spinning out with the drift cars from too much power, and the only drifting I can do is donuts.
    There was a mod that made drifting with the old Pessima doable with the keyboard, but it's only for the old Pessima and I want to try drifting the other cars (Sunburst, 200BX etc.)

2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

upload_2017-8-17_20-5-30.png
    Have you tested out the different filters for the buttons in the bindings?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

In the controls menu, the "steer left" and "steer right" bindings have specific input options. Select the "Drift" input mode for easier drifting :)

4. Prawblems

Prawblems
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for those, but the car still regularly spins out when i step on the throttle.

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I think every binding has these kind of filter in the controls settings. Not sure if it would work but you could try changing filter on the gas pedal bindings as well.

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Best you can do is get better then, try countersteering earlier and using less throttle if possible (tapping the throttle button I guess)

7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

We do not provide drifting helps. Drifting in real life with a keyboard is pretty hard, so it can also be difficult in a simulator. You need to practice, maybe start with easier cars, and maybe try with modern cars that have stability control (toggled to sport or drift mode).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice