Net Neutrality

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Standard, Dec 5, 2017.

?

Opinion on net neutrality.

1. Do away with it

2. Reform It

3. Keep it as-is

4. Add more strict business laws.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Well, when I was still in school, I did need to use the internet for some of my assignments, mostly for research on topics relevant to the class. So I 100% agree that the internet does help a lot of students, and taking away Net Neutrality is going to hurt them.

Yeah if I was him, I'd back out for the sake of his family. He and his wife and kids has already been threatened by loonies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ajit Pai is a man who hates the free internet as we know it he is the puppet of the Verizon network!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

wow that's some nice reasoning and argumentation as to why nobody in the US will ever use this forum again after two days from now

i'm convinced

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Just because we "can't" stop something doesn't mean we can't talk about it. Living in a world where no one talks about things we "can't" change seems rather distopian. Imagine a New York where none of us are constantly complaining about how the MTA always makes us late to work and we just kinda accept it because we "can't" change it.

Also, with how the nearly universal the hatred of most American politics is currently, I don't see how banning talk about it will help anything.

#124 ManfredE3, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I meant in terms of him ruining the internet for everyone its laws that should stay in place okay!

6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I like how this went from ideological issue to a mere matter of costs in 3 pages.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Its pretty mad I know that much. All I do know if this gets repealed CNN will not be able to be found in the US on the web again because the Orange Haired Ape of a President will call up the FCC to have it blocked, violating the first amendment honestly hes sitting on about 15 to 20 Impeachments so far by my calculations, it would end free speech as we know it

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I only joined this conversation yesterday and TBH I haven't looked at any posts before I stepped in aside from stuff quoted recently, but I'm going to blame the dude who only got "my family pays a lot for average internet speed" out of everything I typed, said philosophy is useless (and "teology"... a cross between theology and teleology?), said he actively enjoys how much people are freaking out about something so important, ranted about the Cold War on this thread and some other irrelevant stuff, said we should all complain more about everything else and because we don't we clearly don't have the right to complain about this, said this is only an issue of $10/month and since the many struggling families in America (made worse by some other recent legislature) cannot afford it, America is a third world country and we need to have a conversation about income instead of net neutrality, said we should all start our own ISP companies since we don't like the monopoly currently in the US, said that internet is paid therefore should not be regulated...

All of this was just the weird things I've seen that guy say from a quick read of 3 of his posts, none of which I bothered really looking through for significant errors... only 3... This post is really just my rant about how he surely is a troll that for some reason we have all been taking seriously. With how much the FCC has been doing to derail the conversation, maybe Elwood is actually working for them... I don't think he has said anything that's actually contributing so far, just throwing in red herrings and picking at specific not important points of what some people say

#128 ManfredE3, Dec 14, 2017
  9. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah because the 2nd most fattest country is the world is a 3rd world country. Those countries in Africa where there is truck loads of starving children bodies, no no no we're a 3rd world country because some jack off want to charge a fee for the internet. I going to give you some advice kid, Go take a holiday in Cambodia.
    You don't know a thing you're saying, Elwood is pointing out how much of a first world problem this is and how most of the people complaining about this are hypocrites for complaining about this while not complaining about more important things, like health insurance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

When did I say this is a third world country? The quote you quoted was me quoting the dude you're agreeing with. Let me give you some advice kid, learn to read.

Just because this is a first world problem doesn't mean it isn't our problem. More issues exist than third world issues. Just because this gathers more attention than other of our issues, that doesn't mean this shouldn't gather that much attention. Don't lower attention to issue X just because issue Y isn't getting enough. That is like saying lets lower education standards so that the kids who don't have the ability to have a good education can look nicer next to those with a better education system.

Also, Elwood's red herrings and focusing on random points instead of the real issues is showing us that this is a first world issue and therefore we should accept whatever happens? What? Need I remind you that he said he finds this all entertaining? Doesn't seem like a guy trying to further this conversation by refocusing it on what's more important, just a guy trying to focus on things that are not important just to get a laugh.

#130 ManfredE3, Dec 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

This thread has seriously come off topic, stop arguing about wider politics, keep it on topic. This thread will not survive much longer with the way things are going

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Reminder from keep the discussion somewhat civil.
    Insults, unecessay foul language and threats to others do not belong here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    And if you want my honest opinion. Ajit Pai is probably the most smug, arrogant politician I've seen in a while. He thinks he's funny too. This video proves it. Ugh, the cringe.

He's really making himself look like a complete idiot.
    --- Post updated ---
    I want to laugh at him, not with him.

14. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, Ajit Pai looks like a retarded Indian people who works in the communication thingy and only wants money and he would buy lots of expensive things from around the world. Why don't he just start his own company and leave the internet alone forever?
    Internet is actually a human rights. Everyone in the world deserve to use the internet.
    This is my rant and I apologize for the usage of cruel language and I hope he resign from working as a Chairman of F.C.C. in U.S.A.

SwagGuy69.

#134 JCX034, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  15. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I swear to god if this gets deleted again because @nosraenyr kcirtap kcin keeps posting shitty memes and "debunking" trashing everyone elses opinion I'mma throw shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure this is helping...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Like putting out a fire with gasoline.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Elwood

Elwood
    Expand Collapse

*1) Name me one practical use of philosophy. One.

*2) How many languages do you speak? American English and Bad English? Turning over on typo, good job.

*3) I said, clearly, that Internect access is a paid service. You pay for the ability to connect to the Internet. NOT for the Internet itself. What part of that you did not understood? Do you posses the ability to comprehend written text or do you require IKEA styled picture manual to everything? You would be the reason why manufacturers have to put warning on microwaves TO NOT put live animals in them!

*4) This phenomena is definitely not recent. Unless you define recent as last 8 years. Then yes. I never stated that USA are a "3rd world country" ... but perhaps, I have made some notes about quickly going there with the demands on regulating everything people like you like and illegalize everything what people like you do not like. Then, of course, you are going to be a 3rd world country very fast.

*5) Now ... I wish I actually was actively working for FCC. First I would be paid above nation wide average in USA, then I would be having access to probably all of your sensitive data and last but not least, I would be having more fun then I already am!

*6) I think that solving the issue of overpriced "affordable health care act" and money black holes in foreign policies (Iran ... *coughs*) are more important issues than some "NetNeutrality" where is not certain any outcome, but the results of all I named before are more than clear and more expensive ... but perhaps that is just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mr. Anderson2571

Mr. Anderson2571
    Expand Collapse

Let us all agree now that Ajit Pia, Trump, and everyone in the White House that supported the end of Net Neutrality are MASSIVE FUCKING ASSHOLES. THEY HAVE RUINED THE FREE WEB FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

FUCK THEM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice