Outdated My Reshade config

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Brother_Dave, Jan 20, 2018.

1. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

I like this newer version better than the one you made for me, I'm not sure what it is but its damn good. Great job :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man :) BTW do you have working MXAO or do you also disable it in Reshade?

3. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure, I haven't bothered to enable it again because I remember having that flickering issue, so I guess you could say I disable it

4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Ok, if you have a look at my answer to Danny towards the bottom of the last page you might find a solution there, if you feel like having alittle AO in your game :)

Its the Reshade Preprocessor definitions where this row should look like this:

RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1

which is more than likely '...=0' for you now.

Theres a few more rows that can be added too, dont think they do anything right now though.

5. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

It is set at 1, has been for a while

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I have exactly the same Processor Definitions as you @Brother_Dave, but the MXAO still acts out...

Just noticed, look at the grass on the right...
    screenshot_00563.png

The bottom section looks like its shadowing over the top bit of grass or something...I can't explain, but I hope you see.

Either way, its still glitching out, and it's exactly the same

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

That is truly weird. Im more and more thinking its a GPU issue, unless youre running BeamNG AO, which i assume youve deactivated. Going through issues (not beamng related, just Reshade) it seems that the MXAO might not be perfect, i might be lucky it works so well on mine.

Do you use Reshade 3.0.8? Reshade 3 has been updated since and ive seen several ppl having issues with MXAO when running a newer version.

8. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

What is AO? I'm pretty spoopid with graphic terminology...

I now see 3.0.8 on the first page. Is Reshade 3 just an abbreviation of Reshade 3.0.8?

If so, I suppose I have an older version of Reshade? (Not your folders, the actual install I believe.)

9. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

When i say AO i mean Ambient Occlusion (MXAO is the name of the one available in Reshade) and is the self-shadowing of materials close to eachother. BeamNG has one which you can activae/deactivate in the graphics settings ingame.

Yes when i say Reshade 3 im talking about 3.0.8 (the one available in the first post). Some shaders work differently in different Reshade versions, therefore its safest to use that one. Reshade is always being updated and they release new version quite often which can mess with older releases.
    You will see what version you have by looking at the Reshade loading bar when you start BeamNG. If you dont see that bar then your Reshade is very old (atleast i think it wont pop up) but the MXAO shouldnt work at all for Reshade 2.

10. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Any progress on scatter fog? I read your one post and it'd be really awesome to see it :)

11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Not really, other than that i try to get the skies on every map look as realistic as possible :) I usually play around with the sky settings so that the day looks good but also the sun when its sunset. Theres really many different individual settings that effect the color and exposure of the enviroment, clouds and so on so its easy to get a good looking sky while grass is really bright. Its kind of like tuning a car, you just dont set fuel and timing separatly, they effect eachother so that you constantly need to take it all in consideration :)

12. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Ah alright, well hopefully you can manage something :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I tried to install this reshade but it doesn't work for me. This is my bin 64, I think I have installed in correctly.

I also put in the correct text in the reshade.

However I am getting no reshade when I play any of the levels. Could anyone help me?
    Thanks.

14. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

^ Please put pictures everyone can view ^
    I can't install either. What exactly do I put in Bin64
    I've gotten reshade before thougn :/

15. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I think this is what you put in bin 64.

You have to rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll I think.

16. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Does nobody read the first page anymore?

Make sure to read it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

-ZEUS- did you install the Direct 3d 9 or 10+ or have you tried both?

I know i mentioned 10+ to you but maybe someone can answer me which version you istall, its a looong time since i did. Was it Direct 3d 9 or 10x when installing Reshade 3?

#97 Brother_Dave, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  18. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

At first I accidentally installed it with the Direct 3D 9 and it didn't work so I switched to the Direct 3D 10+ but it still doesn't work.

19. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Jeeezuz that is annoying.. Running out of ideas lol. I think ill have to uninstall mine and reinstall and see how i get it to work.
    @llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll how did you do it? :)

20. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I remember that when I installed it using Direct 3D 9 when I opened the game up there would be nothing there, and nothing would happen when I clicked Shift+F2. When I installed it using Direct 3D 10+ the game would always crash until I renamed dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll. Then it would stop crashing and I would get the reshade loading screen but there was still no reshade in the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice