My Little Die casts and Town Project

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by SergentFido, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

My kid destroyed my beloved (?) Fiat Duna by NOREV. Threw it out of the window... It was subsequently ran over by an oncoming vehicle before I could save it... :(

As a model, it was not particuarly well made, but it's relatively rare now and used to be the feather in the cap of my collection of shitemobiles... :p

Oh, well... :D

My models are locked up tight since then...:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Ha Ha, what a story. Fortunatly it didn't fall on somebody's head, depending on the height were you live it could do some damages. Wise to lock your precious cars he he.

Speaking about sceneries that could be done now, i tried some papercraft model found on http://papermau.blogspot.fr/2017_05_14_archive.html

I printed them on my inkjet printer on average weight paper, it's a bit clear as they are tests but i will use those models printed on very light PVC by a professional machine at the end.
    They are good looking already.

serge_diecast_sceneriestests-0001.jpg serge_diecast_sceneriestests-0002.jpg serge_diecast_sceneriestests-0003.jpg serge_diecast_sceneriestests-0004.jpg serge_diecast_sceneriestests-0005.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he wants to be a stunt driver lol or an AUDI driver...

4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

The blue Renault 18 was probably shot at with a BB gun. The roof received a direct hit, hence the major damage and the bullet that hit the hood bounced off. Doesn't look like a child's play to me.
    When I was about 5 years old, my father gave me his 1:43 RAF Latvia model (made in USSR) and at some point I decided to have play wrecking yard with it. I removed all tires (and lost them :p), side door, third row of seats (and lost it, too), broke off part of the dashboard and rear bumper. After that, I customized the van by painting windows with a green crayon (!).
    I still have it and plan to restore it someday. My father still regrets giving it to me.
    In general, I wasn't a destructive kid. I damaged cars just for the sake of damage just once, when I had a Majorette Toyota Prius vs Peugeot 307 demolition derby. I still have them and regret doing the derby, though the aforementioned cars only lost chips of paint and can be described as mint if compared to some cars in @SergentFido 's junkyard. I liked to pretend I'm a scrapyard worker, though, and an UAZ 469 and Bugatti Veyron suffered the same dismemberment as the RAF. They didn't survive, though- my grandmother found them and threw them away.
    You mentioned that you want to assemble the city with your daughter. I doubt that pictures of half-nude women and "Is your wife hot?" catchphrase on these papercraft models are acceptable for young children. What do you think?

#24 Ytrewq, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

He he fun stories thanks for sharing.

You call Pin-up art semi nude girls ? They are just in sweamwear or short clothes, but i'm also a pin-up artist, i have posters of art i like and some i did also, and i don't consider them being offending to my daughter in any manner. For the sentence you noticed on the garage, my daughter is not even 5 years old and doesn't read french properly for now, so english sentences are okay i think he he.
    No problem for me with those paper craft arts.

Current hip hop music video clips and in general how women are used in music and advertisements are a bigger problem for me, i don't let her see that.

#25 SergentFido, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

Damn I miss when Hip Hop clips had a story lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Here we are for the utility cars, off roads, litlle scale trucks, service cars like taxi, pickups, vans range that i have for now. pretty good condition, all were played except the brand new ones that are mint, but they are rare, i mostly buy used diecasts for cheap. Some of them with very basic colors, non metallic, could be restored sometimes.

I'll maybe detail and comment the images later today. My Collection is lacking big trucks, car transporters, and more heavy duty trucks.

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0002.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0001.jpg

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0003.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0004.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0005.jpg

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0006.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0007.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0008.jpg

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0010.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0011.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0012.jpg

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0013.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0014.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0015.jpg

serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0016.jpg serge_diecast_truckserviceutility_0017.jpg

#27 SergentFido, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

those junkyard cars are pretty cool and that Majorette Impala looks mint! Have you considered making a dealer showroom diorama or a fleet motor pool yard diorama?

Interesting viewpoint considering in America pin-ups and hot rod culture are acceptable for public display. The fried chicken restaurant down the street from me has a giant pin-up on their neon sign visible in all directions and it's next door to a fast food burger joint with a children's playscape. Both are located on a main road backing a residential neighborhood. I occasionally drive by a modern repair shop with the same "Is your wife hot?" phrase on their marquee and it never struck me as inappropriate. It's almost too quaint given its dad-joke status.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I've got probably 1000 cars (1/64, Matchbox and Hotwheels) and I also have a group of destroyed cars, either from a shop about 20 mins away from my house and from my dad. I've only got a few pics and of the best condition cars. My favourite car is a Matchbox 1978 Renault 5TL in blue. It cost me £2 but is in almost mint condition!
    A battered Citroën CX, non ambulance version image.jpeg
    And the Renault image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know how you are able to get cars so fast. And lots of them too.
    As for beaters I have quite a few of them:
    5C064E23-A0EB-4524-9A62-B1293BDDBC9C.jpeg Left outside for a while 61F851B9-87BC-4CD6-9734-52F6F68CF227.jpeg beat up cars 3F0F6895-209F-4869-A205-B51694D07E0B.jpeg stupid glue ruined it 82DBBCBA-5E02-4988-9C99-E269AAB37A4C.jpeg on purpose EADF9D7B-B0A9-44EE-8EFA-BCAF4B5891DF.jpeg more stuff ADB19458-4B03-41E2-8FF2-9DC071190DDF.jpeg 12015D90-BBA4-4573-BAC2-87FFFADBEC62.jpeg destroyed taxi AA694AA7-183B-4ECA-8AA9-AA4F10A6C7BE.jpeg parts

• Like Like x 1
  11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i just show my collection sorted by categories, they are not new ones ;)
    Some of them i got since i'm a kid :D Some are new but i buy little cars just a few times a year and currently i'm stopping to buy. Other priorities.
    Nice beaters !

• Like Like x 1
  12. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

20171022_135913.jpg
    Not a bad model, bit of a fanatic when it comes to majorette as if i find one in decent shape I have to pick it up.

and fun fact my dad had one of these when he was overseas.
    211_013r18gtlbreak.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your discussion (even though i did give you the idea for the topic).

ps: I don't have french blood in me but I have a bit of Catalonian,British and German though.

#32 ktheminecraftfan, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

I was building up a junkyard back when i was younger but, since the cars were broken my parents got rid of them and it was never completed

14. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

Model made by my friend if anyone wants to know how to make it I can PM you with the prices & everything you need.

15. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I had this 604 too but as a complete box of my diecast were lost as they were stored by my father's house for 15 years, i don't have it anymore.
    I'll get another one i guess.

About the topic creation, you didn't exactly given me the idea, i was about to create a topic and i answered to you to not make off topic in the Oldsmobile thread he he.
    But no problem for showing your cars. :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If i wasn't 14 and not an idiot, i would've sent you these.
    image.jpeg
    Anyways, i'd like to see this one completed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kosmokat

Kosmokat
    Expand Collapse

DUUUUUUUUDE THIS IS SO WEIRD, you have a pic of a red Rolls Royce Silver shroud on a tow truck with the roof caved in, I HAVE THAT EXACT MODEL IN THE SAME COLOUR AND IT'S CAVED IN IN THE EXACT SAME WAY, LITERALLY IDENTICAL.

18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

This is not my Rolls die cast, it's not my pic but a video preview from an artist on youtube.

19. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

You can take a small buffing wheel on a dremel and some polish and that will fix a lot of the scratches on windows and small scratches on paint.

20. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

@SergentFido I see you are a man of the minicar as well:p
    DSC03567.jpg
    here is my pileof vintage tomica (which I have since sorted by manufacture)
    bought them with the intention of restoring/customizing. eventually...
    would love to make some "towns" with these, or better yet stop motion action movies:cool:

and a quick repaint cuz why not (still wip lol)
    DSC03451.jpg DSC03462.jpg
    to every kid who has ever drawn sharpie on the windows, I hope santa doesn't come next year:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice