MRK kit: RAILROAD TRACKS

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by bob.blunderton, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Nissan versa

Nissan versa
    Expand Collapse

use the old world editor (Ctrl + Shift + F11)

2. BeamNGFilms

BeamNGFilms
    Expand Collapse

I follow the instructions as it says, but when I spawn the tracks with the forest brush tool, its always no texture, even though I put the materials.cs file in the art/shapes/tracks folder or maybe I did something wrong. Pls help

3. y42bG

y42bG
    Expand Collapse

thats whats happening to me

4. MD ANAYET HOSSEN

MD ANAYET HOSSEN
    Expand Collapse

Please give me material file

5. DieselBones

DieselBones
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the late question.
    Mine are white. Why? I also don't know how to add the textures and stuff. I am new to this. also Ctrl+shift+F11 just brings up the regular editor now I guess. I only picked up the game in 0.24.

Attached Files:

• white.jpg
    #25 DieselBones, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  6. litelmedox

litelmedox
    Expand Collapse

i dont understand u said art/shapes/MRK inside your map folder

what map folder
    --- Post updated ---
    and where is /art/shapes/MRK

7. victorrex

victorrex
    Expand Collapse

Can you make video tutorial please?
    thanks in advance
    --- Post updated ---
    can you make video tutorial please?

thanks in advance

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Materials CS files are no longer read by the game engine in the last two major versions.
    There is a new version I will put up, it should work with the textures, but you'll have to edit the paths to the files as-needed to suit your map or it will try to pull it out of my map (and fail, sometimes).
    The UV's on the tracks aren't perfect, but the collision should be good enough to run a train on. Keep in mind the tighter turns aren't for heavy freight trains, they're intended for local tram-ways so that you can have public transport - like a Metro.
    Use long slowly curving pieces for the freight trains especially heavy ones. Use the tighter turns only for metro systems in cities. These in the real-world can make much tighter turns due to shorter carriages and bend-friendly designs - Like the bendy-bus we all know and have likely heard of. Washington state / Oregon and many major cities use these for super-high density transport use where demand is high.
    I will put up a texture index so that you can get them working. However, for the daring, you can open up the model files (DAE files) and look for the material ID that it wants like "stone_trackbase" or "tracktexture" or "shawn2".
    Shawn2 is the rail texture. It's also used somewhere on the station, I think on the steps and maybe the beams, forget.
    Tracktexture is the far-away 2d track texture and possibly the ballast texture up close, it's been a while sorry.
    stone_trackbase is the white stone you see. Feel free to switch it to gravel or something better. Sorry if it seems stretched on some pieces, as a few were made hastily.
    The intersections will want some sort of asphalt - the same as the WCA one for those in the know. They also want slabs_large for the sidewalks, so stick any sidewalk texture in there and it should work - that's also previously a west coast texture but I replaced it in the last year or so with one of my own.
    I have to look where those 3 textures are defined that I listed in bold, they're not in the main materials file where they should be in my map sources. I will move it into the correct place before my next release. The files should be self-contained in that directory (have some or all textures in the folder with the assets that use it, for portability when other users need part of the MRK).
    There will be asset packs available in the future to use as dependencies when certain maps use some of my MRK stuff, but I am not sure if the feature is supported yet - will have to ask. This is something I've mentioned to the devs in the last 18 months, so maybe with a surprise it will be supported some-day soon. It'd sure be nice and a lot easier to work with, and lessen repeated downloads. I've also talked to them about getting out-of-map resources working (using textures or models etc from other maps without needing to dupe everything in your own map, this saves on downloads and drive-space - the server here is slow enough!).
    That's all I've got to say about it right now. I'm not at the best mental clarity today (it's quite rubbish at the moment), so I'll look into those textures this week and see what I can do to help you folks get this working.
    Sorry about that! Will do what I can. Again, open the DAE files in a text editor and look at the material ID's it asks for.
    DAE model files are plain-text and user-readable and such, just like webpages are, it's the same language.
    -Cheers!

9. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice