Need Help Understanding New Audio System

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by 440cid, Aug 17, 2017.

1. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

First of all, I want to thank dev for the latest hotfix that puts the audio blend code outside of the protected zip file. I wanted to learn how to port my existing Sbeam based sound mod to utilize the newest audio system and I need help interpreting these lines

The audio blend files:
    ["art/sound/engine/I4/1052.flac", 1052] -> first quoted line refers to file audio location. My guess is that file "1052.flac" is 1052 RPM engine sound, is the next line indicates what RPM it should play?

What is the next file & line that has _P suffix used for?

On previous Sbeam system we have to manually adjust maxpitch, pitchBlendInEndValue, volumeBlendInStartValue, etc manually per audio sample. How does pitch and volume blend in and out handled in the new system?

Soundconfig at engine jbeam file:
    What are they used for? The obvious one I know is that sampleName line points to which folder the sound is at. In this case, art/sound/engine/V8_2. Can you explain me the rest of the lines are used for?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice