My luck w/ purchasing Apple products (or things in general)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Svpracer, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

So I just got my new computer (specs in signature) a month ago and have just learned that I could of waited and got a better processor for the same price had I waited. This also happened when I purchased my 4, had I waited a month I could of got it free! I jut have terrible luck...
    This also happened during the Steam Summer Sale. I purchased a few game before I went on vacation and had I waited a little, I could of got them for a better price.

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

welcome to World.

3. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

Unless you plan on using your Mac for gaming, i wouldn't worry about performance. If you look at my sig, i have a early 2008 model (2.5Ghz dual core) and i'm also running Yosemite (beta). It runs smoothly and responds quickly, yours undoubtably will run even better due to faster RAM and SSD (aswell as processor, though that never seems to be a limiting factor in OS x for normal use). So, don't feel like you have been cheated or missed out, it's still pretty damn powerful for what it does (Unless you are gaming on it xD).

4. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

EW. APPLE. (Their computers are OK, but overpriced.) Anything else is awful.

5. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

>buying Apple products

6. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

>expecting Apple not to screw you over

7. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

>getting a cmda device instead of a gsm one

8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

>still buying Apple's overpriced shit because you're a retard and think it's better

9. Quannix

Quannix
    Expand Collapse

Not to be rude or anything, but you kinda deserve it for buying a Mac for gaming.

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Fixed.

11. Antosz1

Antosz1
    Expand Collapse

So many butthurt apple haters, lel.

12. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Justified, and backed by facts and logic!

13. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Well, casual gaming works but can't run anything to high/ hard core. Way better than my old 2010 FlopBook.

14. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

...dont know what to say,ive used macs in elementary school,they were quite mdoern,but they were slow as hell

15. Possibly_Pos

Possibly_Pos
    Expand Collapse

twas your fault with the summer sale... you can know when it is going to be easily.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

My middle school won a grant to buy brand new macbooks for every student in the school.
    It worked kinda like a textbook; you were assigned a computer at the beginning of the year, you bring it to school every day, and take it home at the end of the day.
    I gotta say those things are nice. They're so smooth and fast and perfect. The thing never locked up on me. Not a single time. It always responded instantly, and never got confused and slowed down. I loved that computer.
    If they weren't so goddamn expensive I'd consider buying one myself, of course never for a gaming computer. Oh and I'd never buy an apple desktop. Only a laptop. Just to surf the web and stuff cause it's so fast and smooth.
    Apple laptops are really really nice, but for what you pay for you can buy a way nicer windows computer.
    But honestly I miss having it. They're reassigning them on Friday for the new school year. My high school got a grant, too. They won't be brand new this time, though. We'll be getting last year's seniors' computers. Meh, still a free computer.
    OP: Your fault for being dumb enough to blindly throw a thousand bucks at a computer and not wonder what you're actually getting for your money.

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Mac.

OS= good

Everything else= Overpriced

18. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

That happened at my old middle school, everyone got a new (at the time) 2010 white unibody MacBook and we got a 3 yr warranty because we actually purchased them. I loved the service we got w/ them and that almost all of my classes used them. My current HS has wi-fi but we need to bring our own devices.

19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Mac OS is shit. It's pretty much made for retards. Everyday features are easy to use, advanced system options are hidden deep into the OS. Needless to say it's useless for gaming.

20. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

The only Apple device I really like is the iPod Classic. Back when they were simply music devices, and didn't have a screen that would break within 6 months. Also, basically no annoying Apple OS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice