Net neutrality is Dead.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Pyro Shepherd, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Are u Gonna pay for the internet packages?

1. Yea

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. Nope

33 vote(s)
    67.3%
  3. Moving away from the US of A

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Idk this kinda of internet based on each company.

But in reality the problem is for both Republican, Democrat and Independent. If you say like Trump (using him as a example! please no hate) a ISP can block you from ever going online to look for positive trump post on twitter either permanently or for $49.99 a month. You may need to pay $9.99 to look for a job online and that will reduce the amount of jobs by around 80% since most jobs require a online application and if you don't have any money to pay that fee then your screwed. Also many major company's may leave the US permanently because of it being totally unprofitable. You know small sites like Google, Microsoft, (only 18+ should look at the spoiler) this site and more. For Republicans it mean more money spent (government spending increase) for faster speeds from ISP's and for Democrats it means loss of freedom of speech but for Independents its close to homicide. The US might also see one of the largest Emigration in its 200+ year history from CEO's not being able to operate there businesses at reasonable cost to the millennials saying this sucks.
    Games will be affected so every MP ever made will either slow down to unplayable levels or the current loot box controversy will look like a scratch on a new car to one wrapped around a tree. Downloads may be slower or next to impossible unless you pay a fee ect.

The internet is how the world runs now and possibly for now on (unless teleportation of radio-tv waves happens).[/spoiler][/spoiler]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Well I heard somewhere that only the alt-right and other assorted dickcheeses really cared about net neutrality, and that if someone complains about the repeal, they're probably a Klansman or something... I'm beginning to think I've been bamboozled! Could this be fake news™?

#62 vmlinuz, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

You have. Both democrats and republicans hate this with the majority of both party's saying this is stupid and dumb. "Besides form letters, ISP-funded study finds almost no support for repealing rules". https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ort-for-keeping-current-net-neutrality-rules/
    https://www.wired.com/story/bots-form-letters-humans-fcc-net-neutrality-comments/
    http://www.insidesources.com/majori...ity-repeal-data-firm-says-but-theres-a-catch/
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/13/technology/fake-comments-fcc-net-neutrality/index.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

"A DJ named Ajit Pai had a bad day on instagram"
    -random news article

Oh, that's unfortunate... poor DJ.

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Since I dont live in the US, it doesnt effect me but what happened yesterday was some seriously f**ked up s**t that shouldnt have happened, they voted on party lines and not listened to the voice of the people who in the words of another President, that of Emmerson Mnangagwa "The voice of the people is the voice of god", what they have done is allowed Verizon (who Ajit Pai worked for as their top lawyer) has allowed his former company to get what it wants and start screwing around with peoples internet...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I heard that some New York Attorney General is gonna sue the FCC over this entire thing which is good of them because its about time Pai realised what hes done is going get the FCC into New York vs FCC court case and the FCC will lose it and have to reverse what they did out right thats what I hope will happen! either New York vs FCC or New York vs Ajit Pai

9. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Idiot Pai: Annnd there it goes!
    Lawsuits: I THINK NOT.

...Should've left this up to the courts and congress anyways.

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I would be like HERE COME...THE DRUMS...oh wait...this isnt Doctor Who...."HERE COME....THE LAWSUITS!"

11. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

the best anime of this season, shoujo shuumatsu ryouko, was delayed streaming in the west

this must all be the fault of net neutrality

damn you ajit pai

what is friday without some sweet potatoes

also I've just checked, and in the 230 days since installing this instance of my torrent client, I've downloaded 1.668TB and uploaded 3.999TB

#71 TechnicolorDalek, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  12. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Can't really say I'm surprised I mean it's all about money right? My condolences to every American.

Although with all the lobbyism going on in Germany it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if our government tried to do that too...

Fun fact: Who made Ashit Pile the Chairman of the FCC? Donald Trump.... yeah

#72 Wild Hog, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Before NN, ISPs would occasionally mess with speed for certain websites they didn't like. During NN they spent a LOT of money lobbying to remove it, but the recently they gave the consumers their word they won't actually use the newfound power they have spent so much effort lobbying to get back... Owning a small businesses is already difficult enough, now a bigger company like Amazon can throw money at ISPs to mess with their competitors websites... Between this and the tax plan and cutting important safety regulations for coal mines and such... GL to every small businesses in America... Some American dream eh?

Also, I heard many states are already planning on taking this to court or something

Speaking of "how did Pajit even get this position?", has everyone seen how inexperienced Trumps Judicial nominee is?

14. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I'm just going to be honest here, I'm not giving 2 rats butt of what's going on about Net Neutrality right now, I'm just going with the flow.

(here come the replies)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice