MULTIPLAYER??!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Stian Aarskaug, May 23, 2015.

1. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

This is a protest thread!!!

(imported from here)

How many times have you seen people asking for multiplayer?
    How many of those times did you want to hit OP to death with the search bar?

(imported from here)

How many times have you told them:

(imported from here)

Well, before you blame it all on the people making all these 19453746 threads about multiplayer...

(imported from here)

...let me tell you something: THE SEARCH BAR IS USELESS:

(imported from here)

...unless you go to advanced search and filter only thread titles (how many people do you think do this?):

(imported from here)

So my question to you is... What's the point of telling people to use the search bar when the search bar doesn't freakin' work??! And why doesn't it search thread title only by default?!

(imported from here)

WHY?!!

#1 Stian Aarskaug, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

You uh.. really put some effort into this didn't you.

3. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

* Yes, I enjoyed editing those pictures. And most important of all, it's for an important cause. We have an epidemic here, a serious plague called threads about multiplayer.
    But seriously tho', editing a few images isn't much of an effort when you're familiar with the software.

#3 Stian Aarskaug, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  4. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Really? I've always assumed that even the least intelligent among us can figure out how to use a search bar correctly. The first time I tried searching for a specific term, it didn't work, so I clicked advanced search, changed the dropdown to "search titles only", and bam, it worked. Others should use problem solving to figure this out. It's not that hard.

5. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

People say, use photoshop, but have you ever tried to use photoshop??

6. rachmat_777

rachmat_777
    Expand Collapse

well this is quite funny hehe

7. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

It's not about the intelligence. It's about the assumptions. "Mkay, no one's asked for this before, I'll just make a new thread for it then". Do you really think that the avarge user think about trying the advanced search because maybe the way the search function works in a fucked up way so that you get no useful results? Do you really believe that? I mean, on top of the fact that people are lazy as shit to begin with.

Paint.net is the shiet yo.

8. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

I first saw the title and i was like :mad: again!!!
    but then i started reading and its pretty hilarious lol. :cool:

9. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Finally someone said it ! I can't understand people to use the search bar if there are very little REAL threads about multiplayer ( except if you use advanced search . )

10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Search function works plenty well enough to determine that there is no multiplayer and why.

11. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

The search bars default is completely useless.

12. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

Multiplayer confirmed #illuminati

13. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

No. Read again and you'll see why.

14. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

First off, if you don't take the time to read this whole thing over carefully, then don't bother replying to me.

Secondly, in case you didn't know, they already officially stated that they would add multiplayer when the rest of the game is finished, because otherwise the game will become even further unstable in general than it ever has been. Multiplayer is by no means an easy feature to implement, and the fact that they will have to develop all of the features for specific purpose of working fluently and flawlessly in multiplayer mode whilst allowing vehicles to appropriately interact with each other is going to be a HUMONGOUS update in itself, which will also most likely spawn another 3 to 4 updates after all of the time already spent implementing it just to get it running basically smooth with the exception of a few features here and there.

So unless you want to go learn how to code and stuff, and then attempt to successfully join their development team for the sole purpose of appropriately converting all of this game content to work correctly with multiplayer if they even WILL be lenient enough to let you, then I suggest being patient with the huge amounts of work the developers are already doing. Good day.

15. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

#15 NaxNir, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  16. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Only if you use advanced...

17. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

How ironic. You didn't take the time to read the thread and therefore missed that this thread has nothing to do with requesting multiplayer...

Yeah, tell that to basicly every person making a thread about stuff that has been covered a thousand times before. Oh wait, you did... :p

And as I have tried to say... People use the god damn search box on the forums, and then the forums tell them "we found nothing of what you searched for, so go ahead and make a new thread about it".

For various of reasons, people do not use advanced search. They do not use advanced google syntaxes in their searches.

18. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

The Dev team just needs to make an FAQ bar up top to cover all the multiplayer, beamng on mac, and airbag crap..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

There's two reasons I can think of:
    A) It's more work: there's a regular search box right there, why would I make it extra hard on myself and press the link below that to go to a more complicated search box?
    B) Advanced search functions usually reduce the number of results: it serves to refine your search and filter out useless results.

20. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Bottom line is title seach should be default, the devs should tell us why they think the current method is best

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice