Need For Speed: Payback

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Jun 2, 2017.

1. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I want... A new racing game.. With good customization, that doesn't suck? Is that too much too ask?

2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Had I unlimited money and programming skills, I would deliver what you ask. Unfortunately, well...

• Like Like x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Uh, I believe you already have it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

With nextgen graphics.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ricing in video games has become a lost art.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Cops revealed. Not much to say, with the exception of something returning from MW 2012 we didn't expect.

6. Kokii

Kokii
    Expand Collapse

Well I prefer GTA v (for me) cuz payback 100% wont run. If it runs the fps will be terrible. GTA V on normal settings 40-50 fps for me :) sometimes little fps drops to 20-30 but rare

7. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I honestly thought that this game may have a bit of a chance before it was announced that the same nonsense handling physics from NFS15 would be carried over. After about a month's worth of thinking it over, I thought that maybe a new direction for Need For Speed could be a nice change for a game or two, then EA could return the series back to its origins and kill it off, once and for all. However...now that I know that this will just be NFS15, except even less interesting and even more ripped-off from other games...what would be the point?

#207 DriftinCovet1987, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  8. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

*TRIGGERED* Only Burnout had better physics and better arcade handling....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I will say that the burnout style physics worked quite well for HP 2010, but only that game in particular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Maybe because HP was developed by Criterion Games (who could actually develope good racing games at the time), in a time before EA pissed everyone off by enslaving Burnout Paradise' sequel and turning it into a game called "Need for Speed: Most Wanted"..... which was terrible

I even consider HP 2010 the last great NFS release

#210 Wild Hog, Aug 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Maybe because HP was quite similar to Burnout 3.

All hail Burnout 3!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Well....uh yeah, why not.

BURNOUT 3!!!111

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

All I can say is, I hope the takedown camera is nerfed. A lot. It can get very annoying and I personally didn't want to see it return.

14. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

It isn't. Watch the previews again and no, I don't think the devs will change that till release, they're far too busy making cheesy car commercials....

Yeah, BMW, good job wasting money making a alarm für cobra 11-ish commercial for a car that I'm sure is already sold out.... (vid shows limited edition of 400 cars...) and besides why the hell is he driving an automatic M5? That's lunacy...

#214 Wild Hog, Aug 28, 2017
  15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I still want it to be nerfed. Imagine MW esque chases with every single wrecked cop having a stupid cutscene play out.

16. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

They don't care about what you want...

17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I know that. It's just a bit frustrating that every new NFS has to have some stupid gimmick thrown in to screw it up. (Even though this is one of many, judging by how many features are stolen from The Crew, Forza, Etc. However the former deserved it after the blatant NFS Rivals ripoff that was CAU)

18. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

This may get you all triggered...BUT...

Turns out that the major reason why Forza 7 will not be having Toyotas is because Toyota has an exclusive license with EA to put their cars into terrible games like this. Just HOW Toyota didn't consider how bad NFS PB would be before giving EA an exclusive license, I have no idea. But that's probably the worst thing that's ever happened to racing games since NFS 15.

Now, how are we going to try and do proper Initial D/Fast and Furious/other recreations involving production Toyotas in new games when they're all stuck in a game with drifting physics that are like trying to wrestle with a poorly-made autopilot mode, a replay system that distracts so much that driving fast and crashing cops is almost impossible to do at the same time smoothly, an almost entirely graphics-based entertainment value, and a storyline that's ripped from GTA and The Crew so hard that I couldn't replicate the effect in BeamNG with the node grabber and a Pessima?

19. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

This low key makes me want to flip a bus. We went through 16 years of BS substituting RUFs and Gemballas for Porsches because of EA's licensing deal; now that that's over, they're doing it with Toyota instead. How this is going to work with Gran Turismo and all the other games that have Toyotas in them is beyond me; I assume it will be like the Porsche license - EA gets to use them for pretty much free, everyone else has to bring the GDP of a small country.

I'm beginning to dislike EA more and more at this point. Their proclivity for appealing to malekind's baser instincts in games and advertising, their crummy games, their exclusive licensing shenanigans which I guess I should be slapping myself for thinking would end with Porsche...

Quite honestly, I think it's time for the NFS franchise as a whole to be put to bed. People were saying this years ago, but I was young and dumb and still loved it, and I couldn't see what they were talking about. Now I'm a grown man with a job and a real car of my own (two, in practice, but only one really works), and I very much do see it. Those in charge are out of ideas (good ones at least), they barely listen to the fanbase anymore and when they do they still manage to screw it up somehow, the quality of the games has been in decline for over 10 years with only one or two bright spots along the way (and both candidates were Burnoutized on top of it), and they seem to have reached a point where they are simply incapable of producing quality content. When it gets to this point, it's time to stop. Completely. Now. No reboots, no second chances, no more prolonging the life of this lurching zombie shell of a franchise. Anything from here should be restricted to a curiosity HD remix of one of the first 6 games or Motor City Online, with modern graphics, maybe some modern cars, and their original or Hot Pursuit 2's physics.

Do you know how long this deal is for?

#219 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Exactly this:

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice