WIP Muscle car

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Fireboyd78, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

I began this project late last year and have worked on it off and on. Before today, the last modified file dates were in May...yikes!

Here's the most recent pictures I have of it:

musclewip.jpg musclewip2.jpg

Still heavily a work-in-progress. It has its roots in a mod I was going to do for GTA IV, then I was going to allow its use in another game, and finally I realized that this baby is PERFECT for BeamNG. I can't wait to finish it up nicely :D

What do you guys think? Does it have the potential to be an awesome BeamNG car? Would love to hear feedback!

Oh yeah, and if you're the type of person who likes seeing "beta" stuff, you might like seeing this:

muscle_alpha.jpg

One of the earliest builds of the vehicle. I'll leave it up to others to decide what vehicle it was mostly inspired from. :p

• Like Like x 4
  2. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

I personally really like it good job looks like it would be a fun car to mess around in. Also I would say it has quite a bit of Chevy Nova in it but I don't know.

3. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Very important question, do you know how to get it in-game?

4. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

Looks very good!Are you using blueprints?

5. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

I haven't made any vehicle mods for the game yet, so no. But I will pick up on it quite easily, don't worry :p

Thank you! Yes, but only to get a basic shape going. Then I just go from there and modify it as needed.

#5 Fireboyd78, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Oh hey I'm finding more and more of my Midtown Madness friends here :D. That's looking good so far! I'd love to DESTROY-- err Drive it :3

7. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

Decided I didn't like where the old interior was going, so I've been working on the new interior for a couple of hours. I'm not using any references here so that's probably why it's taking so long :p

musclewip3.jpg musclewip4.jpg

8. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

The rear-half of the interior is complete (for now), it's ready for the seats and any other minor adjustments :D

musclewip5.jpg musclewip6.jpg

Next step is to probably do the front-half of the interior, and add in the little drivetrain hump (or whatever you want to call it :p)

Can't wait to finish it!

UPDATE:

Detached the hood and started working on the trunk lines. The engine bay has been started, but I'd rather not show it..haha

musclewip8.jpg musclewip9.jpg

#8 Fireboyd78, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  9. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

Refined the front a bit, added some chamfers to the bumper, and other various fixes. I'm trying to keep myself occupied, as I dread doing interiors :p

musclewip10.jpg

10. LandYacht76

LandYacht76
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome, keep it up.

11. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... I don't get what it is, but something about the shape of the car bugs me.

But anyway, this is a rather interesting and creative concept, I like it!

EDIT: I think I figured out what's bugging me... the curved edges on the car are way too smooth.
    This is what I think it should look like:
    0605_mopp_04z+1969_plymouth_barracuda+rear_right.jpg

12. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the feedback! I'll be sure to "roughen up" some edges so that it's not so smooth :p

13. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

I never realized how long it would take to do the interior. Let alone just barely finish up a door...and it's still not even finished! Probably doesn't help the interior is 100% fictional so far, LOL

Now with more door handles!

musclewip11.jpg musclewip12.jpg

Don't mind the weird shape of the door or the dark spots, those will be fixed as the interior progresses. There's the "engine bay" in the background...oh dear

Oh yeah, and I upgraded to 3ds Max Design 2014. I love the new features :D

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Because someone was working on my MaxScript and thought "what the heck I'm tired of 2011 anyways" Haha ;)

That's looking great so far! Do you know how to do JBeams yet?

15. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

Haven't tried yet. I might ditch the interior for now and work on some chassis parts so I can hopefully get it in-game for some testing.

16. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

I figured starting over on the interior (for the most part, anyways) would be a good idea since I ran into a roadblock with the way I was doing it before. The interior-portion of the doors still need to be remodeled, but I wanted to show the progress on the interior.

musclewip13.jpg musclewip14.jpg

I'm looking at the rear seats of this thing and thinking "Wow, those look comfy" and at the same time, "There goes the trunk space!"

The dashboard itself is not final (obviously), I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'm not too worried about dark spots, seeing as how there is still baking/textures that needs to be done. I'm trying to keep it as fictional as possible, using nothing but what I think is the ideal "Muscle Car" interior. I'm also going to say that I may not update this for awhile, seeing as how I have other projects on hold due to this and I don't think anyone's too interested in seeing small bits here and there. In the meantime, I'm looking for a sweet-sounding name to this vehicle, and wouldn't mind hearing some ideas from others here. If no good names come about, I'll be naming this vehicle the '71 Muscle. Original, isn't it? :D

17. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Here's a name suggestion!
    1971 Robinson 416-GT

I can attempt to make a logo in Photoshop if you want.

Oh, and you can replace '416' with whatever size you intend the engine to be (in cubic inches).

Also, the rear seats look good. Don't think there's a problem with the trunk space.

18. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

I like the designation 416-GT, but Robinson just doesn't do this badass piece of machinery justice. It needs the "G1 Governator" version for a muscle car :p

19. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Good point... I'll get back to you on that one :eek:

EDIT: 'Axel Motors' or 'Boyd'?

EDIT2: I also noticed something that seems a bit off. The A-pillars look a bit too straight. If you curve them (very slightly) they'd look better.

#19 FastestClassic, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  20. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78
    Expand Collapse

1971 Axel Motors 416-GT
    1971 Boyd 416-GT

It's getting there. I'm sure something will come about :D

As for the A-pillars, that's just another thing on my big checklist of "Things to Do" for this car. I still need to model the entire undercarriage of the car, model the engine/engine bay, finish the interior, the trunk, wheels...there's a long road ahead! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice