Naval Warfare

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HighBeam9000, Sep 9, 2022.

  1. Powerglowman

    Powerglowman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    Belasco got some new brush trucks and are now experimenting with plane drops and parachutes

     
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Neon Purple

    Neon Purple
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2022
    Messages:
    9
    Nice video! But whats the keybind for the deployment of the parachute, i cant figure it out.
     
  3. Powerglowman

    Powerglowman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    @Neon Purple you have to choose your own keybind in the controls menu
     
  4. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    idk
     
  5. Powerglowman

    Powerglowman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    @kevin5744874 @Neon Purple
    The keybind for release and extraction is the same, you have to choose all the keybinds you want for your parachute in "vehicle specific" in the "options tab" there is also 2 keybinds to adjust your parachutes size. you must choose your own keys, as it comes with no keybind default.
     
  6. Powerglowman

    Powerglowman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    also does anyone know how to use parachute on the wydra? it always falls off
     
  7. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    The general issue is that the parachute is very experimental, and will be for a while. The particular issue is the Parachute Attachment component. There are several of these because not all vehicles' node names are the same. I added a new Parachute Attachment and posted an update. For the Wydra, select the Parachute Attachment named "Parachute Vehicle Attachment (b1b3b5 2)":
    Wydra_Attachment.png

    Tested it. It works. :)
    screenshot_2025-11-16_17-48-58.png

    What's the difference between attachments "b1b3b5" and "b1b3b5 2"?
    • Attachment "b1b3b5" attaches to nodes b1rr, b1ll, b3rr, b3ll, b5rr, and b5ll.
    • Attachment "b1b3b5 2" attaches to nodes b1r, b1l, b3r, b3l, b5r, and b5l.
    If necessary, you can always create your own attachments to drop whatever you want. See the following link for details:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/naval-warfare.87940/page-28#post-1786152
     
  8. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    Highbeam's Naval Aviation Server is up at this moment.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thinking about launching this server publicly every Saturday afternoon.
    --- Post updated ---
    Done playing. Server now shut down. Will likely be back up next weekend.
     
  9. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    Lukla Airport (it's Lukla-like) now in Italy Underground. Here's a video demo, and a link to the map is in the video description:
     
    • Like Like x 2
  10. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    The prototype Gemini Class carrier hull is structurally complete:
    screenshot_2026-01-15_21-53-50.png

    Currently implemented features:
    • Marked flight deck (might get more paint later)
    • It floats (with ballast trim adjustments)
    • It moves
    • It has working elevators
    We're going to release it from dry dock this weekend and take it out for testing. The hull will be available early next week in this forum for other officers to test drive.

    Future features:
    • More/improved textures
    • Superstructure
    • Autohelm
    • Lighting
    • Other stuff
     
  11. blueTrain05

    blueTrain05
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2025
    Messages:
    176
    that looks cool
     
  12. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
  13. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    The Gemini Class Megacarrier is now equipped with autohelm, so it can follow a course. If you already have autohelm course files for the Admiral Kuznetsov, the Gemini autohelm uses the same file format. However, the Gemini is much wider than the Admiral K, and requires deeper water, so be careful about that.
     
  14. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    Coming Soon: Automatic sequencing for airdropped cargo. One touch of a button will initiate a staged release of cargo from the AN-12:
    screenshot_2026-02-08_22-48-19.png
    No more will you have to leave the aircraft controls unattended while you run back to the cargo bay to manually release the cargo units one-by-one.

    Here's a demo video:
     
  15. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    HighBeam's Naval Aviation Server is up. You can find it in the Public Servers list on BeamMP.
    --- Post updated ---
    Shutting server down
     
  16. Happyhusky

    Happyhusky
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    516
    @HighBeam9000 Hello! I haven't been active for a while due to stuff going on and business and generally just forgetting about the forum, I'll catch up on the progress!
    --- Post updated ---
    I might resume my progress on this:)
    --- Post updated ---
    If you don't mind the lantency I have self hosted servers over here at home. If you'd like that then I can just host them with your server keys(I only have 3) They're supposed to be always up
     
  17. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    I appreciate the offer, but I generally host my own server. In the event that I find a mod problem, I can shut down the server, fix the mod, then restart the server.

    I'm probably going to start having the server up regularly on Saturdays for a few hours, probably from 12:00pm - 8:00pm Central US time.
     
  18. Happyhusky

    Happyhusky
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    516
    @HighBeam9000 Would it be possible for you to add runway lights to the Skeleton Coast Airstrip sometime? Would be awesome! Also how've you been doing?
     
  19. Neon Purple

    Neon Purple
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2022
    Messages:
    9
    A new mod is out @HighBeam9000, its a B737-100 i think you can probably make something with this mod.
     
  20. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    Absolutely. I'll download the Skeleton Coast map and see what it would take to add airstrip lights.

    I've been doing pretty good. I'm putting together a new megacarrier, The Gemini Class. You can find it in this forum.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's a strange coincidence that you mentioned the 737. I found it the other day, and I'm already performing a naval conversion on it. I encountered an issue with the altitude detection method the 737 uses to enable ground spoilers and thrust reversers. The 737 uses static ray casting to detect surfaces under the plane, such as a runway. This works great for static runways, but doesn't work for runways that move, such as carrier flight decks. I've implemented a weight-on-wheels sensor that detects when the main gear suspension is in compression, indicating that the plane is on the ground (or on a fight deck). It seems to work fairly well. I'm going to send the source code to the 737's author for evaluation. I successfully landed the 737 yesterday on a Gemini class prototype megacarrier. It's nice that the 737 is equipped with thrust reversers right out of the box. It's a nice plane. I may also upgrade the ailerons for a faster roll rate.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice