WIP Beta released Mountain Roads

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by TYLERTJ, Dec 8, 2014.

?

How good is it?

1. Absolutely fantastic

63.3%
  2. Good

33.7%
  3. Terrible

3.0%
  1. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

So here it finally is... Ain't she a beaut? Here's a general overview. This map is an off road based map with miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and of dirt roads, and some not so good asphalt roads leading to several towns(not I haven't started on objects yet). Each trail varies in difficulty, from my baby cousin can do it, to pros failing hard. I will have you know, though, each trail is completely possible, at least the ones with trees around them. FPS is probably a few better than DRI:rolleyes:
    ONLY WORKS IN EXPERIMENTAL

To do(Green-done, Yellow-WIP, Red-not started):
    Roads
    Towns
    Trees
    terrain sculpting
    Misc. environment
    93cb5256eb.jpg 40fabbbdf8.jpg 3f83599505.jpg 7481c53456.jpg 0722f6380e.jpg 394003d929.jpg
    Credits:
    LJFHutch for the beautiful objects, textures, etc.
    Holland for loads of mental help and constructive criticism
    Dummiesman becuase well hes Dummiesman
    Me everything else
    Keep in mind that this is a super early beta and let me know if there is any problems:rolleyes:
    Thank you!​

Attached Files:

#1 TYLERTJ, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

The screenshots look gorgeous, I'm gonna download it now to test it out.

3. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!:eek: BTW, make sure you have HDR on to make it look like the screenshots.

4. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

How fps intensive is it? Whats dri?

5. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Dry Rock Island:)

Below, thank you:)

#5 TYLERTJ, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful map. Can't wait to check it out.

7. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

This map looks amazing... If only I checked the forum half an hour ago, I could have tried it tonight. Looks great in the pictures, I've been waiting for more mountaineous roads. Great job!

8. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

:D Thank you!!

9. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Fantastic map, I just played it for about an hour exploring in the off road d15! It completely reminds me of the trails near me. They were once logging roads that have eroded a lot and been used to find rock crawling spots. I'm up in BC but I know the terrain in Oregon is similar.

Some suggestions if you have the time:

Place some more deadfall/stumps around, as a place like this would have been logged (the trails would have been formed from abandoned logging roads) and the little trees would be 2nd/3rd growth.

Think about how rainwater would run from the tops of the mountains and wash out parts of the road, and maybe make some little creeks or at least evidence of washouts. This was the primary obstacle when I used to go 4x4ing. Sure, it was a rough trail, and brush/ittle trees were growing into the edges, but often the sides of the trail would be washed away or there would be a creek running right through leaving a big v shaped gulley. In the v could be various boulders left from the washout. A real challenge!

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Looks great! :)

11. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Nicely done. Those dirt roads are BRUTAL.:cool: Your HDR implementation makes the look unique. Was wondering if you were playing around or working on a map
    and now I know. Thanks for this!

12. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

The idea was to make it as realistic as possible from Oregon. I'm glad you like it, and I'll work on it:)

13. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

First off I love this map. I love that it is so hilly and how many trails there are to drive.

There are a few issues that I see.
    1. trees on the roads.
    2.The "paved" roads don't have the concert affect (Tire squeal and the skid marks.)
    3. There aren't any rocks. (Preference) If you where to add rocks it be even more realistic.

I love this map. I have always wanted to make a map like. I just haven't had the time to do so.

14. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

I like it TYLERTJ. Is it possible to add waterfalls to this map or any other map? now that the devs are improving the game engine. Keep up the good work buddy! :)

15. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Tested the map, and it is very nice! I love the view at the spawn, and there always seems to be a new trail wherever you drive.

Waterfalls would be awesome for this map (whenever that might happen...), and more viewpoint areas, and scenic points too. :) Keep up the work!

16. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the feedback. There currently is no way you can have skidmarks on mesh roads yet I think, soo. And for the rocks, there will definely be rocks, just haven't started yet. Tress in the road is something that I'll work on in the polishing stage:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno if waterfalls are possible except a mesh with an animated texture. I might give it a go.:eek:

17. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Awsm, going to check it out now!

18. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Big work being done on this right now! :)

19. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I tried it with the Gavril Wheeliepickup 5200 hp and it is a very good truck for the crazy dirt roads that are insanely steep.

20. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Does anybody know if this map sill works? I want to keep working on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice