My 'new' pc

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by SKB, Apr 22, 2021.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Well, not much to say about the old pc of mine,
    Amd sempron (which I was able to unlock, and was able to play beamng on for a few hours, CMOS battery was dead so everytime, it reset, and it was erratic).
    4gb ram and a gt 710 2gb

Now however, I bought a new 550w psu, and thought, you know what, I might as well go a bit farther and get a 'new' old motherboard and cpu.

I went with an MSI H81M-E33 , the difference between the E33 and p33 is that one has a DVI port and the other has an HDMI,

The cpu is an Intel i5 4460, it's a 4 core 4 threaded cpu, which clocks upto 3.2ghz.
    Should be enough for beamng and a few other games. Also I hope I'll be able to record some gameplay with it...

Ram.. well.. I'm gonna stick with 4gb for a while, dont really know which new ram stick to buy, I'll probably go with hynix.

The GPU: it's a 2017 Gigabyte gt710 Gddr5. And I overclock it most of the time which reduces latency (it has a lot of it) and improves performance.. beamng should run at at least 30fps, which I'm fine with..
    Playing at less than 30fps for so long and this upgrade will probably throw me off a vit as I'm not really used to the 'high' speed stuff.

This upgrade should allow me to test more stuff and play a bit more and mess around with maps, cars and a bunch of crazy (but cool) props.

Now I wait for the processor, which should be here sometime in May. Yikes. But worth the wait.

2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Why does this matter if you're plugging your monitor into your GPU?

3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

lol,just wanted to point that out :p

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Cool. What kind of RAM do you have currently?

5. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

4gb DDR3 1333mhz.. will be getting 2 new 4gb sticks soon... Hopefully once the lockdown is lifted.. the cpu still hasn't arrived..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice