Outdated My Reshade config

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Brother_Dave, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I got it working! The reshade looks great!! I just didn't select the preset correctly. Thanks guys for helping me!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thats is great to hear, and thanks!
    Im impressed by how everyone chipped in to help :)

3. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

Any idea why I might have these errors? any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

• upload_2018-3-17_13-58-35.png
  4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Hmm.. i got a similar error when i added a faulty shader in the Reshade-shaders folder :confused:

5. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

Well I'll keep trying to solve it and get back to you if I find anything

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Keep us updated! I would start with making a backup of my Reshade-shaders folder and replace it with say the one from my latest edit. Step 2 would be to have a look at my dxgi to see if theres something up with the paths to folders.

@RiFlech Heres my sunset WCUSA documents/levels/west_coast_usa files, you probably just need two files from the main folder but heres the lot ;) Ive set the start time to the most orange time of the day, might want to start alittle earlier and let the day 'play' so tha tyou can time a good time/lighting for a screenshot.
    Ive altered ALOT of the lighting settings, also clouds and so on, so its quite different from the original one. BTW if you find a random white car parked somewhere i kinda saved the level with it in there :D I recommend you use the ingame sun rays, if you dont already.

Attached Files:

#146 Brother_Dave, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RiFlech

RiFlech
    Expand Collapse

You are the MVP!
    Thanks!
    Can you also make one on Jungle Rock Island?
    screenshot_00575.png screenshot_00576.png screenshot_00577.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

So I no longer have the red error messages. I'd used the shaders etc from page 4 but hadn't used the dxgi file from page 1. So it was a mistake on my part with the installation. It works fine now (thanks for all your help) however i'm still getting yellow warning messages, any idea what this might be?

View attachment 393238

upload_2018-3-18_11-47-11.png

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00008.png
  9. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Damn nice job man :) Plan on doing this for anything else? Also, any updates on the actual reshade?

10. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man!

Well i cant come up with anything id like to adjust atm so i might aswell release the latest versino which has recieved some changes to the DOF, Vibrance, MXAO and more :) Abit colder with hopefully alittel more accurate AO, but that seems to shift from map to map as usual so ive tried to find a golden middle way :p

Ive gone deeper into adjusting the lighting for maps too, so that it looks good during the day and light enough at night while getting a nice sunset, not the easiest task and every postFx, either its ingame or Reshade effects the result, so if i turn everything off and adjust it to what i think looks good, it ends up looking much different with ingame sun rays on, along with Reshade. Las Casolinas is my experimental grounds right now, along with WCUSA. One common thing taht i do is adjust the night color (which effects the light) so that i can actually see something without headlights on (since they tend to differ amongst cars and many of them dont light up the enviroment much).

Attached Files:

11. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Damn, combine this reshade ^, the custom WCUSA thing, and cessni's various graphic mods (dirt ,lights, sun, etc.) and beam actually looks like it could be a AAA game

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

So, sat up abit late but had to see what i could come up with. Managed to make a fake fresnel by using Reshades RBM. Does give a few side effects that im not very happy with, such as the DOF and MXAO needs to be worked on to know if its possible to use them along with the RBM. Also enhances the actualy faces of the surface if looked on closely so thats a bummer too. Looks best on desaturated colors so here it is on a black car :)

Fresnel'ish effect in pic one, without (but still my latest edit) in pic 2:

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00097.png
    • screenshot_00098.png
  13. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

Is this new version any heavier on the GPU than the DavesReshadeClueless version?

14. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

You mean if Clueless 2 is heavoer than Clueless? It should be but not by much.

If i get fresnel working thatll be even harder on the GPU but that not done by far.

15. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

i know from personal experience a while ago, minecraft shaders are actually more adjustable than reshade, you can adjust the noon color, morning color, even just the sky color, and nothing would be effected, hell you could even adjust the water color on its own. it seems like with reshade everything effects the other one lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

bump i guess, but how’s the progress going?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Eating breakfast so ill come back later :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Done with breakfast.

Well progress with fresnel is slow since i depend on thers (Crosire and Marty McFly at the Reshade forums) to code things and they have other things to do. Not sure if anyone of them are actaully looking at it but tis Martys shader im using and Crosire helped with code which unfortunatly didnt work.
    Other than that im constantly adjusting shaders, trying to achieve a GT Sport-look but right now its more a Forza 7 look so it takes some more adjusting before i can say im happy enough with it to release a new edit :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

I personally would mind too much of a Forza 7 look, but hey, it's your reshade, not mine, so feel free to do whatever :)

19. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Heres a test version of my latest edit. No fresnel yet o_O
    Ive adjusted alot across the board, more contrast, more active DOF (so that you can go fast and see further than a foot infront of you), more precise AO und so weiter (german for 'and so on', im not german btw).

I lowered the dirt lens effect alittle from the first screenshots. Also Activated/deactivated ingame light rays off and on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

i wonder, how do you manage to keep making it better? still has that very yellow look, but honestly i don’t mind it too much, but if you want inspiration for what i mean by “less yellow” check out @Ilya Higuti ’s reshade, good example of not too much yellow, but if you want, you can keep the yellow, makes it unique :)

#160 llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice