WIP NASCAR Gen 4 Stock Car

Discussion in 'Land' started by gittarrgy01, Feb 21, 2024.

1. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

This WIP mod is built on Solarpower07's NASCAR Gen 6 mod and has an entirely custom built body mesh and modifed jBeam to fit the generation 4 model better.

Latest progress update: 03/14 - 2024

Since the last update I have mostly made jBeam fixes in order to get rid of mesh spiking and weird crashes, I've also made two configs at this point, one for Talladega and one for Darlington, I will obviously make more configs for other tracks but those are the ones I've finished.

I have also been working a lot on the interior, here is a picture of how it currently looks like
    upload_2024-3-14_22-29-27.jpeg
    This is far from done though since I still need to make better textures for the dashboard and I also plan on adding more gauges to display fuel and etc.

Also, while the gauge in the picture is fully functioning, it does not have a texture yet, that's what I'm working on right now.

Outdated progress update: 03/01 - 2024

That One Polish Guy was kind enough to create the first paint scheme for this mod and it's a fictional Dale Earnhardt paint scheme of what his car could have looked like in 2003
    Here is a couple of pictures:
    upload_2024-3-1_19-53-29.png

upload_2024-3-1_19-53-44.png
    (There is a bit of clipping with the spoiler in this picture but that is not because of the paint scheme and it will be fixed soon)

upload_2024-3-1_19-55-6.png

This mod will get support for the blowover mod when it comes out, and While it does lift right now, it can be hard to achieve naturally, it behaves similar to the gen 6 blowovers.

CREDITS
    Most credits go to Solarpower07 and everyone else that helped making the original Gen 6 mod.

Also big thanks to That One Polish Guy for helping me with making the paint schemes for this mod

The things I have made my self are the body model, chassis model, dashboard model, and a couple of other things including a a lot of jBeam adjustments.

Original post (OUTDATED)

I still have a lot to do, for example I plan on adding a custom dashboard with gauges to fit the gen 4 better instead of the digital dashboard that is in Solarpower's gen 6 mod, I also need to work on the jBeam a bit more and there are no paint schemes for it right now since I am terrible at making them.

I should mention that the body for this mod was made to resemble Pawshore's gen 4 mod but it is not the same body, I did manually make the whole body.

upload_2024-2-21_21-19-58.png

upload_2024-2-21_21-23-1.png
    (yes, some triangles are upside down in this picture, those will be fixed soon)

upload_2024-2-21_21-40-38.png
    (I have not added textures to the dashboard or the gauge yet, I also have more gauges to add later on)

#1 gittarrgy01, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  2. PantherThunder22

PantherThunder22
    Expand Collapse

this looks very nice

3. SYNC_YT

SYNC_YT
    Expand Collapse

Looking good, can't wait for it!

4. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

Thank you both, I have been hard at work for about a month now trying to make it as good as possible

The biggest things left are probably the dashboard and uv mapping the whole body to be able to make paint schemes for it

5. F1fan_1970s

F1fan_1970s
    Expand Collapse

Well, i dont thing my gen 4 pessima will be a big fight for this thing. But it looks incredible mate.

6. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I did see your mod aswell and I thought it looked pretty cool!
    I hope you keep making it or your other mod you were planning since you learn a lot from modding

I did spend a lot of time on this mod to make it as good as possible!

7. michaa

michaa
    Expand Collapse

that looks promising! cant wait :D

8. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• upload_2024-2-22_17-11-44.png
  9. Kablooey81

Kablooey81
    Expand Collapse

its finally happening! (again)

10. viksssse

viksssse
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait

11. cayed 6

cayed 6
    Expand Collapse

12. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

May be hard to notice from the picture above, but there is quite a bit of mesh spiking on the hood so I decided to make that a bit better,
    upload_2024-2-23_21-44-30.png
    (I have only fixed mesh spiking on the hood at this point, there is still a bit to fix on the body and I also need to fix a couple of other jBeam problems before I am complete with the jBeam)

Something else I have been working on lately is trying to finish the rear spoiler, I am also not completely done with this since I need to fix a couple of textures and maybe optimize the 3d model a bit more.
    upload_2024-2-23_21-47-22.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. GreenBug1969

GreenBug1969
    Expand Collapse

is there going to be diffrent configs, like short track, superspeedway?

14. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

Yes

15. GreenBug1969

GreenBug1969
    Expand Collapse

Cool

16. oneowlwayne

oneowlwayne
    Expand Collapse

FINALLY someone is making my fav nascar gen
    i've been looking for someone to make one for like idk 4-3 years now thank you hope you won't give up and i'll keep looking at this page and seeing the progress and to me it does not matter if it has no skins when it comes out i'll still
    play with it.

#16 oneowlwayne, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  17. SYNC_YT

SYNC_YT
    Expand Collapse

Bro! Thank you! This is the dream and I can't wait for it!

18. gittarrgy01

gittarrgy01
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing you saw wrong or something since my last message was from yesterday, but yes I do work on it almost every day and I will be posing an update in the coming days

19. oneowlwayne

oneowlwayne
    Expand Collapse

yeah i did read something wrong i read your join date not the message date i am dumb but ok i just wanted to know cause i thought the last message was from a year ago

• Like Like x 1
  20. smd8

smd8
    Expand Collapse

i have a gen 4 mod, but its unfinished and it came from modland, you cant spawn that car and a gen 6 alongside because the skins have the same name of the ones that come with the gen 6, i think that mod will go to the bin and this is the one il use

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice