More Engine Features/Failures

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Spede3, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

This is a thread that consists of some ideas that may or may not be possible to implement into beam.

Note I'm not the most mechanical person so some stuff I say may be incorrect.

Feel free to add more ideas in the replys.

1: Chokes and/or Primers
    I think that older cars like the Burnside or Miramar could have a Primer setup that can be used to make engines start quicker in cold weather (If environmental temperature is added) and if left on could flood the motor making you have to wait for the engine to drain of fuel before driving again. The Pigeon could have a choke on the gas motor because it is pretty much a 500cc motorcycle engine.

2: Jumpable timing chains
    After abusing your vehicle it could cause your Timing chain to jump, causing the car to be more sluggish accelerating and begin to backfire if it jumps enough it could make the valves hit the piston and kill the car eventually.

3: Float valves:
    I'm pretty sure this is already in the game but if you rev your vehicle at a high rpm for an extended field of time it could cause your valves to float, which will make the motor perform worse.

4: Dead battery/Broken Alternator
    If you turn your engine on and off many times or drive with your headlights on a lot it could cause the battery to drain and eventually die. This will only happen though if you manage to damage your Alternator by abusing your car.

5: Cracked oil pan
    If you bottom out your car hard enough it will crack your oil pan which will cause the motor to run without oil and eventually seize.

6: Improper Backpressure
    When you tear out your exhaust system it could make your car perform worse and cause backfire.

7: Crack engine block when going through water when running hot.

8: Reduce engine heat by turning on heaters (If heaters are added)

#1 Spede3, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Sounds great, and they should be able to be done with the new engine code. I'd also like to see engine idle surging with blowers and tire wear with eventual explosion.

3. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Tire blowouts would be interesting to see in game.

A powerband for the gas pigeon motor would be cool too.

4. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Yes, we need some 2-stroke.

5. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe moving fans and batteries? lol

6. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Engine fans do spin in game.

7. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow. I meant to say fan belts.

8. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the ability for the steering wheel to pop off after collisions?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

It kinda does if you slam into a wall fast enough, but I get what you mean.

10. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Fairly big bump, sorry. But it is my thread and I don't want to make another one.

Flooded carburetor
    When you hold the throttle down while the vehicle is turned off it eventually causes the Carb to flood and may not start as easily.

Dirty airbox/intake
    When you go through mud, water or follow a car on a dusty road it will clog your breather and decrease power drastically.

Pump up gas to start
    When you turn off a car for a long time all the gas will flow out of the lines and carb so you will have to pump the gas while trying to turn the motor to get fuel into the carb again.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

This wouldn't cause backfires, and in many cases wouldn't affect or would improve the performance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice