Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by kaiser imnop, Apr 15, 2018.
Asia would be cool as 70% of car are asian
Hah, let's do Australia. No maps are set there as far as I'm aware.
same could be said for Asia and Africa
also i have a genius idea, make a map with just snow and snowy mountains and call it Antarctica
Or make alps
It would certainly be nice if we had a mountain setting with secluded mountain roads with a few houses here and there.
I'm completely confused now. I honestly don't know which is the correct term, although I'll still call it Oceania anyways.
From a old steam suggestion from 2016 from me.
A massive compilation of Map ideas
To start off let me say this. These are map recommendations and may or not be already in the 500 pages of todo list. Second if any of these ideas are taken and put down on the side by the beamng.drive dev team optimization and bug fixes should come first to anything I suggested. Note: This is a LOT OF READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maps . These are usually the most time consuming to make and I do have a lot of them so I doubt that all could possibly be made or even wanted but here they are. I have made names for a few of the maps and some are based on the current ones in the game or modded maps I have seen on the beamng.drive's website. I will be excluding different seasons for the maps and assuming all will take place during summer or spring but every map ever made should have all 4 seasons if applicable.
1. The Rockies (Canada or USA or Canada/ U.S.A) . This is very simple map. It roads that are carved into the Rocky Mountains in North America. Some fallow streams or rivers with bridges Some should carve right through the Mountains and some should be switch backs.
2. Midwest USA or the Canadian Plains . This map should be long mostly flat stretches of road that fallow farm fields and at the center of the map should either be a small town or a small city or anything in-between. There could be a few intersections that are perfect for jumps since some farm roads are lower than the main streets.
3. North West Canada or Alaska. Far up north in the cold climate's of North America roads are either flat or have massive gradient changes. Its barren of most trees and mostly shrubbery. Many roads are full of potholes leaning to one side or simply brand new there is no in between. There are only small pockets of towns and very few houses are outside of the towns with only 1 small but dangerous river during the spring.
4. Death Road or Yungas Road (these is a place holder name since I do not have a good name to avoid possible copyright) . As the brand new highway was built to replace the Yungas Road people thought the Yungas Road would die but it never did. Small villages still pockets this very dangerous road and as such the Yungas Road is still as heavily traveled as it was. There are very few differences I can make to the the real Yungas Road since the road is more scary than leap of death's road.
5. Salt flats . Salt flats can either be the ones found in South america or the United states. The United states salt flats are the most famous because lots of shows and land speed records were done there. But its not the largest and has no real traffic.The Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia, South America is the worlds largest salt flat. It has actual traffic that drives over the flats plus there are tiny "islands" that pop out of the salt.
6. Sahara desert . Most country's in the real Sahara desert with the exclusion of Egypt are virtually identical in climate. The same thing can be said about most of the middle east. There are sand dunes for miles and miles. Taller than the statue of liberty in some cases. But there are small undiscovered Oases and small towns that riddle the Desert. There could be a small city by a small inlet or on the ocean. But the vast majority of the map are small paved roads that go in-between the hills of sand.
7. South East Asia or India . This is a mix bag. Tropical forest with poor looking villages or cities. Could also be rice fields as far as the eye can see. Roads of all types and condition's and possibly right hand drive cars.
8. China, Korea, or Japan . These country's have a lot of similarity's looking through the American eye. (Please this is going to get a lot of hate but I'm seeing these country's as the same for 3 reasons. 1 Most of there population is at the coast. 2. All 3 have mega cities and have Slums and rich sections of each city. 3. They all have very similar vehicles ex ford transit.) I'm not sure what could be put into this map but It could be a city with country side on the ocean.
9. Siberia . I put this here because unlike a Alaskan map Siberia Russia is more hilly more trees and a lot more mud during the spring and summer. (Also there has been a very large lack of Russian roads in driving games. The best Russian road I think I had ever seen was in Call of duty and that is sad.)
10. Eastern Europe . (note this is based off my limited knowledge of the area.) Not much to really say but bad roads and run down city's or towns. Maybe a few dilapidated bridges where the bridge has holes or wooden bridges that are so tiny that even a pigeon would have difficulty crossing.
11. Germany . This map should have the autobahn somewhere since its one of the most iconic motorways in the world. No speed limits in the country side. Gentle slopes on turns long strait ways with tunnels. There should be some small towns or a city of some sort. There should be windmills and farm fields if in the countryside. Maybe a world war museum.
12. United kingdom or Ireland or Scotland . Green grass for miles comes to mind when I think of the British Isles. Now of course there are trees and such but the British Isles are know for the green land and rain if you want to think topography wise. But they are hilly and the roads are extremely narrow in most places.
13. Australia . Now Australia is a very mixed bag of stuff. Its left hand drive the roads in the outback are not maintained so you can go from paved to unpaved under a second. Just like the Sahara desert there will be a few Oases and small pockets of towns and city's around.
--- Post updated ---
--- Post updated ---
Edit: Please don't hate about some of the things I say since I was not doing enough research at the time when I wrote the list and I don't feel like changing anything since its old.
i am working on Czech Map with real cities.
it is a great idea cause i have been to europe lot of times but
there isnt south korean car or a map
Probably a scaled-down map of Montenegro would be a good idea, for example. I did make an suggestion for that, but didn't get much replies. I mean, Montenegro is a small country, judging by World Map statistics @ https://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/montenegro/melandst.htm, it's 60.7 KM Horizontally by 222.67 KM Vertically. if we do a 1:8 scale of this, then we could fit Montenegro into BeamNG with the dimensions of 7.59 * 27.83 KM. it might be large, but we deserve a big Euro map after having lots of small American ones.
If anyone has been to Montenegro before, they would know it has great scenery, and lots of mountains, hence the "Monte" in Montenegro. This video (look up "Drive Montenegro - The 15 Most Scenic Roads in the Country" - without quotes), shows 15 scenic roads. Who wouldn't want to drive in such roads in BeamNG? Everyone would work together on it, devs and volunteers in our free time, and we can do it, and make it fit within 8GB of ram. if we have creations like Primo3001's American road and bob.blunderton's Roane County, then i don't see why not with an entire country in BeamNG
good idea, but it would take A LOT of time (and pretty good pc's). I can help , but I think not a lot of people will help or want to spend many hours into this project.
I actually made an thread suggesting an Rocky Mountains map before. (Although it never got attention at all.)
Also, how come does the rest of New England gets no attention? ECA is ONLY based on Maine, and all the other states aren't even touched on.