Need help with odd 6x6 idea

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by mano11, Jun 26, 2018.

1. mano11

mano11
    Expand Collapse

Hi all, let me start out by saying that I'm not certain this is the correct place to put this, but it seemed the most appropriate. with that out of the way, let me get to my topic.

Basically, I have an older version of the trailerpack.zip mod from AR162B in which the gooseneck trailer is spawned with the D-series as a bed attachment instead of a seperate vehicle. I have kept this file, and fixed a few texture problems that came along with updates, as well as strengthened the hitch connection to keep the trailer connected better to the truck. What I want to do is somehow add a differential or the D-series rear axle in place of the axles on the trailer so that I can engage the trailer wheels for an oddball articulated 6x6 vehicle, making a ghetto poor man's version of the soviet vehicles of the same nature. There used to be a really good russian article about these trucks but I can't find it, so here is an example of what I'm talking about: https://trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=2130 though that is one of the larger trucks.

I'm not looking for anything really polished, with models for a hydraulic pump/motor/lines, just an invisible drivetrain that I can engage to have a powered trailer. The problem is, I have no idea where to start. Is this doable 100% by editing a JBEAM file? Thank you in advance for any help provided, and thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

#1 mano11, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. mano11

mano11
    Expand Collapse

Anyone?

3. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Here's something I threw together. It has 8x8 transfer cases and some differentials for the trailer. It works, but I wouldn't recommend locking the center transfercase unless you need too, because the size of it causes a ton of torsion between the truck and trailer.

Attached Files:

4. mano11

mano11
    Expand Collapse

This is amazing, thank you sir!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice