Unsolved need help with thechnical "rights" to game file modding (ESC)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by EpicSlayer7.666, Apr 24, 2019.

1. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

clear - Your mod must work without the need of any additional step, just by dragging and dropping the zip into the mods folder or by clicking the install button.
    unclear - You are not allowed to use copyrighted content in your mods.
    unclear - You have to be the author of the mod and/or have permission if you want to use content from another user.
    unclear - You must not overwrite any default game data. This is also valid for parts within jbeam files, mesh names within .dae files or objects within your materials.cs files.
    clear - You have to use unique zip filenames for your mods to prevent problems with other mods. Using your username as a filename extension is a good solution for that (e.g. "pickupengine_username").
    half - In general, use unique file/part names to prevent overwriting original game files or other modders content - this will also prohibit that your files will be overwritten one day.
    clear - Do not include unused files in your mod. Do not include readme files - use the overview instead. Reduce your file size to a minimum.
    clear - The mod has to respect the correct folder structure and therefore should work by simply dropping it into the mods folder.
    clear - Your mod must not contain inappropriate content.
    newbie need help - Please describe your mod in the overview and include at least two images of your mod (of course just for those which are taking advantage of adding pictures). If necessary please also add a brief 'how to use your mod'.
    newbie need help - Merely use the 'Upload Images' button to upload your pictures.
    clear - Mod filenames are allowed to contain the following characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, -, _ (do not add a version number as a file name extension)
    clear - Do not upload multiple simple mods - please summarize them in a decent way. Try to balance the amount of mods and the file size.
    clear - Check beforehand if your mod is dropping error messages in the console.
    clear - Please do not copy a whole map/car to simply add a single detail. To not have a simply increased file size, try to add your modification to existing content.

as you can see the guide line above, they seam obvious but the mod i am wanting to build they are unclear...

by example, i have modded the stability control file "esc.lua" that is for the "ESC" and tested it to work as
    "I" intended it to, it being a mod that can be turned on and off makes it not exactly disruptive and can be
    deleted perfectly. (and no need to unzip it for it working)

the problem is that it is a game file, that means it has no "type of mod"
    second it is a "game file" hence "copyrighted", do not have permission, is "temporarily" overwriting game data
    but not literally since if you disable the mod the effects are off and deleting the mod does not lave any
    permanent changes.

so i would need directions on IF i can upload such a mod AND where and how to do so properly.
    (i could of done my first stupid idea of packaging the ESC.LUA in each cars but the mod is
    on other cars when the car is not loaded but that is how i figured out i can make it standalone!)

as far as the effects of my mod, it limits the engine locking up from the ESC at speeds above 7 m/s or 25.2 km/h (15.6 mph) and puts a throttle times 0.5 and resets it when not needed... (practically works the same but uses an alternate method to keep RPM in check at driving speeds so the rock climbing performance at low speed is unaffected.)

if any one with "authority" wants me to upload the file for play testing, i have no problem with that.

2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

The developers won't stop you from uploading a mod that alters the game files to the forums, especially if it can be disabled easily. It just probably won't make it into the ingame repo. Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to make your ESC not overwrite the ingame one, but I've never gotten it to work right myself so I'm not sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

tho if i made it not override the normal file, i would need to modify every single car mod and game cars to use the alternate ESC but i guess i can try and upload it... just not sure in what "mod category" this will fit ;P my best bet might be "mods of mods" (also thanks for the reply...)

at least i am a bit more sure for the Automation cars where i probably only need a 96x96 pixel thumb nail and then upload that and the car file then put the description on the upload page. (unless there is one inside... i might have to download "some guys" car and see if any extra text based files are needed then add my own stuff to fill in those blanks.)

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Technically you should make it as part for each of the cars, which is of course bit of work, but it would be much better, overwriting ESC could lead to issues where user reports bug of game and actually bug could be in your ESC mod.

When you upload mod to repo, overview is description of your mod, you then add pics if there is pics to add. Generally even ESC mod does benefit from pics even it is not graphical mod, you just have to make some pic of ESC button or something.

5. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

that is the opposite, if they download an ESC mod and find it is doing it wrong, they "know" it is the ESC. if i put it in the car, it will modify ALL other cars and will need to disable my cars (disabling mods) one by one until none is left so it does not mess with the ESC. this way they only need to disable the ESC mod when they do not want it OR delete it if they do not like it. if i put it in all cars then they need to find my cars one by one and disable them one by one as well. (also no one would submit bug reports on things they know they did, but they would not know with the cars tho.)
    --- Post updated ---
    here is the mod in question, just drop it in the mod folder and it works, disable it from the mod page if you do not want it to run.

Attached Files:

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you make it for each car, then it will be just a part which is not overriding default ESC in any way, not even for specific car as it would be part called EpicSlayer ESC or something like that.

See for example how I made race traction control which essentially is modified ESC, you just need to choose it in parts manager and it never overwrites any logic, just adds new one:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/race-traction-control.60160/

So based on folder structure of that you should be able to make yours to be similar way just addon to esc slot of parts.

7. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

well by your method if i want to use it with all cars in the game or let other people use it for all cars in the game... i would need to mod their cars and put it in... tho i could supply my own cars with such a method and that makes it's own sense, my method is kind of like an unofficial update that do not change files, just values if the mod is on or off...

basically it is just the "ESC.LUA" file of this game with altered lines that gets loaded and is only used if the mod is on, if it is off, the default ESC.LUA is used. so in therms of working correctly it passes 100%, in therms of simplicity of using and disabling also 100%... and the mod is advertised as is, a temporary modded ESC file for all cars. no modding effort needed by the user, "drag, drop,
    use, disable or delete if not liked or needed". it is actually harder to start the game than to use or disable the mod! (the game launcher looks like a windows error and has like 10 options so... plus my mod is as simple to turn on and off as a flash light.)

so the real question is am i allowed to post the mod as is or is modded game files 100% wrong? (BTW i only make Automation car exports with settings tweaks so i cannot make car parts yet.)

then again your mod is like mine except it works as a car part in only that car... unless you entirely rewritten the ESC.LUA file and used no parts of it what so ever. i can do basic code modification but not create entirely new code... for that i need to know the handles and variables i can access and read. only the game makers know that stuff unless this game is open source. (insane amount of work recreating a file 100% different with 100% same result except for 2 extra lines that unclogs the throttle. rather add those 2 extra lines directly with a easy ON/OFF switch on a 9kb file in the mod page.)

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

From my point of view, problem of your method is that it overwrites ingame ESC when mod is enabled, this potentially can break the game and is not advised.

It would be better to make it as a part of a car, but yes that means that you need to make addon part for every vehicle you wish to add it to, but then there would be zero problems as generally you can use ingame content to create derivate works, that is in EULA too.

My race traction control is official ESC which I did butcher to act only as TC, which then kinda lead to Diamondback finding out some improvement possibilities https://www.beamng.com/threads/traction-control-improvements.60611/ in existing ESC logic. That of course can mean that if coming updates change something in ESC, your mod when active would cause old ESC logic be in place instead of new one in future, which is where all the problems start.

That is why there is mentioning about not to overwrite game files. Essentially it might be less trouble to make your mod as a part for each car than to deal with all the issues such overwriting might cause in future.

9. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

in that point i understand. tho too bad i cannot make it ON for all cars automatically in a way so not one has to put my mod in their car files or me needing to mod thousands of cars in the mod section asking for permission to all of them... mods comes with risks and they only need to disable it when an update comes and wait for my update. (or keep my file Enabled needing it while i update it if they did not fix the original problem.)

tho what i did to the file, most people could do so in reality any one could update the change i made... if only there was a way to make my mod "add" to the games files so any change they make, my mod would simply add on those changes... (or at least each update it would disable it self and let the player onptionally re-enable it if the "esc.lua" file changed or keep the mod enabled if the esc.lua is the same as the previous version...)

anyways all that my mod does is fix the bug where the engine stalls because of the ESC rev Limiter that "hacks" it's way to the engine and stalls it even in null, if you turn in S patterns, the car stalls in null even when the throttle it at full. so what my mod does is leave the positive effect it has at 25km/h and less for rock climbing and overrides it over 25km/h and lets the throttle do it's thing at higher speeds but reduces it (0.50) when turning and needing traction instead of turning off the engine to lock the RPM. this way you can do controlled drifts and drive rear engine cars without spinning out when turning. so all of the intended ESC functions are there without the negative bug the Rev Limiter imposes!

tho if they update the ESC and remove the Rev Limiter bug, then i will not need my mod anymore so i would just disable it. and then i will not need to update all my cars to use the in game ESC since that is what they already do. (plus i do not know how to make it use the ESC button and not conflict with the REAL ESC having 2 ESC fighting for the control of the car.)

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can you give more details about this please?
    Maybe I missed if there's a thread about this already.

11. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/threads/esc-settings-do-not-have-a-parameter-for-the-throttle.61763/

i also put a modded file that "quick fix" the issue. (try it with it on and off with an insane RWD and a lower powered one and a AWD offroad that can rock climb, all 3 with the ESC have good and bad qualities, i did a mix of both ON and OFF for both)

simply put if i go fast and turn, the ESC wants more traction, the ESC file is correct in limiting the RPM to keep stable traction but instead of tuning down the throttle to keep an average RPM, it lefts of 99% of the throttle for like 2 seconds acting like the engine just shuts off. on low speeds when rock climbing that effect lets me climb rocks no problems and if i use my method of limiting it is not enough so i put a "let pass" filter with "if speed < 7 then" and put the normal RPM limiter in that and put a else with " throttleFactor = throttleFactor * 0.5" and outside of that to reset it to normal i put "throttleFactor = min(max(1 - (throttleFactorIntegral * currentESCConfiguration.throttleIntegralFactor), currentESCConfiguration.minThrottleFactor), 1)"

i do not know if this post will end up messed up by formatting from posting code (did it last time)

so here is the modded lua

so now at faster speeds the car get's it's traction by reducing the throttle. (if there was a way to know how much throttle affects spin on individual cars, then one math line of that could give a factor of "reduce throttle" perfect for each cars, tho 0.5 times throttle did the job plenty enough even with 1000 to 1450HP so i really ought to make a 100HP car to test of 0.5 is too much!
    --- Post updated ---
    ok to expand on what this started from, i kept making very unstable cars (rear engine) and needed them to be very strict on the ESC and put it at yaw smooth to 25, threshold 0.05 plus a bunch of other settings... but in final result, each time i turned it made the ESC over react on only one aspect and that was the RPM limiter...

i did not know that this was the cause so i thought there was a parameter missing from my config file to control the ESC's grasp on the throttle. just that there was none AND the problem was entirely the RPM limiter, when "Capkirk" told me to read the esc.lua, i tried to find that "parameter" and it did not exist, i found out tho that the problem was the revlimiter in the decision block and "removed" (temporarily) the parts that effected the RPM and saved the file for a test and the car suddenly did not have that problem.

then i tried to limit the timing by dividing the time (dt / 100) and it worked a bit but not enough. so i tried my usual rock climbing and it all failed... so to keep the benefice and fix the problem i made it act "normal" at low speeds and modified (off and using throttle limiter instead of RPM) at higher speeds. this makes the brakes keep the car strait while not cutting power off for 2 seconds on the engine each minor course corrections. (in other words 99% of the time under RPM limiter and never accelerating... you can even stall a car on null gear if going in S long enough.)

all tho my "quick fix" works technically for all BUT a simple value from the config file that would let us bypass the rev limiter at certain speeds and use a throttle factor instead would let us fix our individual cars and also by having default values "default" to how it is now, then no one's cars will get broken AND those that are broken from those "Default values" and had "no fix" (like right now) other than along the lines of what i did (modifying game files)... well they will have a legit way to fix their vehicles from inside the game by tweaking 2 values. (speed threshold and throttle factor on ESC turn cut).

i hope i am not being excessive but i rather talk about it proposing the idea instead of just putting the lua file in all cars and messing every one's game only to fix my cars... and the fact i proposed it as a mod and made it a user choice as a standalone file that can be turned ON and OFF like any other mod without any scripting or complex thing to do is my polite way of dealing with it.

i also uploaded 3 good candidates for using my mod versus normal ESC and they project the presented problems very well. (one high powered Muscle, one rear Engine medium power and a offrader capable of rockclimbing with normal ESC and mine. when the 3 gets in, i will add the rear engine Formula one...)

Attached Files:

12. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

hey fufsgfen, i tried to copy your ESC mod to make a part (not copy paste but the "method") and found that i have NO CLUE to what i need to do!!!

right now, i took the ESC file (esc.lua) renamed it, went in the jbeam file defining the esc like you did and renamed to the same name both parts (you put "tc" instead of "esc" like your file where they were, so i did the same.) and when i load my Automation car, i get the blue truck appear instead of my car... i tried making a copy of the "item" that goes into the "slot" (SLOT = CAMSO_ESC, ITEM = CAMSO_ESC, MY NEW ONE = CAMSO_ESC2) and when i load my car, it is normal but when i select the 2nd ESC the blue truck appears again... so what do cars need to be valid or did i miss a very important step?

also since it is a Automation car, i really see they Export them like crap honestly... they look nothing alike BeamNG cars structure wise... (the car is like 5 parts, front wheels, rear wheels, ESC, ABS, Fuel Tank. and they are all in the main car jbeam anot not in the pc file so... total mess in structure)

any tips to what a car must have at all cost? (PC file and Part file)

an answer from the BeamNG support would be appreciated as well! (hinting at Nadeox1 ;P ) (also would help if the Automation Exporter would follow standard BeamNG structure...)

13. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

ah here i got the Updated Version for V16... EDIT i tested it with my old one still active and that did not give me the right results so... old one if better for now.

#13 EpicSlayer7.666, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Usually blue truck appearing means that something goes wrong, using tilde key ~ opens the console and there can be error messages regarding of that.

Slot is something you don't need to change, because it just is slot where your new ESC part should fit in.

15. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

i will try the ~ key that should help.

by what i observed you changed 2 things in the part file for the esc, changing the "esc" to "tc" and that made it choose the file "tc.lua" instead of the "esc.lua" and i did not change much more than that so... at least now i know there is a console!

• Like Like x 1
  16. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

wow i got 2 logs here, one with the Default Blue Truck appearing and one with the car staying there. in the truck case, i put the file name in both places where "esc" was written, in the other, i put in only in the top list and here are the logs (tho they tell me nothing that i can make any sense of...) (second one is the truck and first is the best i could do...)

1313.65872|D|libbeamng.lua.V.vehicleController.settingsChanged|NOT refreshing settings before access
    1313.66419|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|lua/vehicle/controller/ES_esc.lua:811: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
    1313.66420|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|=============== Stack Traceback >> START >>
    1313.66421|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(1) C function 'function: 0x091ec0f8'
    1313.66422|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(2) global C function 'ipairs'
    1313.66423|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(3) Lua field 'initSecondStage' at file 'lua/vehicle/controller/ES_esc.lua:811'
    1313.66424|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| Local variables:
    1313.66428|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| wheelCount = number: 0
    1313.66429|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| escConfigs = table: 0x1e2131f8 {cid:2, fileName:ES_esc, slotType:main, partOrigin:Camso_ESC2, name:ES_esc (more...)}
    1313.66430|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(4) Lua field 'initSecondStage' at file 'lua/vehicle/controller.lua:383'
    1313.66431|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| Local variables:
    1313.66432|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| (for generator) = C function: next
    1313.66433|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| (for state) = table: 0x2a535618 {1:table: 0x2a7d1c88, 2:table: 0x2a7b8270, 3:table: 0x2a7cb138}
    1313.66434|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| (for control) = userdata: 0x7fff00000002
    1313.66435|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| _ = number: 1
    1313.66435|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| v = table: 0x2a7d1c88 {stiffnessFront:0, isExisting:true, stiffnessRear:0, calibrationMeasurementReady:false (more...)}
    1313.66436|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(5) Lua global 'initSystems' at file 'lua/vehicle/main.lua:124'
    1313.66437|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| Local variables:
    1313.66438|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| hp = userdata: 0x25f2cdd0
    1313.66439|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|(6) Lua function 'init' at file 'lua/vehicle/main.lua:304' (best guess)
    1313.66440|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| Local variables:
    1313.66441|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| path = string: "vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/"
    1313.66442|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| partConfigData = string: "{[\"vars\"]={[\"$frontPSI\"]=30,[\"$rearPSI\"]=30,[\"$fuel\"]=41.5},[\"parts\"]={[\"Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone\",[\"Camso_suspension_R\"]=\"Camso_doublewishbone_R\",[\"Camso_ABS\"]=\"Camso_ABS\",[\"Camso_Turbo\"]=\"Camso_Turbo\",[\"Camso_Transmission\"]=\"Camso_Transmission\",[\"wheels_rear\"]=\"wheels_rear\",[\"Camso_Engine\"]=\"Camso_Engine\",[\"Camso_brake_R\"]=\"Camso_brake_R\",[\"Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone\",[\"Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone\",[\"Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone\",[\"wheels_front\"]=\"wheels_front\",[\"Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone\",[\"Camso_suspension_F\"]=\"Camso_doublewishbone_F\",[\"Camso_brake_F\"]=\"Camso_brake_F\",[\"Camso_FuelTank\"]=\"Camso_FuelTank\",[\"Camso_steering_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_steering_doublewishbone\",[\"Camso_ESC\"]=\"Camso_ESC2\",[\"Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone\"]=\"Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone\"}}"
    1313.66443|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| hp1 = userdata: 0x091ec5a8
    1313.66444|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| hp2 = userdata: 0x091ec600
    1313.66445|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception| isMotionSimEnabled = boolean: false
    1313.66446|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|--------------- << END <<
    1313.66447|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|******************************************
    1313.66448|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|*** DISABLING VEHICLE DUE TO EXCEPTION ***
    1313.66449|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|******************************************
    1313.66450|E|libbeamng.Lua.Exception|*** vehicle/object error
    1313.68005|I|GELua.main|Player #0 vehicle switched from: nil to: id 7003 (vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/)

653.33650|D|libbeamng.lua.V.vehicleController.settingsChanged|NOT refreshing settings before access
    670.28921|I|BeamNGVehicle::spawnObject|Spawning object 'epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011' with config: {["vars"]={["$frontPSI"]=30,["$rearPSI"]=30,["$fuel"]=41.5},["parts"]={["Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone",["Camso_suspension_R"]="Camso_doublewishbone_R",["Camso_ABS"]="Camso_ABS",["Camso_steering_doublewishbone"]="Camso_steering_doublewishbone",["Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone",["wheels_rear"]="wheels_rear",["Camso_Engine"]="none",["wheels_front"]="wheels_front",["Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone",["Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone",["Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone",["Camso_suspension_F"]="Camso_doublewishbone_F",["Camso_brake_F"]="Camso_brake_F",["Camso_FuelTank"]="Camso_FuelTank",["Camso_brake_R"]="Camso_brake_R",["Camso_ESC"]="Camso_ESC2",["Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone"}}
    670.34191|D|libbeamng.lua.V.default.init|spawning vehicle vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/
    670.39203|D|libbeamng.lua.V.default.init| using partconfig data {["vars"]={["$frontPSI"]=30,["$rearPSI"]=30,["$fuel"]=41.5},["parts"]={["Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_swaybar_F_doublewishbone",["Camso_suspension_R"]="Camso_doublewishbone_R",["Camso_ABS"]="Camso_ABS",["Camso_steering_doublewishbone"]="Camso_steering_doublewishbone",["Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_coilover_F_doublewishbone",["wheels_rear"]="wheels_rear",["Camso_Engine"]="none",["wheels_front"]="wheels_front",["Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_swaybar_R_doublewishbone",["Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone"]="Camso_wheeldata_F_doublewishbone",["Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_wheeldata_R_doublewishbone",["Camso_suspension_F"]="Camso_doublewishbone_F",["Camso_brake_F"]="Camso_brake_F",["Camso_FuelTank"]="Camso_FuelTank",["Camso_brake_R"]="Camso_brake_R",["Camso_ESC"]="Camso_ESC2",["Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone"]="Camso_coilover_R_doublewishbone"}} - path:vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/
    670.47579|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: Camso_ABS from file: vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_electronics.jbeam and vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_electronics2.jbeam
    670.48332|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: license_plate_freeze_2_1 from file: vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam and vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze_night/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam
    670.49388|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: license_plate_freeze_2_1 from file: vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze_test/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam and vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam
    670.49423|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: Camso_Turbo from file: vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine_O.jbeam and vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine.jbeam
    670.49426|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: Camso_Transmission from file: vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine_O.jbeam and vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine.jbeam
    670.49427|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: Camso_FuelTank from file: vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine_O.jbeam and vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/camso_engine.jbeam
    670.49478|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_heavy from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49480|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_ecu_race from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49482|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_ecu from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49483|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage3 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49485|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_ultra from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49486|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_stage1 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49488|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_stage2 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49489|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_intake_v8 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49490|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage1 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49492|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49494|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage2 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49495|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_large from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam
    670.49549|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_i6_internals from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam
    670.49552|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_intake_i6 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam
    670.49553|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_i6_ecu from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam
    670.50223|E|libbeamng.lua.V.prepare|*** Invalid attribute name 'ES_esc'
    670.50226|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.compile|*** preparation error
    670.50228|E|libbeamng.lua.V.main|unable to load vehicle. Loading default pickup instead
    670.59787|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: license_plate_freeze_2_1 from file: vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze_night/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam and vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze_test/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam
    670.59807|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: license_plate_freeze_2_1 from file: vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam and vehicles/common/licenseplates/freeze_night/license-plate-freeze-2-1.jbeam
    670.60544|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_heavy from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60547|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_ecu_race from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60549|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage3 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60550|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_ultra from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60552|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_stage1 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60553|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals_stage2 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60555|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_large from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60556|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage1 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60558|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_intake_v8 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60559|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_internals from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60560|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_supercharger_v8_stage2 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60562|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_v8_ecu from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_v8tdor.jbeam
    670.60573|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_intake_i6 from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam
    670.60578|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_i6_internals from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam
    670.60580|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.loadDirectories|Duplicated part: pickup_engine_i6_ecu from file: vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6.jbeam and vehicles/common/pickup/pickup_engine_i6pig.jbeam
    671.09402|D|libbeamng.lua.V.vehicleController.settingsChanged|NOT refreshing settings before access
    671.13763|I|GELua.main|Player #0 vehicle switched from: nil to: id 9622 (vehicles/epicslayer7_666_porcherie_9011/)

i really do not understand since if it was the lua file being wrongly written, it would not work as a mod nor the original esc.lua file since they are practically carbon copy... and second point is that all i am trying to make the game do is use a file instead of the other...

670.50223|E|libbeamng.lua.V.prepare|*** Invalid attribute name 'ES_esc'
    670.50226|W|libbeamng.lua.V.jbeam.compile|*** preparation error
    670.50228|E|libbeamng.lua.V.main|unable to load vehicle. Loading default pickup instead

this part makes me wonder how it works, since in your case that would be "tc" instead of "ES_esc"

what i did is:

"slotType" : "Camso_ESC",
    "controller": [
    ["fileName"],
    ["postCrashBrake",{"brakeThreshold": 60}],
    ["ES_esc"],
    ],
    "esc": {
    "actionedWheels": ["FL", "FR", "RR", "RL"],
    "isDebugMode": 0,
    "defaultConfig": 1,

and the other was:

"slotType" : "Camso_ESC",
    "controller": [
    ["fileName"],
    ["postCrashBrake",{"brakeThreshold": 60}],
    ["ES_esc"],
    ],
    "ES_esc": {
    "actionedWheels": ["FL", "FR", "RR", "RL"],
    "isDebugMode": 0,
    "defaultConfig": 1,

the second variation is the one with both at "ES_esc" that makes the blue truck apear. and that i tested not in a slot and just direct changine the file at first and that gave me the truck... making a new item for a slot was easy but the content of that part to use a lua file is what i appear to be unable to do. (in my case use "ES_esc.lua" instead of "esc.lua") at this point i would need help from the game devs.

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Instead of ES_esc use only esc and as long as you have it in your vehicles/vehiclename/lua it is not overwriting esc of the game, only esc for your vehicle. It might be that game only works with tc or esc names.

18. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

ok explain a bit, for the file name what do i do? and for in the car's ESC settings, what do i do? (which one do i keep as esc?)

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Change all ES_esc to esc

20. EpicSlayer7.666

EpicSlayer7.666
    Expand Collapse

will try but my normal esc.lua mod is simply the file esc.lua in folders like "lua\vehicle\controller" so i wonder if it is not in that folder... like if it will make the difference with overriding and having a copy side by side available.

EDIT will try it and see i guess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice