Naval Warfare

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HighBeam9000, Sep 9, 2022.

  1. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    the skeleton coast map has an airstrip? i havent seen it before
     
  2. Happyhusky

    Happyhusky
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    516
    I've got direct comms with Bacon, if you want I can send you the Discord server invite
     
  3. Neon Purple

    Neon Purple
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2022
    Messages:
    9
    Okay! Thanks for the upd
     
  4. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    It appears to have at least 2 airstrips. One of them is a single-runway airport, and the other looks like a dirt airstrip.
     
  5. Neon Purple

    Neon Purple
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2022
    Messages:
    9
    The runway that is pavement is just dirt for some reason. Its just a texture I'm pretty sure.
     
  6. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    im gonna check it out right now
     
  7. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    I added more terminals and a second runway to the main airport in Italy Underground.
    screenshot_2026-05-19_19-54-13.png
    screenshot_2026-05-19_19-55-33.png
    I ran out of terrain space so I dropped a big block of concrete into the water as the 2nd runway. I'll be releasing an updated Italy Underground on my Google Drive in a week or two; whenever I get the airport completely done. All of the tarmac markings are there as well as all of the lighting. There are some tunnels under the airport that I need to complete first.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    I'm building a new USPS skin for the AN-12 because somebody's gotta deliver the mail:
    screenshot_2026-06-16_07-11-42.png

    Also, the 4WD Pigeon is surprisingly capable at delivering mail:
    screenshot_2026-06-17_19-47-18.png

    I rolled the USPS skin up with the AN-12 Ramp Doors mod and just posted an update. It should be approved in a day or two.
     
    #670 HighBeam9000, Jun 24, 2026
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2026
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    ive got a mod idea can you make the minigun on the universal weapons mod and bell 407 to fire high explosive shells bc the normal ap bullets go straight through and dont do much damage
     
  12. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    I can try, but it might take me quite some time to do it. I have a long list of mod work to do and not a lot of spare time as my family and career consume a considerable amount of time.

    Have you thought about getting into mod work on your own? I recommend it. It's nice to be able to customize stuff to my liking, and you can too.
     
  13. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    Well I can try, because I do have a lot of spare time at the moment but I don't know much about modding so maybe i can search up some tutorials or smth
     
  14. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    One of the best ways to figure out how to mod is to look at other mods and see how they work. If you’re looking to implement explosive rounds, I suggest looking at how those were implemented for the Phoulkon CIWS or the ME262. Just unzip a mod and start peeking around at the jbeam and lua files.
     
  15. kevin5744874

    kevin5744874
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    14
    alr thx for the advice
     
  16. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    MaddMatt, the guy I used to build mods and videos with, passed away on 24 Jul 2026 due to a heart attack. He was my best friend for over 35 years, and his sudden passing has made the last couple of weeks a very difficult time.

    MaddMatt served the BeamNG.navy with honor and distinction. We've landed a lot of planes on ships, and his ideas strongly influenced the mods that we built. Without his help, the Gemini Class Megacarrier would not exist.

    MaddMatt's long and exemplary record of BeamNG.naval service has qualified him for posthumous promotion to Fleet Admiral. AI created his official naval portrait, which will be hung on the aft bulkhead of the Gemini bridge:
    FltAdmMaddMatt_BeamNGnavy.png
    I think he would have appreciated it.

    MaddMatt's term of service may have ended, but his memory and legacy will sail on...
     
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Happyhusky

    Happyhusky
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2023
    Messages:
    516
    I'm so sorry for what has happened :(
     
  18. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    Thank you, very much, for the kind words. I really appreciate it, and I think MaddMatt would have as well.
     
  19. dark_and000

    dark_and000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2022
    Messages:
    2
    Sorry for your loss.
     
  20. HighBeam9000

    HighBeam9000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2021
    Messages:
    383
    I appreciate your kind words. I'll miss MaddMatt in the near future, but I'll catch up with him someday.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice